Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Florida Football Academy

First 2 days of practice and the fields are closed by John Hurst (President). No Plan "B" & Parents paying for alternative practices.What am I missing here?

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
    first 2 days of practice and the fields are closed by john hurst (president). No plan "b" & parents paying for alternative practices.what am i missing here?
    you must be new have fun

Comment

Good luck with that. Numerous people said to stay away from Boca United it’s your own fault if you didn’t take the warning seriously. Will be many more $8 indoor practices for every drop of rain on the field with zero results or development

Comment

if u truly have a kid in the academy program then you were left off the notifications that the practices were moved to Boynton.... ? lol dumbazzzz

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Good luck with that. Numerous people said to stay away from Boca United it’s your own fault if you didn’t take the warning seriously. Will be many more $8 indoor practices for every drop of rain on the field with zero results or development
          numerous, hahaha

Comment

First 2 days of practice and the fields are closed by John Hurst (President). No Plan "B" & Parents paying for alternative practices.What am I missing here?
            I empathize with your frustration. Been there, done that for 3 years and 2 kids across multiple teams...DA, ECNL, GDA. Unfortunately, this is the SOP for Boca United. Either get used to it or drive yourself crazy getting mad. The fields will be closed A LOT. Not just one night here or there, but the majority of time. Last season, we were lucky to get in 1 night per week on a field with 3 full teams sharing it. The option was paying extra money to go to some warehouse/parking lot in Coconut Creek. We did that maybe twice before realizing it was another scam. In addition, if your player is not on a DA/GDA team, your field space is not a priority. Meaning that if the parks are closed and they schedule make-up nights, those fields are not for you. Sometimes they use Boynton. Other times, there is a secret field down 441 that only certain teams are permitted to use. Very hush hush.

As another poster indicated, the problems with BU are well-known. A quick google search will show you that. Not to throw salt on your wound, but your easiest solution is moving and quick, especially if your player is in high school. Things will not get better. Fall season ends in October. BU very seldom has their sh!t together this time of year and things are over before you know it. Minimum practices, maybe a few games, zero tournaments. Your player will not be ready for high school tryouts. And hoping that things will be better after the break are useless. It gets worse in the spring.

Recommendation? Call around to other clubs and look for openings. There is always room for one more. Then, cancel your credit card payment to BU and leave. Don't tell anyone anything. They are so unorganized that they will never realize you left.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Comment

I empathize with your frustration. Been there, done that for 3 years and 2 kids across multiple teams...DA, ECNL, GDA. Unfortunately, this is the SOP for Boca United. Either get used to it or drive yourself crazy getting mad. The fields will be closed A LOT. Not just one night here or there, but the majority of time. Last season, we were lucky to get in 1 night per week on a field with 3 full teams sharing it. The option was paying extra money to go to some warehouse/parking lot in Coconut Creek. We did that maybe twice before realizing it was another scam. In addition, if your player is not on a DA/GDA team, your field space is not a priority. Meaning that if the parks are closed and they schedule make-up nights, those fields are not for you. Sometimes they use Boynton. Other times, there is a secret field down 441 that only certain teams are permitted to use. Very hush hush.

As another poster indicated, the problems with BU are well-known. A quick google search will show you that. Not to throw salt on your wound, but your easiest solution is moving and quick, especially if your player is in high school. Things will not get better. Fall season ends in October. BU very seldom has their sh!t together this time of year and things are over before you know it. Minimum practices, maybe a few games, zero tournaments. Your player will not be ready for high school tryouts. And hoping that things will be better after the break are useless. It gets worse in the spring.

Recommendation? Call around to other clubs and look for openings. There is always room for one more. Then, cancel your credit card payment to BU and leave. Don't tell anyone anything. They are so unorganized that they will never realize you left.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!
              High school tryouts? Wow if you are worried about Hs tryouts why even bother?

Comment

my kid is an up and coming Defensive tackle who also plays tight end. I agree we need reps and practice. Gonna play hard all 4 quarters win or lose

Comment

Great input. Sorry your kid has a douche bag for a parent.

Comment

Saw that one coming. Couldn't wait to pounce could you? Makes sense to me. If a kid is wants to play for his school and have fun, why should he bother playing club soccer. Why should anyone who doesn't play DA bother playing soccer you say. I say if you can't make the national team you should not bother playing. 99%+ of DA players can't make the national team and are therefore "rec" players, and everyone knows rec players are worthless. It is a complete waste of time and an abuse of field space.

Comment

my kid is an up and coming Defensive tackle who also plays tight end. I agree we need reps and practice. Gonna play hard all 4 quarters win or lose
                      Don’t know what you’re talking about. Not many tight ends in Boca, mostly wide recievers there.

Comment

Saw that one coming. Couldn't wait to pounce could you? Makes sense to me. If a kid is wants to play for his school and have fun, why should he bother playing club soccer. Why should anyone who doesn't play DA bother playing soccer you say. I say if you can't make the national team you should not bother playing. 99%+ of DA players can't make the national team and are therefore "rec" players, and everyone knows rec players are worthless. It is a complete waste of time and an abuse of field space.
                        And why bother trying to make the USMNT since they do not compete in the World Cup? Complete waste of time. We should be telling kids to cancel their dreams and all ambitions of setting lofty goals.

Comment

Don’t know what you’re talking about. Not many tight ends in Boca, mostly wide recievers there.
                          Leave Eric out of this.

Comment

What age group? Boys or girls?

Comment

Yes new but thought this was governed by certain procedures unlike travel. We were guaranteed 4 practices a week and told by the coach at practice if the fields were closed that there will be make ups. If this is true and has been going on year after year why doesn't the USDA monitor it. I am sure they has had to be prior complaints?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X