Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soccer cleats - how long should they last?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ha ha funny. GDA 5 times per week (4:1 practice to game ratio, if your club even practices that often). ECNL 5 times per week (3:2). High school soccer 5-6 times per week (3 or 4:2).
    No, the extra weight of the heavier girls deal out alot of punishment.

Comment

No, the extra weight of the heavier girls deal out alot of punishment.
      Big, Tall....Fast. All the others will never last.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        ha ha funny. GDA 5 times per week (4:1 practice to game ratio, if your club even practices that often). ECNL 5 times per week (3:2). High school soccer 5-6 times per week (3 or 4:2).
        This is true, but the other poster was funny. The high school schedule is ridiculous.

Comment

This is true, but the other poster was funny. The high school schedule is ridiculous.
          Ha
          Wait until they get to college.

Comment

Ha
            Wait until they get to college.
            2-3 pairs, minimum

Comment

Which Nike cleats are best for forwards?
              It’s about fit and feel. There is no best, just find a preference though experimentation.

Comment

Buy leather, or blow out a pair of synthetics every season.

Comment

you guys scare me. Running shoes need to be replaced every 3 months. Cleats should never outlast a season or they're just not practicing enough. Doesn't matter if $200, or $20

Comment

Another factor not mentioned, unless I missed it, is that shoes that are meant to be used on firm ground only (FG) are being used on artificial turf. Almost all kids do this. Artificial turf ruins soccer shoes faster than anything. Also, I'm not sure if Nike's warranty, that was previously mentioned, will cover FG shoes if they've been used on artificial turf.

Shoes specifically made for use on artificial turf are available and Nike also makes an MG shoe now that is good for multiple surfaces. Adidas also makes a multi-surface shoe.

My kid that is still playing wears Nike Premiers. She has 2 pairs that she rotatates because they are kangaroo leather so she lets one pair totally dry before using it again. If leather shoes are worn they should never be force dried in the sun, on a heater, etc. It will cause the leather to crack. Mink oil also needs to be applied diligently.

Comment

Buy leather, or blow out a pair of synthetics every season.
                      leather is better, and breathes so much better too

inserts also a must. cleats are terrible for your feet which then impacts other body parts.

Comment

$200 Nike Cleats? That’s cheap, my daughters were $300, maybe that’s why she is better??

Comment

you guys scare me. Running shoes need to be replaced every 3 months. Cleats should never outlast a season or they're just not practicing enough. Doesn't matter if $200, or $20
                          My kid gets free cleats from a sponsor. He needs new ones every 2-3 months. They are top of the range but do not last.

Comment

leather is better, and breathes so much better too

inserts also a must. cleats are terrible for your feet which then impacts other body parts.
                            Also agree that inserts are a must. D and other teammates have had stress fractures in the foot / toes. Inserts seem to have fixed the problem.

Comment

$200 Nike Cleats? That’s cheap, my daughters were $300, maybe that’s why she is better??
                              Your daughter is a poseur. It's a shame that you spent your entire paycheck, for 2 weeks, on her shoes. Methinks you're a dolt.

Comment

My college age son had moved between Adidas and Nike for most of his cleats. Last year, in his 2nd week of school, his 2 month old Nikes literally exploded on him. The toe box literally tore open. The athletic trainer taped it up for him so he could finish practice, and he called us. Contact Nike CS, sent them a photo of the cleat and the tag on the tongue of the cleat. Sent us a shipping label, and 3 days later I had a merchandise credit for the full retail of the cleats (which we had bought on sale at We Got Soccer). Very pleased with their response.

He's still wearing the replacements, but they're nearing the end of their life. He's got a backup pair he wears for reffing, but will probably get a new pair before he heads back so he can start breaking them in.

He typically gets close to a calendar year (regular season, indoor winter, spring soccer at school, and NEP U23 summer league)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X