Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Same at OW and CFC Wolves (kids at both places), the superstars get plenty of extra opportunities at the paying customers expense. The funny things is that despite all of the extras they get, they are only nominally better and by the time they are 14 or so many are just not as good. It's a shame that these clubs don't put the same effort into all kids and let them get to where they get on their own. I really think that many of the kids they ignore could figure it out much faster if coaches helped them to find their game and confidence as much as they help the top 4 or 5.
    yes at FSA the belief is 'find the fast and big kids' and ride these non technical ponies until their 15. then watch teams fizzle

Comment

Same at OW and CFC Wolves (kids at both places), the superstars get plenty of extra opportunities at the paying customers expense. The funny things is that despite all of the extras they get, they are only nominally better and by the time they are 14 or so many are just not as good. It's a shame that these clubs don't put the same effort into all kids and let them get to where they get on their own. I really think that many of the kids they ignore could figure it out much faster if coaches helped them to find their game and confidence as much as they help the top 4 or 5.
      I think this is a huge issue at most/all clubs - the top end kids get the lion's share of attention, the middle gets attention here and there, and the bottom half languishes with little to no attention. At my club they actually have split the kids into training groups and the head coach handles the top end and the asst coach handles the rest.

Comment

Yes! My kid is also at one of these places. In the middle and gets very little input on how or what she should improve on! A few get double rostered all the time. They are not that much better than the majority. Taller and/or hitting puberty earlier.

Comment

Yes! My kid is also at one of these places. In the middle and gets very little input on how or what she should improve on! A few get double rostered all the time. They are not that much better than the majority. Taller and/or hitting puberty earlier.
          You just nailed FSA's entire model. Pretty awesome isn't it? We have a kid in our town that went to FSA early. Big, fast, etc... now can barely keep up technically with our town kids. Well done FSA

Comment

hard to be technical when your kid has one leg

Comment

Problem is we are not at FSA but another central CT club. All same sh$&. Kid loved the game prior to this year. Loves when playing on other tournament teams etc... Past year has hurt confidence. More confidence would make a huge impact on play. Not sure what to do next year.

Comment

Problem is we are not at FSA but another central CT club. All same sh$&. Kid loved the game prior to this year. Loves when playing on other tournament teams etc... Past year has hurt confidence. More confidence would make a huge impact on play. Not sure what to do next year.
                save yourself and all of us from your whining and play tennis

Comment

save yourself and all of us from your whining and play tennis
                  Go F yourself, you no good piece of crap.

Comment

Play local while you are young but get into CFC at U14 or you might never make it

Comment

Play local while you are young but get into CFC at U14 or you might never make it
                      Too late by then bro

Comment

stupid advice

Comment

Go F yourself, you no good piece of crap.
                          how about pocket pool. I heard your are very good at that

Comment

OP here. $3000 is a lot more than we paid last year! Think it was about $2000. Yikes!

Comment

OP here. $3000 is a lot more than we paid last year! Think it was about $2000. Yikes!
                              it must be true if you read it on talking soccer, idiot

Comment

it must be true if you read it on talking soccer, idiot
                                I love when those rascally Di T boys respond to FSA posts. We were at FSA. One year. All in with tourneys, gear, travel, hotels, fees, etc over 5k. When we left there was 68 girls at our age group. Do the math and see what is actually delivered. We are happy elsewhere now

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X