•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Bulls suck, go NYCFC!!!

Comment

RB RDS is great.
      One thing I didn't like was some 7 years little boys playing with 10 years.

Comment

I know about mixing ages but most training sessions have at least a 2 year window. My daughter was doing RDS and she was 10 playing against 12 year old boys..... big difference.. it definitely was tough but she definitely is not intimidated by another 10 year old girl now...

Comment

I was very pleased with the RDS tryout yesterday. The trainers were VERY attentive and professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            I was very pleased with the RDS tryout yesterday. The trainers were VERY attentive and professional.
            good to hear. you meant that tryout for RDS regional, right?
            how many kids were there ?

Comment

good to hear. you meant that tryout for RDS regional, right?
              how many kids were there ?
              They had about 40 kids at that one location. RDS held tryouts at 3 locations with roughly 200 players for each group.

Comment

They had about 40 kids at that one location. RDS held tryouts at 3 locations with roughly 200 players for each group.
                thank you for the info~ its a lot..

Comment

most responders here totally missed question. OP asking not about RDS but RDS Regional Teams. My son is on one now and they have been great. Low 10:1 ratio, great instructors, highly professional organization, communication etc. Also, many free or low cost added sessions, tournaments, camps etc. It can be a bit more driving but if you can manage it - totally worth it. Yes - only 2-3 per team likely to end up at academy, but thats not so different than regular DAs. For my rising 7th grader at a DA, probably only 2-3 of the original team of 25 3rd graders will be on DA next year.

Comment

most responders here totally missed question. OP asking not about RDS but RDS Regional Teams. My son is on one now and they have been great. Low 10:1 ratio, great instructors, highly professional organization, communication etc. Also, many free or low cost added sessions, tournaments, camps etc. It can be a bit more driving but if you can manage it - totally worth it. Yes - only 2-3 per team likely to end up at academy, but thats not so different than regular DAs. For my rising 7th grader at a DA, probably only 2-3 of the original team of 25 3rd graders will be on DA next year.
                    I heard RDS team is good , but cost is $2900 + uniform $400-500 + games + optional practice is at NJ + low cost added sessions + camp. I thing its very high for 9 & 10 years boys

Comment

I heard RDS team is good , but cost is $2900 + uniform $400-500 + games + optional practice is at NJ + low cost added sessions + camp. I thing its very high for 9 & 10 years boys
                      I agree especially if they already play on another team too. My son plays on SUSA and we will keep him there. They are around the same cost. SO its 6k a yr for soccer. I want my kid pushed. I feel he has talent and does very well on his team. But 6k is a big nut.

Comment

what's the difference between the regional and the standard RDS? The competition seemed the same. Is the regional more of a commitment?

Comment

Standard "RDS" consists of supplemental training clinics and camps, which are tryout based.

RDS Regional Teams are actual teams playing in pre-Academy age groups (this year was 08s and 07s), From these teams (there were 3 teams playing EDP) they will probably select 2-3 kids from each to move on to Red Bulls Academy. So figure next year the Red Bulls U12 team may consist of some kids (7-10 kids?) from the 3 RDS teams and the rest they've gone out and found outside from other clubs.

Comment

Standard "RDS" consists of supplemental training clinics and camps, which are tryout based.

RDS Regional Teams are actual teams playing in pre-Academy age groups (this year was 08s and 07s), From these teams (there were 3 teams playing EDP) they will probably select 2-3 kids from each to move on to Red Bulls Academy. So figure next year the Red Bulls U12 team may consist of some kids (7-10 kids?) from the 3 RDS teams and the rest they've gone out and found outside from other clubs.
                            Can my son still play NYCSL if picked?

Comment

Can my son still play NYCSL if picked?
                              yes, you can play dual carding. but 1st tryout was last week.

Comment

I agree especially if they already play on another team too. My son plays on SUSA and we will keep him there. They are around the same cost. SO its 6k a yr for soccer. I want my kid pushed. I feel he has talent and does very well on his team. But 6k is a big nut.
                                Your son should be playing on Barca Academy NY if you want him to be pushed and trained correctly. Forca Barca!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X