Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Funny thing is that there about 6 kids from deportivo that can take DA spots.
    Just because you think it, it don't mean it's true.

If they wanted ya they would call you.

Trust the system they let you go. 🤔

Comment

Just because you think it, it don't mean it's true.

If they wanted ya they would call you.

Trust the system they let you go. 🤔
      They actually done more than call but don’t worry you just keep trusting the system.

Comment

They actually done more than call but don’t worry you just keep trusting the system.
        I'm with Francesco. Who are you with?

Comment

Didn’t the U11 Weston Pre-Academy just tie a U11 Deportivo that has five U10 players playing up at West Pines?

Comment

Didn’t the U11 Weston Pre-Academy just tie a U11 Deportivo that has five U10 players playing up at West Pines?
            Weston u-11 pre academy would loose to a good u-9 team. The club is a disgrace. The coach is a joke. What will Weston do about it, that’s what I want to know. The black level team beats the crap out of them 3 times now. The black team has 1 good player from why I saw when we played them

Comment

Really!!

Weston u-11 pre academy would loose to a good u-9 team. The club is a disgrace. The coach is a joke. What will Weston do about it, that’s what I want to know. The black level team beats the crap out of them 3 times now. The black team has 1 good player from why I saw when we played them
              You're judging a club on how well a bunch of 9 and 10 year olds are doing!!!! No wonder we don't progress on the world soccer stage.

Comment

You're judging a club on how well a bunch of 9 and 10 year olds are doing!!!! No wonder we don't progress on the world soccer stage.
                That's how mental he is

Comment

Replace all of you. 😂

Comment

Exactly no wonder have you seen the training sessions . Today class were going to learn how to stop a ball

Comment

Replace all of you. 😂
                      Weston will not replace a coach instead they will get rid of you and find others. Happens in the DA all the time.

Comment

If this is true, it is not good for the 3rd team to be beating the 2nd team, consistently. If the kid on black is fantastic, why is he not on the PA?

Comment

If this is true, it is not good for the 3rd team to be beating the 2nd team, consistently. If the kid on black is fantastic, why is he not on the PA?
                          Here is another example see for your self

http://events.gotsport.com/events/sc...er=Boys&Age=11

Comment

I would say Julio is the better coach. Unless they did a piss poor job of evaluating talent

Comment

I would say Julio is the better coach. Unless they did a piss poor job of evaluating talent
                              evaluating talent? For u11s in a broward suburb? chill.

Comment

No

That's not the way I read what he and others are saying. They are not judging the club by how well the 9 and 10 year olds play, per se. But rather, I read them as saying they are judging the club based on their continue acceptance of a coach or coaches who clearly lack the competency to be coaching a group of kids that the club would like to label as elite and talented. Each time, when that and similar Weston teams start the season with NEW players from outside the club, they start strong and do well. However, by the end of the year, after a year of training under some specific coaches within the overall system, those same teams no longer can keep pace with the teams they beat early on.

That cycle happens year after year and there are no signs suggesting it might change. Despite that, the club is able to attract talented players during tryouts ever year. (And replacing Weston trained players with better trained players is so important to Weston that they literally cancel most practices during those few weeks even though the Disney Memorial Day tournament is usually the week following the last week of tryouts.)

What Weston needs to do now is rethink whether they have the right coaches training the right kids. Clearly, the coach of the 08 Black Team has some ability to help young players move in the direction of reaching their potential. That same coach had the white 08 team last year. That white team at the start appeared to be skill challenged. That quickly changed. They began to beat the Black team consistently as well as having done well in games outside of the club, whether regular season games or tournament games. Regardless of whether the coach of that 08 Black Team is liked by parents or is a nice guy, the guy clearly knows how to coach. He should be coaching Weston's top '08 team -- not the school teacher who is a wannabe soccer guy.

But, the club management continues to see fit to retain a specific coach for what the club considers to be their most talented players in that age group. We all have heard this guy talk. And I am sure he has conveyed in a persuasive way supported by the terminology he learned in his licensing courses (certainly not by terms he learned as a player because a player or an athlete was he not) to his superiors that the kids are not listening...they don't have the needed skill... that he needs new players, blah blah blah.

In saying that, that specific coach would be right about one thing - the kids he has had since the beginning of the 2017 to 2018 season have gone backwards in terms of skill and athletic conditioning. But replacing them to with kids who have been properly coached by good coaches elsewhere significantly supports the assertion that - it is the coaching and not the kids. The fact that this continues to happen and that Weston has to look elsewhere to replace the players who Weston has trained is shameful. It is also a disgrace, and he and others should be ashamed of themselves, that they don't have the ability, or perhaps they really just don't care, to coach the players that Weston, as well as a countless number of other clubs and coaches, thought were talented during their respective tryouts.

Mirco, JC, Michia, etc.... all should embarrassed that the club allows, and apparently embraces, a few coaches who are especially bad at their job, which in part requires a good assessment of skill, talent, vision that players shows, etc. Those three coaches, and there are other good ones at Weston, do not deserve the tarnish on the club's reputation, and by extension, their reputation, because changes continued to not be made and the an unqualified person continues to be permitted to coach the kids who the club deems to be the club's best at that age and who the club deems (because they actually tell the parents and the kids this ... it is not speculation) to be a vital part of the club's future.

As pointed out by others, and it is hard to imagine, but this year's team under that coach's continued leadership, including apparent judgment of talent when it comes to selecting the "top" players, is definitely worse than last years team even when last year's team was losing at the end of the season. The coach made changes before the season - and the results thus far demonstrate whether the coach's judgment should be trusted by the club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X