Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just this week, CFC girls committed another girl to Ohio State and UCONN.
    no disrespect, but hardly powerhouse programs reflective on YNT stars.

Comment

No disrespect, but you're an idiot. See how that works?

Comment

It’s a silly argument really. Sure players are talented, but obviously clubs have something to do with developing that talent. Teaching them not just skill but an understanding of the game. That doesn’t just happen. At the same time, it also doesn’t just happen without a ton of hard work and extra work from the player. The reality is that both have a hand in it.
        ill put it this way. I think if a truly talented kid played at CFC. OW, PDA,NYCFC Albertson and many many other clubs the result (politics aside) will be pretty much the same. The only part that is not replaceable is the kids talent and desire to learn.

Again, no one has a formula. The difference between all these clubs is the number of talented players. The way you attract them is usually marketing . you have to convince someone elses talent that you will do more. That means showing them lists of College commits and pointing to call ups I guess.

I stand by my original position. all these Clubs are pretty similar.

Comment

No disrespect, but you're an idiot. See how that works?
          Im really not, but feel free to think that. when was the last time Ohio state was good? U Conn showed you how much they relied on 2 players. People throw around D1 like its the holy grail. Most D 1 programs are not particularly good at womens soccer.

Comment

This has to be an OW parent.

Having a player at this age, I can tell you that the CFC 02 team is loaded. Hard to imagine that CFC has ever had a better squad. Mine probably wouldn't get playing time there but man I'd imagine that practices with that group must raise everyone's level.

I've never been a CFC fan but I respect the hell out of what they've put together.
            Sending multiple kids to power conference schools isn't the norm in CT. For anyone to knock any of the schools here is really just selfish.

Congrats to these girls and and their families.

-FSA Parent

PS. I still think you won't beat us!

Comment

That group will have no less than 12 D1 players.
              And they were 1-1-1 in FL against mediocre competition? How could this be? Something is amiss.

Comment

It’s been announced that Peyton McNamara from the CFC 02 ECNL team has been called up to the U16 national team.

That’s 3 National Team call up for CFC in a very short period of time. They must be doing something right.

Can’t wait for the haters to chime in now.
                Are you stating that the call ups are directly due to the actions/efforts of CFC itself?

Wouldn't a logical mind that understands where the motivation to become great stems from, realize that the credit belongs to the players and the players alone?

Comment

If your intent is not to disrespect or take away from their accomplishments, why offer this posting in the first place?

Comment

And they were 1-1-1 in FL against mediocre competition? How could this be? Something is amiss.
                    It's called a showcase

Comment

It's called a showcase
                      And I suppose the other teams cheated somehow or did not play according to showcase rules?

Comment

If your intent is not to disrespect or take away from their accomplishments, why offer this posting in the first place?
                        My intent is to tell the poster to sit down and relax. Commits are usually indicative of a wide variety of things, not just soccer ability. Im more surprised that you dont ask the OP what he/she is trying to achieve by posting it?

If you told me that a kid was getting afull ride to Stanford for soccer, now that would nbe impressive. Kids form the NE are committing to the UConns and Ohio State equivalents all the time. From GDA, ECNL and NPL Clubs.

Comment

My intent is to tell the poster to sit down and relax. Commits are usually indicative of a wide variety of things, not just soccer ability. Im more surprised that you dont ask the OP what he/she is trying to achieve by posting it?

If you told me that a kid was getting afull ride to Stanford for soccer, now that would nbe impressive. Kids form the NE are committing to the UConns and Ohio State equivalents all the time. From GDA, ECNL and NPL Clubs.

Should I be surprised that you didn't answer my question and merely tried to deflect it?

Comment

Should I be surprised that you didn't answer my question and merely tried to deflect it?
                            I answered it in line one. cant really be much clearer.

Comment

Im really not, but feel free to think that. when was the last time Ohio state was good? U Conn showed you how much they relied on 2 players. People throw around D1 like its the holy grail. Most D 1 programs are not particularly good at womens soccer.
                              Vs U Hartford or CCS?

Comment

And I suppose the other teams cheated somehow or did not play according to showcase rules?
                                Numbnuts it's about showcasing players, not the results.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X