Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am shocked that people mock that kids got accepted at programs like Villanova and LSU. Your reality is just a tad bit off. Should have mentioned the Dorsey sisters and other at FSU. And countless others to UCF, FAU, USC, Missouri, Vanderbuilt, Kentucky, and UF. Oh wait, that doesn't really fit your objective, nevermind.
    Why mention the Dorsey sisters? They were being recruited....what, 6 or 7 years ago? Are they relevant to today's ECNL and GDA world?

Also, I'd leave the Florida schools off since those coaches basically are counting on bright futures and in state tuition for the Florida girls. They don't have to offer them much money. They're almost free roster spots.

Comment

I'm curious, what girls clubs are better than Sunrise? Clay County maybe? Other than Clay, no other club can play at a national level. Sunrise are better than Prime, Weston and SFFA in S. FL. So if Sunrise is so bad, where can you go that is better. Two years Miami CF will be an option. For now, not much else so stick with Sunrise!
      "play at a national level" ?????

How on earth would you know? You're playing teams that are watered down because both ECNL and GDA have plucked top players out of your leagues.

Sounds like there is no good options down there in SF, but I can assure you that a regional or national rec league is not a good option.

Talent should consolidate in GDA or ECNL...where ever the best coaches are down there... and then see what you can do. Truly on a national level.

Comment

Why mention the Dorsey sisters? They were being recruited....what, 6 or 7 years ago? Are they relevant to today's ECNL and GDA world?

Also, I'd leave the Florida schools off since those coaches basically are counting on bright futures and in state tuition for the Florida girls. They don't have to offer them much money. They're almost free roster spots.
        *** are you talking about???? So playing college soccer doesn’t count if the school decides the scholarship money comes from an academic pool instead of the athletic pool? Do you realize how stupid that sounds??? These girls are playing college soccer and not paying to go to college. Who cares what pool the money is coming from. You don’t seem very bright.

Comment

*** are you talking about???? So playing college soccer doesn’t count if the school decides the scholarship money comes from an academic pool instead of the athletic pool? Do you realize how stupid that sounds??? These girls are playing college soccer and not paying to go to college. Who cares what pool the money is coming from. You don’t seem very bright.
          Not very bright? Yea, ok.

Simply stated accurate information.

By all means...keep claiming those soccer scholarships even if they are signing for a cup of coffe and some shin guards.

Comment

Not very bright? Yea, ok.

Simply stated accurate information.

By all means...keep claiming those soccer scholarships even if they are signing for a cup of coffe and some shin guards.
            You clearly haven’t been through the soccer recruiting process yet. All coaches have a pool of money to split amongst their players. They can choose to go the academic route to save the athletic pool for players who may not have the best grades. That is the preference of all college coaches. A lot of the sunrise girls are also great students - that’s what college coaches want. Great players and great students will allow the college soccer coaches to get a few studs who may not have the best grades or are international players by offering athletic scholarships.

Some schools may not offer athletic scholarships at all to anyone for soccer. All the money comes from the academic side.

Learn what you are talking about before commenting here. You clearly have an agenda against sunrise but what you are saying is just stupid so you’ll have to come up with something else.

Comment

How on earth would you know? You're playing teams that are watered down because both ECNL and GDA have plucked top players out of your leagues.

Sounds like there is no good options down there in SF, but I can assure you that a regional or national rec league is not a good option.

Talent should consolidate in GDA or ECNL...where ever the best coaches are down there... and then see what you can do. Truly on a national level.
              Other than Tophat, there is absolutely NO difference in the level
              of play in the SE conference of the GDA. WFF, Weston, USA IMG and SFFA are all worse clubs than National League. No argument that Texas and So Cal divisions are better, but the GDA is bad! Locally Weston and SFFA are rec programs. Weston begs for Sunrise players. Without Sunrise, Weston couldn’t field teams. ECNL and GDA are better leagues, but not here.

Comment

You clearly haven’t been through the soccer recruiting process yet. All coaches have a pool of money to split amongst their players. They can choose to go the academic route to save the athletic pool for players who may not have the best grades. That is the preference of all college coaches. A lot of the sunrise girls are also great students - that’s what college coaches want. Great players and great students will allow the college soccer coaches to get a few studs who may not have the best grades or are international players by offering athletic scholarships.

Some schools may not offer athletic scholarships at all to anyone for soccer. All the money comes from the academic side.

Learn what you are talking about before commenting here. You clearly have an agenda against sunrise but what you are saying is just stupid so you’ll have to come up with something else.
                Thanks for the tutorial and driving home my point.

I guess the problem I have is the duplicitous way that Sunrise markets their “greatness.” They point to their stellar W-L record and lengthy commitment list as proof and naive parents and players eat it up. What they don’t point out is that 90% of their wins come against scrub teams in weak leagues and when they do run up against better teams in the big tournaments they usually spilt those. The commitment list is impressive. Certainly, stronger than most clubs....mostly due to recruiting strong players that likely would have gotten offers no matter where they played. Couple those commitments with the high achieving students from the private HS down in SF that are good enough players to get a State school offer because the Florida coaches don’t have to put any real athletic money on the line. Good players that are low risk safe investments for coaches. I feel like Sunrise over states what they do for these players, and parents see the commitment list and think Sunrise is getting all these girls soccer scholarships...when really all they did was find a place for a great student (academic money) to play soccer.

