Seattle United ECNL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seattle United ECNL seems at best RCL div 1. Sad thing the girls director of coaching on vacation?????? Seems odd to me that it was OK. Girls and Family make the commitment but the staff it doesn’t matter. I guess the results of the crossfire challenge reflect the commitment by the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Seattle United ECNL seems at best RCL div 1. Sad thing the girls director of coaching on vacation?????? Seems odd to me that it was OK. Girls and Family make the commitment but the staff it doesn’t matter. I guess the results of the crossfire challenge reflect the commitment by the club.
      People can take vacations...it's not a major tournament. That said, Xfire ENCL 03s picked up a goalkeeper and midfielder that Seattle United cut at tryouts because...why? Parents on the sidelines for both teams think the coaches were CRAZY. Those players helped Xfire win the weekend. SU seems to be a very political environment. If the girls director of coaching likes you personally, you stay, regardless of performance. SU ECNL 03 still has a lot of great players, and that former D1 coach that everyone thinks is a big deal, so maybe they can turn things around.

Comment

Their ecnl teams made the semis in three of four age groups, losing 2-1, 2-1 and 2-0. Clearly not the worst performance at the tournament of the local ecnl clubs.

Comment

Seattle United ECNL

People can take vacations...it's not a major tournament. That said, Xfire ENCL 03s picked up a goalkeeper and midfielder that Seattle United cut at tryouts because...why? Parents on the sidelines for both teams think the coaches were CRAZY. Those players helped Xfire win the weekend. SU seems to be a very political environment. If the girls director of coaching likes you personally, you stay, regardless of performance. SU ECNL 03 still has a lot of great players, and that former D1 coach that everyone thinks is a big deal, so maybe they can turn things around.
          With regards to the players, the GK notified SU she would not be returning due to her personal choice and financial constraints. She was asked her intention on returning to ECNL and notified the coach she would not be able to do ECNL due to travel costs. She was then offered RCL, however, she decided to move on to XFIRE who took care of travel costs.

Comment

none

SU ECNL 03 coach hired as Saint Mary's College HC.

https://smcgaels.com/news/2020/1/17/...r-program.aspx

Comment

With regards to the players, the GK notified SU she would not be returning due to her personal choice and financial constraints. She was asked her intention on returning to ECNL and notified the coach she would not be able to do ECNL due to travel costs. She was then offered RCL, however, she decided to move on to XFIRE who took care of travel costs.
              I think Xfire is the only club that offers no cost for the highest levels. What a great idea, I hope it catches on like wildfire.

Comment

SU ECNL saying goodbye to Theresa Romanolo after only a few months as she moves to head coaching position at St. Mary's in CA

Comment

It will be interesting to see if her husband leaves Seattle University. She struggled as a club coach because she had to deal with the parents and politics. Before the peanut gallery responds, my daughter was trained with her at SU.

Comment

If you've been a college coach at that level, hard to imagine being happy coaching club . And the skills needed are different. It's for the best for her and maybe for her ECNL team, depending on who they put in there.

Comment

SU ECNL saying goodbye to Theresa Romanolo after only a few months as she moves to head coaching position at St. Mary's in CA
                      Just before the start of the ECNL season? Wasn't this the coach who cut half of the 03 and sent them to other ECNL clubs? And now, she is leaving? Was she in the running for UW head coach and didn't get it and now she is leaving for St. Mary's? Too much coincidence here. Also heard they lost RB DOC for boys.

Comment

Just before the start of the ECNL season? Wasn't this the coach who cut half of the 03 and sent them to other ECNL clubs? And now, she is leaving? Was she in the running for UW head coach and didn't get it and now she is leaving for St. Mary's? Too much coincidence here. Also heard they lost RB DOC for boys.
                        Yes, this is the coach who took over ECNL 03 where a lot of girls were cut though it's unclear how much was her decision and how much came from ECNL Dir RR. Some people believe the team was picked before tryout,. I never expected her to stay through the ECNL season with her background.

Comment

Considering her resume, wouldn't most parents and players assume this was probably going to happen? Are families really surprised by this? Hope the players got a taste of what it's like to train under a D1 coach and learned a thing or two. Unfortunately, they also get a taste of what it's like when a college coach leaves a program. If anything those players have a solid reference and connection if they choose to play in college. Best of luck to her and the team she leaves behind.

Comment

Considering her resume, wouldn't most parents and players assume this was probably going to happen? Are families really surprised by this? Hope the players got a taste of what it's like to train under a D1 coach and learned a thing or two. Unfortunately, they also get a taste of what it's like when a college coach leaves a program. If anything those players have a solid reference and connection if they choose to play in college. Best of luck to her and the team she leaves behind.
                            I don't know how well players got to know her. She started in June, break in August for fall high school soccer, and then a month or two of training before she let them know yesterday that she was leaving via Teamsnap message. I think from what I heard she's already gone?

I mean, no surprise that she wants to go back to college soccer. But I think the benefit for the SU players is minimal, even if the experience was positive for them. And who is coaching that team now? Did SU know this was coming? Parents are paying for an "elite" experience; probably not what they were hoping for.

Comment

I think that if you look at this, it is always a possibility that a former college coach may always resume a college coaching career. I would commend the club for bringing in someone with her resume and her track record, even if just for a small window, as I am sure the players are pleased with their time with her and the connection they now have going into the college process.
                              She notified the team via the clubs teamsnap policy of communication while the kids were in school previous to St. Marys releasing their story. The team heard from both the coach and the director prior to the public announcement and she has since spoken to the players face to face as she is coaching them this weekend.
                              The team is supportive of her and her career move of returning to the college game and also appreciates their time that she gave to them while she was here. It is an exciting team.

Comment

That all makes sense... but who is the new coach?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X