Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Numbnuts it's about showcasing players, not the results.
    I agree but a LOADED team with 12 Top D1 recruits should be easily doing both no? Unless they roster 24+ and the other 11 were all on the field at the same time !!

Comment

I hate to disappoint, but I believe I'm the first pro-Oakwood poster in their thread. The others are just trolls. I say that because if any of the previous posters were pro-OW, don't you think they would have mentioned the OW player that was called into US camp yesterday?

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...rco-california

Comment

Im really not, but feel free to think that. when was the last time Ohio state was good? U Conn showed you how much they relied on 2 players. People throw around D1 like its the holy grail. Most D 1 programs are not particularly good at womens soccer.
        Ohio State is one of the best programs in the Big 10. Won the regular Big 10 title this year.

Plenty of resources because of them being in Power 5. I believe that their scholarships are four years

Comment

I hate to disappoint, but I believe I'm the first pro-Oakwood poster in their thread. The others are just trolls. I say that because if any of the previous posters were pro-OW, don't you think they would have mentioned the OW player that was called into US camp yesterday?

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...rco-california
          You mean the one that started at CFC

Comment

Are you stating that the call ups are directly due to the actions/efforts of CFC itself?

Wouldn't a logical mind that understands where the motivation to become great stems from, realize that the credit belongs to the players and the players alone?
            Yes, I am stating that CFC does play huge roll in USNT call ups. You have no idea what you're talking about. The call ups start with the club DOC and the trust they have created over the years with the USSF scouts. CFC has sent JB and CS that have done well and they also just got called up. Also, Remember that Dave Clarke is the assistant coach of U17 WNT/USSF scout and coaches the CFC Academy team comprised of the top 20 CFC kids across the entire club. Obviously, elite players do more and work outside their clubs. But CFC has connections, why did the two best players from FSA 2002 come over to CFC this year? Better exposure wouldn't you guess? And guess what they just released IMG Academy Top 150 this week and one of these FSA players that came over to CFC made the list. Coincidence?

Comment

Yes, I am stating that CFC does play huge roll in USNT call ups. You have no idea what you're talking about. The call ups start with the club DOC and the trust they have created over the years with the USSF scouts. CFC has sent JB and CS that have done well and they also just got called up. Also, Remember that Dave Clarke is the assistant coach of U17 WNT/USSF scout and coaches the CFC Academy team comprised of the top 20 CFC kids across the entire club. Obviously, elite players do more and work outside their clubs. But CFC has connections, why did the two best players from FSA 2002 come over to CFC this year? Better exposure wouldn't you guess? And guess what they just released IMG Academy Top 150 this week and one of these FSA players that came over to CFC made the list. Coincidence?

Now don't you think a statement like that, made early on here and in many other threads, would go far to eliminate some of the nonsense about how clubs should be really compared?

Comment

You mean the one that started at CFC
                She was in diapers then, give it a rest.

Comment

She was in diapers then, give it a rest.
                  She would have ended up in the exact same place had she stayed. No magic pixie dust at OW

Comment

I haven't see the CFC super team play but there are 4 former FSA kids there and another 4 former Oakwood kids.

This shows me that CFC is good at marketing, selling the dream and talent aggregation.

Comment

I haven't see the CFC super team play but there are 4 former FSA kids there and another 4 former Oakwood kids.

This shows me that CFC is good at marketing, selling the dream and talent aggregation.
                      Actually you forgot one ... college placement

Let's not forget that there are still 15 other girls other than the ones you mentioned

Comment

So politics then. Thanks. Explains a lot.

Comment

So politics then. Thanks. Explains a lot.
                          pretty much explains how the world works. join or don't, your choice. to get to the top you have to have it all. talent, production, opportunity and know how to play the game.

Comment

Actually you forgot one ... college placement

Let's not forget that there are still 15 other girls other than the ones you mentioned
                            Aggregating other teams players is marketing. College placement is such a blowhard expression. A kids ability opens the doors. A Club should be there to answer questions and give honest advice. Almost all of them are capable of that.

All these debates come back to one simple fact. When the talent is not that good and equivalent, non soccer relationships take over. Great players dont need placement.

Comment

Aggregating other teams players is marketing. College placement is such a blowhard expression. A kids ability opens the doors. A Club should be there to answer questions and give honest advice. Almost all of them are capable of that.

All these debates come back to one simple fact. When the talent is not that good and equivalent, non soccer relationships take over. Great players dont need placement.
                              If they didn't have the placement then kids wouldn't join. Pretty simple.

Why did the other kids join if ALL clubs are capable.

I do agree with your statement about great players don't need placement. But the rest do.

Comment

pretty much explains how the world works. join or don't, your choice. to get to the top you have to have it all. talent, production, opportunity and know how to play the game.
                                well aware how it works, the point is where you focus. Go look at FC Stars. Dewhurst got at least 10 of his 2000s YNT camps. How many stuck? Is that great marketing for his Cub. Sure. Is that a dereliction of his USSF job, well not dereliction, but hardly a ringing endorsement of his objectivity.

Its laziness to suggest that the players you see most often are somehow better than other unless you devote time to seeing the rest. YNTs are NOT performing well at present which suggest that either the coaching is not great or the talent identification is poor. either way, it can be a fun experience for the kids, but it is flawed. Its not merit based and wont be until there is real accountability for failure.

before you cry foul - my kid is on YNTs and tbh, she probably should not be.

Not from CT- just found this thread interesting on a slow Friday

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X