X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Obviously not true if they can’t get answers and website remains unchanged
    They dont' change their website often. I wouldn't take that as proof of anything

Comment

Ahhhh, in relation to the "finances" experts and their idiocy. Are you f'ing stupid? Go get your little calculator or abacus or bag of colored rocks and just do the math. The clubs don't give a flying f about what you think. Once you get to scale these things are ATMs that just spit out cash. Idiots. Please stop with the nonsense.

Here's the math for you simpleton. It looks like they have 22 teams, let's be conservative with rosters of 18 and not cash grabs of 22 (yummy profit), at $3,000 per season. That's $1,188,000. They're fine, you, maybe not so much if you are all up in their business. What's it really cost to run these deals, so let's say they have a 40% margin. They're (owners) making 200k a head to run a website and schedule field time.... Just saying....you can't fight the math.

They got a DA patch, so kids will just keep lining up to play so they can brawl against real teams and say they did. They get to say I played the Reb bulls, or nycfc, dc United, or the revs, whereas the non acadamy clubs get to say what? I played CFC, fsa, academica? *** is that (no offense to you, but really, why, you too Celtic, ***). Nobody cares outside this little neighborhood. Is what it is.

I don't have a dog in this fight, my kid not there at BS, but it's just math. I see this in a lot of threads.

Do this exercise for CFC. It's nuts how much cash goes through these machines. Teams x players x cost x expected profit margin = profit aka "owner salary".

I await the well thought out intelligent replies... Lol.... This IS talking soccer, so it will he about banging someone's wife, so whatever.... It is entertaining.

Comment

that was pretty good meatball math -- IIRC in the most recent filings they had >$1mm revs and ~$600k expenses, so your margins seem sound.

waht's truly astounding is then the margins on the town programs must be even better, since the town provides fields.

good racquet!

Comment

The towns can make some coin, but are limited by number of teams and structute/relationship. The real bank is in running tourneys. Then it magnifies by the addititional team fees. Gets complicated pulling the cash out as there needs to be a vote on compensation and whatever.

You get a tourney with 40 teams each giving let's say 700$ a fee, 28 large for a weekend.... Not bad for 2-3 days. Some tourneys are much higher, or larger. Do that 2x a year, spring and fall....

Comment

Ahhhh, in relation to the "finances" experts and their idiocy. Are you f'ing stupid? Go get your little calculator or abacus or bag of colored rocks and just do the math. The clubs don't give a flying f about what you think. Once you get to scale these things are ATMs that just spit out cash. Idiots. Please stop with the nonsense.

Here's the math for you simpleton. It looks like they have 22 teams, let's be conservative with rosters of 18 and not cash grabs of 22 (yummy profit), at $3,000 per season. That's $1,188,000. They're fine, you, maybe not so much if you are all up in their business. What's it really cost to run these deals, so let's say they have a 40% margin. They're (owners) making 200k a head to run a website and schedule field time.... Just saying....you can't fight the math.

They got a DA patch, so kids will just keep lining up to play so they can brawl against real teams and say they did. They get to say I played the Reb bulls, or nycfc, dc United, or the revs, whereas the non acadamy clubs get to say what? I played CFC, fsa, academica? *** is that (no offense to you, but really, why, you too Celtic, ***). Nobody cares outside this little neighborhood. Is what it is.

I don't have a dog in this fight, my kid not there at BS, but it's just math. I see this in a lot of threads.

Do this exercise for CFC. It's nuts how much cash goes through these machines. Teams x players x cost x expected profit margin = profit aka "owner salary".

I await the well thought out intelligent replies... Lol.... This IS talking soccer, so it will he about banging someone's wife, so whatever.... It is entertaining.

Its better to do this per team.

18 players at $3,500 = $63,000
            Coach fee = 22k (salary + tournaments/travel)
            Equipment fee = $1,000
            Admin charge per team = $1,500
            Club field usage per team = VARIES a lot, depending on field ownership or rent, but $10,000-$20,000 is the range (assume 15K)
            TD = salary around 100k breaks down per team cost say $5,000
            Age group/Boys girls heads 2-4 of them = 50k salary - breaks down per team cost say $5,000
            Insurance and cards = 500 per team

This leaves about 10-12k per team left over (and its missing odds and ends costs)
            Now factor in scholarships per team - and you are FLAT at 3-4 scholarships per team. My guess is the team is in the red now.

that RED per team is made up from contributions/gala event each year to make the pot whole again.

Not a lot of fat on this bone!

