AS Roma ID Program - U11/U12 Boys

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any idea how many boys invited back? Not crying over spilt milk ,, just curious. My son not invited but still a fun weekend for him. Good luck

Comment

Isn't it kind of strange that this is the only thread that has tags at the bottom when the thread was started by a "parent" looking for information about this? No other thread has tags. I sniff SB all over this, Mr Quibids.

Comment

Also just so happens to be Golazo's first post..

Comment

I think I heard 10 each age group....that could be the final cut though. I could be wrong but I wouldn't imagine them selecting kids based on anything but talent unless they want to showcase inferior talent out at Disney.....it obviously wasn't all the top players in each age but there were some good talented kids there. Out will be a good experience for the kids that make it all the way and a good experience for kids who just went for day.

Comment

My kid made it so I'll give a short report after next Saturday. The wierd thing to me is that they're having another "tryout" in Ponte Vedra on the 15th and it's open to the public. I wish they'd be a bit more forthcoming with information in regards to how this all going to work.

Comment

I agree...its a mystery. Assume your son makes the cut next weekend and qualifies for the team that participates at the Disney event...what then? What and who are they playing at Disney...other US Roma Academy teams from other stats like Mass? Maybe they are still trying to figure all that out. In the end, at least the boys are out there playing soccer for free, minus any travel costs to the fields.

Comment

Don't most people know this is nothing more than FCA's way of getting some players over to their club? Roma, thats a joke, it will be FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  Don't most people know this is nothing more than FCA's way of getting some players over to their club? Roma, thats a joke, it will be FPS.
                  Seriously now Folks, FCA/FPS Orlando is hurting for talent at these ages. Their U13 team is pretty much a joke and their U12 team with the great Mr. SB - aka "cheater" - can not compete with the other U12 teams in the area - OCYS, ACYS and RUSH. If Roma was really here trying to ID talent, why limit it to 11 and 12 year olds? Would they not include 13 and 14 year olds as well? This is nothing more then FCA/FPS trying to get talent to their club in this age group. In fact, I am very surprised that no one has thrown allegations of poaching out there..... They are walking a fine line and should be put on notice. Shame on those of you who fell for it.

Comment

Interesting that there was not one negative comment about the program until today when the acceptances were sent out.

For those parents whose child also made it - see you next week :)

Comment

Interesting that there was not one negative comment about the program until today when the acceptances were sent out.

Same thing with ODP. All parents are happy until the "cut" date! Then blah blah blah for the next 6 months.

Comment

Seriously now Folks, FCA/FPS Orlando is hurting for talent at these ages. Their U13 team is pretty much a joke and their U12 team with the great Mr. SB - aka "cheater" - can not compete with the other U12 teams in the area - OCYS, ACYS and RUSH. If Roma was really here trying to ID talent, why limit it to 11 and 12 year olds? Would they not include 13 and 14 year olds as well? This is nothing more then FCA/FPS trying to get talent to their club in this age group. In fact, I am very surprised that no one has thrown allegations of poaching out there..... They are walking a fine line and should be put on notice. Shame on those of you who fell for it.
                        the 13 and 14 year olds worth consideration have already been invited to national camps so no need to waste time with that age group. List already compiled. Thanks for asking

Comment

What club??

I am interested to know what clubs the kids that got asked back are from???? From what I am hearing, do most of these kids play for FCA? What I know for fact, all of the top talent in the Orlando area is still playing in the CDL league and could not make these tryouts....so where did the talent pool come from???????

Comment

Wow??

I am interested to know what clubs the kids that got asked back are from???? From what I am hearing, do most of these kids play for FCA? What I know for fact, all of the top talent in the Orlando area is still playing in the CDL league and could not make these tryouts....so where did the talent pool come from???????

Very good question? What clubs did the talent pool come from????

Comment

Many of the kids were from Tampa /Lakeland

Comment

Many of the kids were from Tampa /Lakeland
                                You are wrong. There were only 2 kids out of 80 from lkld.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X