X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ny gda

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Boys lying about conquests - what else is new? At least that type of lying is not illegal.

Anyway - there is no shortage of aggressive Long Island parents.
    well he had no reason for lying about it....i don't even remember how the subject came up. if 50% chance hes telling the truth....still funny.

Comment

Here is a perfect example of the craziness of the GDA. NYCFC have to travel to Confederate Town, Virginia, to play 1 game on Saturday, ugh. I dislike the ECNL but at least they play 2 games on these insane road trips. When they say it isn't for everyone, its true, sad but true.

Comment

True but basically ECNL and GDA are for the identical demographic. Most of these club sports are designed for an affluent demographic to try to excel in a small pond of other affluent athletes and use sports to get access to elite colleges. The kids get the benefits provided by sports and learning to be on a team, etc. but the system is designed to cut out a lot of the competition for being a "top athlete" from the get go. That is the game.

It is even more totally exposed by the recent college admissions scandal just in case any one was misunderstanding the game. Do not think anything much will change at all in spite of the scandal. All the people that benefit form this system have huge incentive for it to stay just as it is.

Comment

Here is a perfect example of the craziness of the GDA. NYCFC have to travel to Confederate Town, Virginia, to play 1 game on Saturday, ugh. I dislike the ECNL but at least they play 2 games on these insane road trips. When they say it isn't for everyone, its true, sad but true.
          Playing 2 games back-to-back is STRONGLY discouraged. If you cared more about the health of your child vs. your wallet, you'd understand that.

Comment

Playing 2 games back-to-back is STRONGLY discouraged. If you cared more about the health of your child vs. your wallet, you'd understand that.
            here we go. anyone that cant afford to travel to virgina to play one soccer game does not care about the health of their child.

Comment

here we go. anyone that cant afford to travel to virgina to play one soccer game does not care about the health of their child.
              Lol, yep.

Comment

Are you with the club, NYCFC?? Are you going to the game??

Comment

Kids in any league other then GDA are being raised by abusive monsters.

Comment

Well...what is it then? I mean, you clearly state that your preference would be to put them through back-to-back games. All studies indicate that you shouldn't do that.

You tell me. Just using your own words to gain an understanding.

Comment

Kids in any league other then GDA are being raised by abusive monsters.
                      Parents on the younger teams are also abusive monsters. Those poor younger players are expected to play a second game the following day. I hope the poor dears will be ok.

Comment

So if my kid is outside playing a game with his friends literally all day on Saturday that is bad for their health?

All those kids in Brazil and other countries, how do they survive playing soccer all day? No wonder they all suck.

Comment

Ny gda

Well...what is it then? I mean, you clearly state that your preference would be to put them through back-to-back games. All studies indicate that you shouldn't do that.

You tell me. Just using your own words to gain an understanding.
                          yes and the studies made have ultimately produced high level soccer teams compared to the rest of the world? the studies are sh_t!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets use usa gymnastics as an outside example of pushing kids beyond what we think there limits should be......oh but wait the corolies have consistantly produced top level gymnasts in the world....those kids dont have the "normal life" what the every person thinks it is. but they become olympic champions and millonares in the process. Simone biles would not change anything as she was growing up.

But american parents and their mentality of p_ssyfing there children will neer truely understand the value of hardwork....real hard work....doing what ever needs to be done to make it to the top. just really going through the motions of 3 day practices 1.5 hrs each day and calling it hard work....what a joke.

Comment

NYSC plays the same team on Sunday.

Comment

yes and the studies made have ultimately produced high level soccer teams compared to the rest of the world? the studies are sh_t!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets use usa gymnastics as an outside example of pushing kids beyond what we think there limits should be......oh but wait the corolies have consistantly produced top level gymnasts in the world....those kids dont have the "normal life" what the every person thinks it is. but they become olympic champions and millonares in the process. Simone biles would not change anything as she was growing up.

But american parents and their mentality of p_ssyfing there children will neer truely understand the value of hardwork....real hard work....doing what ever needs to be done to make it to the top. just really going through the motions of 3 day practices 1.5 hrs each day and calling it hard work....what a joke.
                              What is a joke in minimizing academics for sports. Take my kids straight a plus average across the board from physics to history to chemistry and beyond and shove that down your "hardworking" throat. No way that comes from 1.5 hours three days a week.

Now go have your "hardworking" kid do more back flips or whatever it is your little gymnast does all day so she can be an Olympic champion. sounds like a great plan.

Comment

So if my kid is outside playing a game with his friends literally all day on Saturday that is bad for their health?

All those kids in Brazil and other countries, how do they survive playing soccer all day? No wonder they all suck.
                                Right. Because whenever there are studies done by developed nations, it's always worthwhile to look at 3rd-world countries as a counter balance. Makes total sense.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X