I look at a program up in my neck of the woods and see USA GDA (former Clay) getting girls committed to Virgina (multiple), UNC, UCLA (multiple), VaTech, Auburn, USC, U of South Carolina, and more...Those players aren’t just getting academic money from in state schools. They’re getting athletic money and lots of it to attend big time programs. Maybe Clay should do a better job marketing that.

Look, I have no grudge against Sunrise at all and they should be commended for finding players a home and a place to play. I just think more exposure and a bigger platform, especiially nowadays, perhaps would have lead to bigger opportunities. Admittedly, I’m not completely dialed into the SF scene and it appears to be....confused to say the least. A lot like the younger age groups up here.

I didn’t start the thread and I’m done commenting on Sunrise. Good luck.

Comment

You are an idiot. You will find any loophole to make your arguement make sense to you.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
                  Mark Twain

Comment

For someone who says they are not dialed in to south Florida, you certainly have opinions about the south Florida market. Each league has great teams. Clay county or whatever there called in gda is a great team, top hat in gda is a great team. Sunrise in usys is a great team, I am not familiar with great teams in ecnl but I am sure there are several.
                    Not every team in gda, ecnl or usys are top notch. Don't talk absolutes, sunrise gets kids into schools all over the country, not just Florida. But good luck to your daughter.

Thanks for the tutorial and driving home my point.

I guess the problem I have is the duplicitous way that Sunrise markets their “greatness.” They point to their stellar W-L record and lengthy commitment list as proof and naive parents and players eat it up. What they don’t point out is that 90% of their wins come against scrub teams in weak leagues and when they do run up against better teams in the big tournaments they usually spilt those. The commitment list is impressive. Certainly, stronger than most clubs....mostly due to recruiting strong players that likely would have gotten offers no matter where they played. Couple those commitments with the high achieving students from the private HS down in SF that are good enough players to get a State school offer because the Florida coaches don’t have to put any real athletic money on the line. Good players that are low risk safe investments for coaches. I feel like Sunrise over states what they do for these players, and parents see the commitment list and think Sunrise is getting all these girls soccer scholarships...when really all they did was find a place for a great student (academic money) to play soccer.

I look at a program up in my neck of the woods and see USA GDA (former Clay) getting girls committed to Virgina (multiple), UNC, UCLA (multiple), VaTech, Auburn, USC, U of South Carolina, and more...Those players aren’t just getting academic money from in state schools. They’re getting athletic money and lots of it to attend big time programs. Maybe Clay should do a better job marketing that.

Look, I have no grudge against Sunrise at all and they should be commended for finding players a home and a place to play. I just think more exposure and a bigger platform, especiially nowadays, perhaps would have lead to bigger opportunities. Admittedly, I’m not completely dialed into the SF scene and it appears to be....confused to say the least. A lot like the younger age groups up here.

I didn’t start the thread and I’m done commenting on Sunrise. Good luck.

Comment

For someone who says they are not dialed in to south Florida, you certainly have opinions about the south Florida market. Each league has great teams. Clay county or whatever there called in gda is a great team, top hat in gda is a great team. Sunrise in usys is a great team, I am not familiar with great teams in ecnl but I am sure there are several.
                      Not every team in gda, ecnl or usys are top notch. Don't talk absolutes, sunrise gets kids into schools all over the country, not just Florida. But good luck to your daughter.
                      blah, blah, blah. Sunrise has top teams right now, they are the flavor of the times so give them credit. The world of youth soccer is ever revolving and I will bet you anything that Sunrise will fall as sure as the sun comes up tomorrow. Its an ever changing environment. Go to whatever club your kid enjoys, has good coaching, and good facilities and let her enjoy the experience. Sunrise will fall, then probably hire better coaches and then rise, then probably fall again when the better coaches get more $ somewhere else and leave, et. etc etc. Find a good coach and good club near where you live and don't look back.

Comment

Very true post. Also I like all the ODP allstars now that the best players are restricted from trying out/ participating there due to GDA rules. But I'm sorry if that is your reality not knocking your kids participation but just be real regarding the platform is not reality. Your kid is looking really good playing against 2nd and 3rd tier. Step up your game every week, not just 1 or 2 times at a 3rd tier showcase.

Comment

You are an idiot. You will find any loophole to make your arguement make sense to you.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
                          Mark Twain
                          Go back to whenever your argument makes sense! Weston is the place to be for Sunrise kids for next year!

Comment

Go back to whenever your argument makes sense! Weston is the place to be for Sunrise kids for next year!
                            Weston has failed on the girls side. They have never done well and will continue to do poorly. Sunrise is a better option for girls in S. FL.

Comment

Other than Tophat, there is absolutely NO difference in the level
                              of play in the SE conference of the GDA. WFF, Weston, USA IMG and SFFA are all worse clubs than National League. No argument that Texas and So Cal divisions are better, but the GDA is bad! Locally Weston and SFFA are rec programs. Weston begs for Sunrise players. Without Sunrise, Weston couldn’t field teams. ECNL and GDA are better leagues, but not here.
                              Agreed 100%

Comment

moron

So Weston goes out of business for third time Sunrise saves them and you say Weston is place to be. Your a moron. All their teams suck and they have formed an alliance with every subpar program out there. The players they will get will be subpar as well. Laughable actually.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X