Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    SUSA is getting nervous. They are calling around looking for more teams. Barca has put a major hurting on SUSA's #s. Dont let anyone tell you differently.
    We left SUSA----TOO EXPENSIVE!!!

Comment

SUSA is getting nervous. They are calling around looking for more teams. Barca has put a major hurting on SUSA's #s. Dont let anyone tell you differently.
      They are all beating each other up. 300 players is $600,000 in revenue, i think its fair to say they all have that registered in their stables.

Comment

They lost a lot of players this spring from their C and D teams and are trying to make the numbers up by taking literally anyone who shows up.

They have also lost entire teams back to Commack as that club is starting to put out a large number of teams in their own name again.

Comment

They lost a lot of players this spring from their C and D teams and are trying to make the numbers up by taking literally anyone who shows up.

They have also lost entire teams back to Commack as that club is starting to put out a large number of teams in their own name again.
          Let's be honest, if we're talking about C and D teams, of course they'll take anyone who shows up. On the flip side, if a kid is a C and D level player, it would be crazy to pay Susa prices at that level.

Full disclosure, my kid plays on a Susa NPL team and had some friends from school tryout. They made the C team and asked my opinion on what I thought. I told them to save their money and play for Commack.

Comment

Larry promised a Susa announcement yesterday. A guy asked what's the news just before and he played dumb. I also think he removed his comment promising news yesterday by the end of the day.

So another day no update.

Comment

Larry promised a Susa announcement yesterday. A guy asked what's the news just before and he played dumb. I also think he removed his comment promising news yesterday by the end of the day.

So another day no update.
              I cannot believe it. He regurgitated old news about the state legislature needing to pass a bill allowing Islip to rezone and give the lot rob Susa. That was back in March and I have no idea of they ever voted on it and Cuomo signed it because mayoral control of city schools was the priority of the last legislative day.

Larry, you must think we are all dumb. Maybe tomorrow he will announce they are buying ISA?

Comment

I cannot believe it. He regurgitated old news about the state legislature needing to pass a bill allowing Islip to rezone and give the lot rob Susa. That was back in March and I have no idea of they ever voted on it and Cuomo signed it because mayoral control of city schools was the priority of the last legislative day.

Larry, you must think we are all dumb. Maybe tomorrow he will announce they are buying ISA?
                Lol. I actually did look it up, they did vote on it 8 aye 0 nay. Don't actually know how significant it is, but that's what it was.
                My kid plays for Susa (former ISA) and to be honest, I really couldn't care less about a field complex. She's been playing at Baymen for over 5 years and it's fine. Sure a nice complex is cool, but the novelty wears off real quick. Lightning speed if it ends up costing me more money!

Comment

Susa just announced new rounds of tryouts for their girls teams 03, 04, 05, 06 and 07.

Apparently some teams are a bit short.

Comment

Susa just announced new rounds of tryouts for their girls teams 03, 04, 05, 06 and 07.

Apparently some teams are a bit short.
                    Really? 2 of those are my kids age groups, and their teams are fine. Must be the C and D levels

Comment

Really? 2 of those are my kids age groups, and their teams are fine. Must be the C and D levels
                      But on BOTN yesterday Larry said Susa's numbers actually increased.

Comment

all clubs everywhere can use more kids. Anyone not happy with their current placement should be smart enough to reach out. Susa was gutted by Barca, Atletico needs girls in 05s and 04s, Alby and East Meadow the same. Susa is nervouse, they are out calling clubs as we speak to bring under their umbrella. Those fields cost $$$

Comment

all clubs everywhere can use more kids. Anyone not happy with their current placement should be smart enough to reach out. Susa was gutted by Barca, Atletico needs girls in 05s and 04s, Alby and East Meadow the same. Susa is nervouse, they are out calling clubs as we speak to bring under their umbrella. Those fields cost $$$
                          The Susa complex will be available for $0.50 on the $1 in 5 years, maybe less.

Barca killed their B/C teams and Commack room back what were C and D teams. Next year it will be the new shiny thing.

I predict they will only build a few fields on one side of the street and something else on the other like condo's when they realize they don't have the players to utilize 3-4 fields.

Also predict a lot of LAX rentals on those fields. Remember when Larry said they would be soccer only? He will eat those words.

Comment

Larry won't eat his words. He'll just say you misunderstood.

Comment

SUSA is negotiating a 40 year lease for the land. They would either have to sublease the land or have someone assume their lease if they fail.

I agree that this is a folly in terms of sheer size and they may end up scaling back if they continue to lose players.

Comment

SUSA is negotiating a 40 year lease for the land. They would either have to sublease the land or have someone assume their lease if they fail.

I agree that this is a folly in terms of sheer size and they may end up scaling back if they continue to lose players.
                                At best they will mostly be 2 teams deep per age group, maybe 3-4 in young age groups. I can't see how they can support this unless Glen is being charitable which I doubt.

The town teams are kicking them out after this year. They may not even be as big as Commack (1800 players). No way its more than 2-3 fields. They should scrap CI, build 3-4 fields in a better location. If they don't right-size this they will fail or end up a LAX complex.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X