Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love this from BOTN:

The wheels of the school bus go round round round, hahahaha...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Not the OP but you probably didn’t know either, Google is a wonderful thing...
      Most people don't even know who the big wigs are within their own clubs let alone a league. Despite the over involvement of TS posters, the average soccer family just doesn't care

Comment

Most people don't even know who the big wigs are within their own clubs let alone a league. Despite the over involvement of TS posters, the average soccer family just doesn't care
        Yeah, probably. However, this is the GDA thread, so one would think that there is some sense of knowledge, but I get your point. So let me ask you oh-wise-one, any chance that NYCFC does NOT fold-up shop with the girls academy??

Comment

Yeah, probably. However, this is the GDA thread, so one would think that there is some sense of knowledge, but I get your point. So let me ask you oh-wise-one, any chance that NYCFC does NOT fold-up shop with the girls academy??
          I'm not so wise, just realistic about parental involvement outside their own clubs. On NYCFC I've no idea as I'm not with the club. The fact that boys MLS clubs are pushing to bail out of BDA doesn't bode well. There's little payback at all for them to run a girls program unless it's purely for profit. I find it troubling that the top club in GDA last year is struggling this year and may bail. The NE is already weak enough as it is. If NEFC bails too (rumor) I don't think NE GDA survives.

Comment

I'm not so wise, just realistic about parental involvement outside their own clubs. On NYCFC I've no idea as I'm not with the club. The fact that boys MLS clubs are pushing to bail out of BDA doesn't bode well. There's little payback at all for them to run a girls program unless it's purely for profit. I find it troubling that the top club in GDA last year is struggling this year and may bail. The NE is already weak enough as it is. If NEFC bails too (rumor) I don't think NE GDA survives.
            I know a parent with NYCFC boys, and the talk over there is, that they will revamp the schedules to better accommodate the MLS academies, more games against each other. The final decision has not been made, as Kaz’s letter was open to interpretation, it might mean that he will not be involved anymore, but not necessarily that the club is done.

Comment

I know a parent with NYCFC boys, and the talk over there is, that they will revamp the schedules to better accommodate the MLS academies, more games against each other. The final decision has not been made, as Kaz’s letter was open to interpretation, it might mean that he will not be involved anymore, but not necessarily that the club is done.
              Imagine that, after all of the rhetoric about how revolutionary ussf is and how decentralization of power to the clubs in ecnl is the problem ..... Da clubs are flexing their muscle and ussf is caving to pander to the masses.

Comment

Imagine that, after all of the rhetoric about how revolutionary ussf is and how decentralization of power to the clubs in ecnl is the problem ..... Da clubs are flexing their muscle and ussf is caving to pander to the masses.
                I think they are just pandering to who pays the bills. If they financed the da, they could do whatever they wanted and no one else would have much say.

Comment

Sure it'll survive! USSF will just grant 2 new mid-low level NPL or EDP clubs the GDA badge and anoint them "best of the best"! They'll move awful LISC back into NE (pending PR's approval) and give them the GDA badge for however many age groups they can field and voila(!)...you have a NE conference! The added bonus will be that most of the teams will be underqualified, it'll feel like there's actually parity (excluding the games against Fury, Oakwood and NYSC who will become kings of the hill)...well, except when they play other regions, but who cares about that, lol.

Comment

Sure it'll survive! USSF will just grant 2 new mid-low level NPL or EDP clubs the GDA badge and anoint them "best of the best"! They'll move awful LISC back into NE (pending PR's approval) and give them the GDA badge for however many age groups they can field and voila(!)...you have a NE conference! The added bonus will be that most of the teams will be underqualified, it'll feel like there's actually parity (excluding the games against Fury, Oakwood and NYSC who will become kings of the hill)...well, except when they play other regions, but who cares about that, lol.
                    That is exactly how it will go. And if that is what the customers want, so be it. Who cares? A league does not make a player or a team, the players do that. Slapping this patch or that patch on a jersey only changes the jersey, not the players.

Comment

Without NYCFC and NEFC, the Northeast GDA will lose all credibility, love them or hate them, both of those clubs are quality, will be the beginning of the end...

Comment

Without NYCFC and NEFC, the Northeast GDA will lose all credibility, love them or hate them, both of those clubs are quality, will be the beginning of the end...
                        I doubt that. I think they will just invite other clubs to join. New clubs will join the league and play. There will be some strong and some wekaer players involved as there always are. Life will go on.

Comment

I doubt that. I think they will just invite other clubs to join. New clubs will join the league and play. There will be some strong and some wekaer players involved as there always are. Life will go on.
                          So let’s see, who can they invite to replace those 2 clubs, and still maintain a quality level of play, Quickstrike??

Comment

So let’s see, who can they invite to replace those 2 clubs, and still maintain a quality level of play, Quickstrike??
                            I don't think quality level of play is the point any more in youth sports.

Comment

I don't think quality level of play is the point any more in youth sports.
                              It is kinda sorta but only to the point where you can still run a successful business. There is not a business model that really rewards just having a high level of play. If there were, we would have it.

Comment

Oh goodie! Can they get more Alby-like clubs in? It's so much fun crushing them, or Empire 6-0 a game.

Dude, if NYCFC and NEFC leave the NE region is done for. It might struggle one more year by letting in a few other weak clubs, but as the quality continues to deteriorate more decent players leave, even weaker players come in... and the toilet whirlpool continues

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X