Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Service Announcement - Don’t Feel Forced to Sign/Commit

Just an FYI for anyone who has been told they have to register within a time frame:

No one can be registered until June........don’t give anyone any money unless you are 100% sure you want to join that team/club and you are guaranteed to be with the coach/team you believe is right for your kid. This 48hrs/sign by tomorrow BS is just clubs trying to secure your checkbook!

100% correct. Contracts are still in effect. Don't devalue yourself. If they want you, they will want you now or in weeks. If they are willing to replace you with lesser players, then how good will the team be anyways.

Comment

Don’t register until WESTON tells you the team where your kid is. If you disagree tell them **** YOU and shop around

Comment

This early period has ruined a month of soccer. Team.seasons are really 9 months now, not 10 anymore. Clubs stopped playing the first week of May.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          100% correct. Contracts are still in effect. Don't devalue yourself. If they want you, they will want you now or in weeks. If they are willing to replace you with lesser players, then how good will the team be anyways.
          What if you secure your spot pay there stupid deposit , then says no thanks going somewhere else.

Comment

What if you secure your spot pay there stupid deposit , then says no thanks going somewhere else.
            Check the small print. I guess you’re not officially a player for that club until they register you so you can demand the money back but again, I’d check your agreement first. These clubs are getting really good at taking your money.

Comment

You cant be registered with a club through fysa until the first week of June. All these deposits before then are just you agreeing to give money. I would guess you lose that money if you decide to leave before they register you with fysa. Right now, you are technically still a player for you current club.

Comment

You cant be registered with a club through fysa until the first week of June. All these deposits before then are just you agreeing to give money. I would guess you lose that money if you decide to leave before they register you with fysa. Right now, you are technically still a player for you current club.
                Not in fysa in da u-12 08 but no da next year so have to play Florida academy league but want out of weston now

Comment

I think its absolutely ridiculous of clubs to force people to sign early.

The truth is, if your kid is half way decent, they'll take them whenever they show up.

Comment

I think its absolutely ridiculous of clubs to force people to sign early.

The truth is, if your kid is half way decent, they'll take them whenever they show up.
                    But you are missing the point. The club cant really firce anything. It's the parents who panic and agree to pay. You keep paying, they'll keep doing it.

Comment

But you are missing the point. The club cant really firce anything. It's the parents who panic and agree to pay. You keep paying, they'll keep doing it.
                      I believe in Florida that they have to refund the money within 30 days.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X