X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    First 10 posts, seven by OCDMan.
    Not quite. My posts, excluding this one, were #3, #4, #7, and #8.

The instant fix is for btdt simply to sign in. If he signed in all the time no one would be pointing out his posts (which, btw, has not just been me). Certainly I can start formally signing in, but that won't so anything unless btdt is signing in.

Comment

The instant fix is for btdt simply to sign in. If he signed in all the time no one would be pointing out his posts (which, btw, has not just been me). Certainly I can start formally signing in, but that won't so anything unless btdt is signing in.
      You keep saying how you're trying to make the board a safer place and get btdt to stop posting anonymously yet you won't even hold yourself to that same standard. Put your mine where your mouth is and post signed in all of the time. If you don't then it would pretty much confirm that you are the biggest hypocrite around and have no one's interests but your own in mind with your "Crusade."

Comment

Originally posted by Soccerdad33 View Post
        You keep saying how you're trying to make the board a safer place and get btdt to stop posting anonymously yet you won't even hold yourself to that same standard. Put your mine where your mouth is and post signed in all of the time. If you don't then it would pretty much confirm that you are the biggest hypocrite around and have no one's interests but your own in mind with your "Crusade."
        OK, Soccerdad33....done. Found my old name finally.

Cyberman

Comment

Posting under a pseudonym is meaningless in this forum as long as you can post anonymously too. OCDMan has ruined this forum. Time to move on.

Comment

Posting under a pseudonym is meaningless in this forum as long as you can post anonymously too. OCDMan has ruined this forum. Time to move on.
            And even more so if you have a bucket full of screen names to choose from...

Comment

I love how someone who questions the NEFC propaganda machine ruined this forum. Maybe you should start your own club specific forum

Comment

Cyber-bully

If you don't get your way you wont stop. ***!

- Pathfinder

Comment

Cyber-bully

If you don't get your way you wont stop. ***!

- Pathfinder
                  Not following you.

If someone is determined every single day for years to attack particular clubs, and create red herring issues that seem to apply to all clubs and all participants for the sole purpose of eventually funneling all of that into his attacks, then it is my view that this should be understood by the readership. People should understand the degree of the insult that most club soccer participants don't understand what they are doing and are participating in an activity beyond what the costs and the abilities of their kids warrant. And that 95% of the blame for families committing the sin of spending their own money in pursuit of whatever the individual reasons or goals are in each case should be laid at the feet of a couple of specific local clubs. I discuss a range of topics, often having nothing to do with btdt. I don't have a particular agenda other than not letting someone bully everyone else into submission with gross agenda-driven distortions.

But feel free to test me out. Pick a topic, give your take, and see if my response seems credible and thoughtful.

Comment

Originally posted by perspective View Post
                    Not following you.

If someone is determined every single day for years to attack particular clubs, and create red herring issues that seem to apply to all clubs and all participants for the sole purpose of eventually funneling all of that into his attacks, then it is my view that this should be understood by the readership. People should understand the degree of the insult that most club soccer participants don't understand what they are doing and are participating in an activity beyond what the costs and the abilities of their kids warrant. And that 95% of the blame for families committing the sin of spending their own money in pursuit of whatever the individual reasons or goals are in each case should be laid at the feet of a couple of specific local clubs. I discuss a range of topics, often having nothing to do with btdt. I don't have a particular agenda other than not letting someone bully everyone else into submission with gross agenda-driven distortions.

But feel free to test me out. Pick a topic, give your take, and see if my response seems credible and thoughtful.
                    Thanks. Very well put.

Comment

I love how someone who questions the NEFC propaganda machine ruined this forum. Maybe you should start your own club specific forum
                      You should feel free to add you two cents about the club you belong to. That is what a forum is supposed to be for. Half the point of what has been going on the last year or so has been a push back against posters who monopolize the dialogue. What you may not know if you haven't been around all that long is TS was actually monopolized for a long time by a group of Stars and Scorpions parents with children who graduated high school between 2010 and this past year. Their viewpoints very strongly endorsed destination teams and the ECNL. As those parents slowly started move away from the site the NEFC parents stepped in to argue the merits of their club. Their viewpoints obviously take an opposite view of those of the Stars and Scorpions parents which is why there has been such acrimony. With all of the changes lately the debate does need to get back to an even keel so everyone can form their own opinions.

Comment

And even more so if you have a bucket full of screen names to choose from...
                        This is something that always struck me as odd. Why does everyone post anonymously now? It is not like a poster can't hide their identity even with screen name. All you do is change to a new one when you get tired of one. That sort of thing has been going on for years on forums and used to be quite common on the old Touchline the was the precursor of TS. In fact many of the anonymous posters here today got heir start on that forum and used many different profiles simultaneously there so it is hardly an unheard of practice.

Comment

Not following you.

Yet the same couple of people are here day in and day out countering those arguments and championing those specific clubs. None of this is happening in a vacuum. There is actually a lot more balance in the discussion. It used to be completely one sided.

Comment

the NEFC parents stepped in to argue the merits of their club. Their viewpoints obviously take an opposite view of those of the Stars and Scorpions parents which is why there has been such acrimony. With all of the changes lately the debate does need to get back to an even keel so everyone can form their own opinions.
                            btdt, what are the different viewpoints? Seems to me this is more about loyalties, old injuries, etc than profound philosophical differences. But I certainly will endorse your call "to get back to an even keel."

BTW, is SoccerTaxi done?

Comment

This is something that always struck me as odd. Why does everyone post anonymously now? It is not like a poster can't hide their identity even with screen name. All you do is change to a new one when you get tired of one. That sort of thing has been going on for years on forums and used to be quite common on the old Touchline the was the precursor of TS. In fact many of the anonymous posters here today got heir start on that forum and used many different profiles simultaneously there so it is hardly an unheard of practice.
                              Nice justification of your own behavior.

Comment

Yet the same couple of people are here day in and day out countering those arguments and championing those specific clubs. None of this is happening in a vacuum. There is actually a lot more balance in the discussion. It used to be completely one sided.
                                False. There is very little "championing" of Stars and Scorps. Nothing close to what you suggest, and you suggest for te sole purpose of providing justification for what you do. You would have gotten so much further if you simply had learned how to give credit where appropriate, acknowledge that even if you believe they deserve no credit at all, that for whatever reason, those clubs have had a good run of placing college players, etc. The reverse of what you say is actually true. Your rivals (and I am not one of them) have shown remarkable restraint and have gone out of their way to endorse NEFC as a very viable to excellent option for elite players. I just said it again there, but even there you have yet to acknowledge that many folks here have indeed given NEFC its due. You just keep going like none of that has happened.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X