Comment

Nice math

Equipment fee = $1,000
              Club field usage per team = VARIES a lot, depending on field ownership or rent, but $10,000-$20,000 is the range (assume 15K)
              Age group/Boys girls heads 2-4 of them = 50k salary - breaks down per team cost say $5,000

This leaves about 10-12k per team left over (and its missing odds and ends costs)
              Now factor in scholarships per team - and you are FLAT at 3-4 scholarships per team. My guess is the team is in the red now.

that RED per team is made up from contributions/gala event each year to make the pot whole again.

That sounds about right.... hard part at Beachside is that they rent the fields, and pay more than you have allocated for fields.

Also, the club makes 10-25% on all uniform purchases through their partner store. That SAVINGS is passed onto the club members throughout the year (in that you can go to Soccer and Rugby and get a 15-20% discount depending on the club 'deal'. But the club keeps that 15-20% when its uniform purchasing time. Thats some real money. Each kit costs what, $400? x 18 = $7,200 - so the club pockets $1,500-$2,000 per team on that.

x 15 teams say = $26k folks.

Beachside practices 1 day less than other clubs at younger ages = savings

Beachside is robbing us, and we're letting them.

Comment

Equipment fee = $1,000

22K for a coach? WHERE ?

Most clubs pay 10-15K for a coach, BS is right around 15. Never heard of a club paying 22k.

Comment

22K for a coach? WHERE ?

Most clubs pay 10-15K for a coach, BS is right around 15. Never heard of a club paying 22k.
                  DA coaches should be paid more; regular premier coach much less.

Comment

Coaches pay + costs

22K for a coach? WHERE ?

Yes, coaches get about 15-16 k per team (head coaches and top ones). but there is another 5-7k of costs throughout the year.

tournaments - they get paid extra
                    hotels - covered by team
                    Transportation - covered by team

It adds up, and it becomes a bit. If you have ANY sleep over tournaments, they get $100 per day, plus costs of transportation and hotel. Works out to be about $750 per event.

Add in any possible flights, and that number balloons. 5-7k is fair. = 22k

Comment

Yes, coaches get about 15-16 k per team (head coaches and top ones). but there is another 5-7k of costs throughout the year.

tournaments - they get paid extra
                      hotels - covered by team
                      Transportation - covered by team

It adds up, and it becomes a bit. If you have ANY sleep over tournaments, they get $100 per day, plus costs of transportation and hotel. Works out to be about $750 per event.

Add in any possible flights, and that number balloons. 5-7k is fair. = 22k
                      False.

At no club in CT that I am familiar with are coaches provided travel/transportation reimbursement .
                      Hotels yes. That is about 2-400 a weekend? Maximum 3 times throughout year.
                      Tournaments they are NOT paid extra. Is included in all contracts.

Comment

False.

At no club in CT that I am familiar with are coaches provided travel/transportation reimbursement .
                        You're so adamant .... yet I have 14 contracts in front of me that has language that contradicts what you suggest is LAW.

Each club is different, each contract may be different inside the club.

It is what it is.....and on that point there can be no argument.

Comment

False.

False.

I negotiate my own contract with the club that I coach for and my contract includes a seasonal year stipend, hotel accommodations, mileage for tournaments and any games more than 50 miles from our home club field and a daily meal per diem for tournaments.

Comment

You're so adamant .... yet I have 14 contracts in front of me that has language that contradicts what you suggest is LAW.

Each club is different, each contract may be different inside the club.

It is what it is.....and on that point there can be no argument.
                            And what club are you with skipper?

Comment

Anonymous

And what club are you with skipper?
                              This is an anonymous site, but that doesn't mean what I said isn't 100% true.

In fact, the only time I post here is when I see people spreading information that I know to be 100% false.

That said, BS is BS

Comment

Beachside Loses

Another shoe drops, as Mickey Kydes, (recently listed as one of the most 50 influential soccer people in New England) and rumored to be BANNED from being involved in USSF activities pending investigations, has removed himself as a coach from the club. Still the technical director, he has removed himself as a coach on the club's website for the older ages which he has historically coached.

This follows the removal of Kydes as the Academy Director in the Spring when news of 'problems' began for Beachside when Kydes' outside for profit soccer training programs were commingled with Beachside's not for profit $ machine.

Brian Quinn and Pete Doneit are now the listed coaches for U-18/19 DA.

https://beachsidesoccer.org/teams-coaches/

There is an old saying 'What goes around comes around' ....

BS has never been more BS, but the first step to salvation is occurring, Kydes is being marginalized.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X