Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bribery Scandal Top Universities/Fake Athletes

Big university bribery scandal involving several schools and college coaches. Yale women's soccer coach is one of them. FL man was taking tests for applicants. It was all spearheaded by a "consulting" company

BOSTON — College coaches and others have been charged in a sweeping admissions bribery case unsealed in federal court. The racketeering conspiracy charges unveiled Tuesday were brought against the coaches at schools including Wake Forest University, Georgetown and the University of Southern California.

Authorities say the coaches accepted bribes in exchange for admitting students as athletes, regardless of their ability. Prosecutors say parents paid an admissions consultant $25 million from 2011 through February 2019 to bribe coaches and administrators to label their children as recruited athletes to boost their chances of getting into schools.

Prosecutors allege that fake athletic profiles were also made to make students look like strong high school athletes when they actually weren’t. Authorities say the consulting company also bribed administrators of college entrance exams to allow a Florida man to take the tests on behalf of students or replace their answers with his.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.5b174bc32322

Broward county HS american football players havent taken a SAT or ACT in years. this is old news

Comment

I can't believe it took them 500k to get someone into USC.... how ****ing dumb was that kid?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Broward county HS american football players havent taken a SAT or ACT in years. this is old news
        This is the funniest post I have ever seen on this site.

Comment

I can't believe it took them 500k to get someone into USC.... how ****ing dumb was that kid?
          So true...Compared to Stanford, Cal and a host of other colleges USC is the FAU of California.

Comment

Hey, idiot...that's the University of Southern California - USC ..they have a 16% acceptance rate, just FYI.

Comment

So true...Compared to Stanford, Cal and a host of other colleges USC is the FAU of California.

You might want to get updated on your CA schools..this is not 25 years ago...CAL and USC are now tied for 22 top schools in the country per US News & World Report, with a 16% acceptance rate.

Comment

Hey, idiot...that's the University of Southern California - USC ..they have a 16% acceptance rate, just FYI.
                So what!!??? I really dont care if they have a 1.6% acceptance rate, my point wasn't that its a sh1itty school.... 500k...!!??

Thats just a stupid investment.

My kid may not be einstein but I'm pretty sure I could get him in with a bribe WAAAYYY less than a half mil.

Comment

Big university bribery scandal involving several schools and college coaches. Yale women's soccer coach is one of them. FL man was taking tests for applicants. It was all spearheaded by a "consulting" company

BOSTON — College coaches and others have been charged in a sweeping admissions bribery case unsealed in federal court. The racketeering conspiracy charges unveiled Tuesday were brought against the coaches at schools including Wake Forest University, Georgetown and the University of Southern California.

Authorities say the coaches accepted bribes in exchange for admitting students as athletes, regardless of their ability. Prosecutors say parents paid an admissions consultant $25 million from 2011 through February 2019 to bribe coaches and administrators to label their children as recruited athletes to boost their chances of getting into schools.

Prosecutors allege that fake athletic profiles were also made to make students look like strong high school athletes when they actually weren’t. Authorities say the consulting company also bribed administrators of college entrance exams to allow a Florida man to take the tests on behalf of students or replace their answers with his.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.5b174bc32322
                  So rich and/or famous people skirt the system. Wow, in other news the earth is round, Japan bombed Pearl Harbor and Trump is a con man.

Comment

So what!!??? I really dont care if they have a 1.6% acceptance rate, my point wasn't that its a sh1itty school.... 500k...!!??

My kid may not be einstein but I'm pretty sure I could get him in with a bribe WAAAYYY less than a half mil.
                    You win, there's no reasoning with an idiot. It's a top 25 school, with highly selective admissions and 1400 average SAT scores, and yet YOUR point is that its a "sh!!ty school". Obviously it's just not good enough for your very high standards. I'm moving on.

Comment

Both parents are liberals. That should tell you how dumb the kid was.

Comment

Not exactly, but if you say so:

US News World Report 2018/19 Rankings:

#7 Stanford
                        #12 Cal Tech
                        #19 UCLA
                        #22 USC (tied)
                        #22 CAL (tied)

#35 Univ of Florida
                        #50 Univ of Miami
                        #70 FSU
                        #230 to 301 FAU

So, ok, USC is not Stanford, but USC kind of crushes ALL the FL schools too. (yes, I know that Univ. of Florida is a good school, calm down, but also get out of FL and get some perspective). It helps when attempting an argument.

Comment

Interestingly, cooperating witness #2 works at a sports prep school in Bradenton FL... hmmmm..... any ideas on what expensive sports focused prep school may have been mixed up in this?

Not exactly, but if you say so:

US News World Report 2018/19 Rankings:

#7 Stanford
                          #12 Cal Tech
                          #19 UCLA
                          #22 USC (tied)
                          #22 CAL (tied)

#35 Univ of Florida
                          #50 Univ of Miami
                          #70 FSU
                          #230 to 301 FAU

So, ok, USC is not Stanford, but USC kind of crushes ALL the FL schools too. (yes, I know that Univ. of Florida is a good school, calm down, but also get out of FL and get some perspective). It helps when attempting an argument.

Comment

So rich and/or famous people skirt the system. Wow, in other news the earth is round, Japan bombed Pearl Harbor and Trump is a con man.
                            Haha and Armada sucks d.

Comment

now that you've been proven wrong....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X