Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCAA Soccer Spring Season.

Would someone mind clarifying this? It seems like the Ivies and PACWest conference opted out, but all other conferences are tentatively in?

Ivys are out

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Ivys are out
      It wouldnt be spring soccer. No such thing in the north east. By May, all those schools are done. Playing in March outside is tough, so is practicing in the morning in the cold and dark in Feb and March

Comment

It wouldnt be spring soccer. No such thing in the north east. By May, all those schools are done. Playing in March outside is tough, so is practicing in the morning in the cold and dark in Feb and March
        all spring sports do it in the northeast lax shares the same field at most schools

so tell me again why soccer cant?

Comment

Not if you have turf field and lights. Heck my son and I practice now on the turf in January.

Comment

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020..._soccer_season

Comment

Not if you have turf field and lights. Heck my son and I practice now on the turf in January.
              Who in their right mind would put in a turf field without lights?

Comment

all spring sports do it in the northeast lax shares the same field at most schools

so tell me again why soccer cant?
                please.......your kid is playing her first game in hs when my daughter is playing her last lax league game in college in the northeast. College season is over way earlier

Comment

please.......your kid is playing her first game in hs when my daughter is playing her last lax league game in college in the northeast. College season is over way earlier
                  no comprende?

lax first game is in the first week of Feb at the D1 college level
                  that means practice starts about 2 weeks from right now ( usually about 23 practice days before the first contest)
                  THEY practice outside- not many colleges have bubbles- the ones that do use them

Comment

Would someone mind clarifying this? It seems like the Ivies and PACWest conference opted out, but all other conferences are tentatively in?
                    Tentatively. All the others have their tentative schedules. California, especially Cal South are suffering the pandemic big time right now. Hence the Big West cancelled. If things keep getting worse, I don’t know how other CA colleges don’t have to back out. Basketball is more important due to March Madness big money. More schools may back out like the Ivies. Many of them had a fall season already anyway and will get to have a regular fall season this fall.

Comment

no comprende?

lax first game is in the first week of Feb at the D1 college level
                      that means practice starts about 2 weeks from right now ( usually about 23 practice days before the first contest)
                      THEY practice outside- not many colleges have bubbles- the ones that do use them
                      Exactly....so if you want a “spring” soccer season, that’s when it would start. In Hs, the kids are still playing basketball.

Soccer girls are to soft to play and practice outside in the northeast in the winter. Also, with the uptick in covid, the last thing states are going to do is let girls start practice indoors and travel across state lines. Playing outside when cases were lower would have been safer no? A lot of these kids are testing positive during the holidays. Schools are going to have to get things under control when they re open after the holidays.

Comment

Exactly....so if you want a “spring” soccer season, that’s when it would start. In Hs, the kids are still playing basketball.

Soccer girls are to soft to play and practice outside in the northeast in the winter. Also, with the uptick in covid, the last thing states are going to do is let girls start practice indoors and travel across state lines. Playing outside when cases were lower would have been safer no? A lot of these kids are testing positive during the holidays. Schools are going to have to get things under control when they re open after the holidays.
                        first of all my kids teams have always practiced outside- sometimes it really sucks but most days are ok-

2nd- not too many 2 sport athletes in college so Bball doesnt factor in- and no it doesnt have to start that early- soccer is a 3 month season so late feb,march, april, end in early may

Comment

first of all my kids teams have always practiced outside- sometimes it really sucks but most days are ok-

2nd- not too many 2 sport athletes in college so Bball doesnt factor in- and no it doesnt have to start that early- soccer is a 3 month season so late feb,march, april, end in early may
                          Not the poster you responded to - if numbers in the US had stayed decent I think spring sports could have happened. But the way numbers are right now it very well may not. As noted practices would need to start fairly soon and decisions to run or not need to happen soon. Soccer and other sports are not revenue sports and schools are way more worried about staying opening and trying to get more students back on campus. Basketball of course will happen at all the bigger programs - too much $ involved. But I can see lower level programs and D3s cancelling winter and spring.

Comment

Not the poster you responded to - if numbers in the US had stayed decent I think spring sports could have happened. But the way numbers are right now it very well may not. As noted practices would need to start fairly soon and decisions to run or not need to happen soon. Soccer and other sports are not revenue sports and schools are way more worried about staying opening and trying to get more students back on campus. Basketball of course will happen at all the bigger programs - too much $ involved. But I can see lower level programs and D3s cancelling winter and spring.
                            Nescac already cancelled winter sports. I bet they cancel spring too. You really think they are going to say girls soccer, a fall sport, can practice in February and play games. Not happening!

Comment

Soccer is a 3 month season? Your kid doesn’t play d1 obviously.

If so, tell me when she reported to campus for her season and when her last game was please

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X