• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    WST = Westside Timbers
    WST TS = Westside Timbers Tualatin/Sherwood
    Copa = First Team
    Samba = Second Team
    Mundial = Third Team

You'll have to look at last Fall'12 Premier and First DIV OPL results. Top 6 Premier stay and top 2 First DIV teams promote up.
    Westside Timbers has been going by WT for short this year, but with the new Washington Timbers that is confusing. Not sure if they are officially going to be WST now but you will probably still see WT for Westside.

Comment

Westside Timbers has been going by WT for short this year, but with the new Washington Timbers that is confusing. Not sure if they are officially going to be WST now but you will probably still see WT for Westside.
      Everyone should use *** as the short form for Washington Timbers. After all, they are officially ***C :)

Comment

FYI - Westide Timbers Copa G00 TS will in Premier coming Fall'13 season
        I did not see this team in the State Cup but did see Samba TS made it to the semi's. Why not in the State Cup?

(Congrats to Copa TS moving to Premier).

Comment

Eastside
          Timbers
          Westside
          Fcsc
          FCportland

Eastside gets a bit better
          Timbers get stronger
          Westside gets stronger
          Fcsc loses scorers and drops considerable
          FCportland picks up 1-2

Comment

I did not see this team in the State Cup but did see Samba TS made it to the semi's. Why not in the State Cup?

Probably because you can't double roster girls. (i.e. can't play for two teams in the same tourney / cup).

Comment

Good for them, but they only had three teams in their bracket counting them (officially TS wasn't in the state cup, so prior to the roster freeze they players were divvied up to WS copa / Samba, probably so they can enter T/S in the directors cup and get some wins, additionally, if they look like they did well, maybe it would help with recruiting)

State cup games for 'samba':

EMFC (a lower end D1 team)
              Eastside (lost) However, top two teams get to go to the quarters.

THUSC (won in PKs) quarter final

NEU (lost) in the semi's (NEU is getting regulated for fall down to D1, I saw the end of the FC/NEU game in pool play and FC won 3/4 - 1 and FC is not very good.

So yeah, they (samba) made it to the 'semi's', but that was by amalgamating multiple teams, an easy pool schedule, and I suspect a lucky match against silver.

Copa and Samba will go back to D1 or D1 oblivion and it will be a long year for T/S with the occasional draw or win against the lower level premier teams.

Comment

Now that try outs (I think) are over for everyone, does that change your opinion on fall rankings? I am sure there was some movement; does Eastside and the WA Timbers get stronger and what is happening with Salmon Creek?

Comment

This sounds like WC Soccer Dad from the WA forums! Hope your team is on the mend and it will be interesting to see the changes ahead.
                  Nope, not me. Goalie didn't have a broken shoulder after all. Top back line player still out & said goalie isn't playing this next year.

A year of change, it will be interesting to see.

Comment

Now that try outs (I think) are over for everyone, does that change your opinion on fall rankings? I am sure there was some movement; does Eastside and the WA Timbers get stronger and what is happening with Salmon Creek?
                    I heard SC had 75 girls show up for GU13.
                    WA. Timbers had close to 100.

I don't know if Eastside had any defectors' but one of the top WATimber girls jumped ship & is going across the river. So if Eastside didn't lose anyone, they just got even better.

Comment

I heard SC had 75 girls show up for GU13.
                      WA. Timbers had close to 100.

I don't know if Eastside had any defectors' but one of the top WATimber girls jumped ship & is going across the river. So if Eastside didn't lose anyone, they just got even better.
                      I know this age group really well and I was happy that my daughter made WATimbers. I was worried there for a bit. The talent was very good and I'm happy that my daughter made the team. The girl in question that left would have had trouble making this team. She would have been what coaches call a bubble player. It sounded as though that parent moved their whole family to eastside. Apparently sitting in a car for 4 hours per week going to and from practices is a good idea these days.

Comment

I know this age group really well and I was happy that my daughter made WATimbers. I was worried there for a bit. The talent was very good and I'm happy that my daughter made the team. The girl in question that left would have had trouble making this team. She would have been what coaches call a bubble player. It sounded as though that parent moved their whole family to eastside. Apparently sitting in a car for 4 hours per week going to and from practices is a good idea these days.
                        Awesome............thanks for your nutjob families. You couv parents really know how to create them. Salmon creek is the worse though. Tina and Victor really seem to BS the hell out of people then brain wash them, when they escape, they are never quite normal.

Comment

Awesome............thanks for your nutjob families. You couv parents really know how to create them. Salmon creek is the worse though. Tina and Victor really seem to BS the hell out of people then brain wash them, when they escape, they are never quite normal.
                          Awesome, I think we know who the nutjob is...why don't you go back to the Salmon Creek thread and post 300 more times there.

Comment

So a starter for the Reds makes the state cup champ team at ET and she's a "bubble player"? Sounds to me that it might just be your DD who is on the bubble and maybe you should be thankful that the other girl moved on..

Comment

Yes, there does seem to be a lot of co-dependent, insecure families over at Salmon Creek.
                              Must be a "birds-of-a-feather" thing.

Comment

I'm not quite sure who you're talking about, but it has to be her cause she was the only one. There were 2 girls who tried out across the river, they were both offered positions & only one accepted. Anyhoots, the said kid would have had zero issues making the Timbers Reds. If she didn't it wouldn't have been because of lack of talent. She was one of our top players.

Also, you don't make that Eastside team if you're a "bubble player" on the Timbers Red.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X