Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My personal preference is to wait until 8th grade. Lots of kids flatline before that. See how committed your kid is to soccer (does he go and practice on his own without being told?). It also gets them closer to making the HS choice. There's always turnover so if he's good he can get in then.
    thank you for advise. my son is getting better and gets some invitations. but he is not interested in playing for any academy (competitive game) yet. so just wanted to know if I should push him or wait till he gets older.

Comment

If the team likes to play kick and run....run away...team will go nowhere and your child will not develop especially in higher divisions (regardless of field size).....dominant style of play is more ball movement and less running. (If you like to run cross country and track should be your thing) Brains will always beat braun.
      ------------
      Brains may beat brawn, but brains without hustle ain't too good. What I noticed throughout my son's little career (U16 now), is that there were a lot of kids who had good skills but didn't hustle or chase down balls. They fell by the wayside even though they could trap/pass the ball and even had the right id. The problem is they wouldn't get playing time because they were such a liability to the team - i.e. they would never track back or try and get the ball back if they lost it.

So if your kid is on the small side, you need to make sure he gets it into his mind that he still needs to hustle and fight for the ball (or at least be a pest to the opposition).

Comment

What does the Boys U14 DA team and Boys U 17 DA miss this year I have a U14 and U 17 player moving into that area ?

Comment

Barca Pro vs. SUSA FC: Where will the first game be played?

------------
          Brains may beat brawn, but brains without hustle ain't too good. What I noticed throughout my son's little career (U16 now), is that there were a lot of kids who had good skills but didn't hustle or chase down balls. They fell by the wayside even though they could trap/pass the ball and even had the right id. The problem is they wouldn't get playing time because they were such a liability to the team - i.e. they would never track back or try and get the ball back if they lost it.

So if your kid is on the small side, you need to make sure he gets it into his mind that he still needs to hustle and fight for the ball (or at least be a pest to the opposition).

"brains without hustle ain't too good"..... true statement for bigger picture of life :)

Comment

What does the Boys U14 DA team and Boys U 17 DA miss this year I have a U14 and U 17 player moving into that area ?
            U14 desperately needs a top level GK and maybe another striker, while U17 is really in need of left foots... wait, did you seriously ask an unmoderated sinkhole website that question?

Comment

U14 desperately needs a top level GK and maybe another striker, while U17 is really in need of left foots... wait, did you seriously ask an unmoderated sinkhole website that question?
              Hope you guys are ready. FC Fury is back and coming for you!

Comment

The whole Fury/Albertson organization is sneaky, shady and smoke screen filled. The crazy thing is most parents really don’t even like it there. It’s almost like they are stuck and accept it.

Comment

Coming to pick up our bags. And please don’t be late.

Comment

The whole Fury/Albertson organization is sneaky, shady and smoke screen filled. The crazy thing is most parents really don’t even like it there. It’s almost like they are stuck and accept it.
                    Please. That sounds like every soccer parent at every club on every team on LI!

Comment

So what's really going on at this club?

Comment

First homegrown from five boroughs. Former Met Oval player

https://www.soccerwire.com/news/new-...egrown-player/

Comment

First homegrown from five boroughs. Former Met Oval player

https://www.soccerwire.com/news/new-...egrown-player/
                          That's great.. So does this mean he doesn't go to college ? What is a homegrown contract salary ? Alot to think about for this young man.

Comment

That's great.. So does this mean he doesn't go to college ? What is a homegrown contract salary ? Alot to think about for this young man.
                            He can’t get a college scholarship but can go to college. Average homegrown salary is $100,000

Comment

Nycfc

He can’t get a college scholarship but can go to college. Average homegrown salary is $100,000
                              Definitely not a bad salary for a kid. He can almost buy a home on LI and raise a family if his future wife gets a decent job as well...god bless him and best of luck.

Comment

Definitely not a bad salary for a kid. He can almost buy a home on LI and raise a family if his future wife gets a decent job as well...god bless him and best of luck.
                                Almost buy a house ? Where is the down payment coming from ?? 100k is great for a young guy but he needs to save first.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X