Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boys ecnl

Has anyone seen schedules yet? Will this league be any good?

If it's ECNL schedules won't be published until after HS ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Has anyone seen schedules yet? Will this league be any good?
      I hope it is good, and that is succeeds.

My son made a DA when he was in sixth grade, but chose not to because he was looking forward to school ball. Sounds weird, but he didn't think DA was the "end game" and was happy playing with his team in NPL, now plays in EDP div 1. But, if ecnl was a choice he may have picked it since it allows school ball. Now, going in to 11th grade he has no desire to try ecnl.

Comment

I hope it is good, and that is succeeds.

My son made a DA when he was in sixth grade, but chose not to because he was looking forward to school ball. Sounds weird, but he didn't think DA was the "end game" and was happy playing with his team in NPL, now plays in EDP div 1. But, if ecnl was a choice he may have picked it since it allows school ball. Now, going in to 11th grade he has no desire to try ecnl.
        I hope it does well also. Giving up high is a tough decision and isn't in the best interest of most players. They just won't be professional or national team players - and that's OK for many. They just want to play good soccer and hopefully play in college. Now they'll have more choices of where to play. If it does what it has on the girls side kids will her lots of college exposure. It will probably take a few years to solidify itself because of older boys like your son not wanting to move.

Comment

How does ECNL season work? Starts after HS in November? How many games do they play across the year?

Comment

How does ECNL season work? Starts after HS in November? How many games do they play across the year?
            Yes play starts in November. There are several national events, Events are held at San Diego, Florida and PA (FC Delco). Playoffs at the end of the year

There are 15 teams in NE Conference. See link for teams that are spread from MA to VA. Typically two games a weekend. I think home and away but not sure on that. They try to schedule games based on geography. For example play to PA teams in same weekend.

http://www.boysecnl.com/northeast-conference/

Comment

Yes play starts in November. There are several national events, Events are held at San Diego, Florida and PA (FC Delco). Playoffs at the end of the year

There are 15 teams in NE Conference. See link for teams that are spread from MA to VA. Typically two games a weekend. I think home and away but not sure on that. They try to schedule games based on geography. For example play to PA teams in same weekend.

http://www.boysecnl.com/northeast-conference/
              YEs they double up on the home vs away games - so you go to MA for one weekend and play two games, then you're home for two games the next weekend. Somewhat more league travel and definitely more for national events One is usually at PDA), good competition (on the girls side, boys remains to be seen) and no doubt a good national platform for recruiting. If they can do what they've done on the girls' side I think it will take a bite out of DA.

Comment

YEs they double up on the home vs away games - so you go to MA for one weekend and play two games, then you're home for two games the next weekend. Somewhat more league travel and definitely more for national events One is usually at PDA), good competition (on the girls side, boys remains to be seen) and no doubt a good national platform for recruiting. If they can do what they've done on the girls' side I think it will take a bite out of DA.
                Boys events are Delco, Florida and San Diego

Boys will require more Travel than Girls due to size of the region.

Boys recruiting exposure will be way less than girls ECNL due to the existence of a first division (DAP) and overall less scholarships. Good to have options and boys Ecnl will take some players away from DAP

Comment

That is a bonkers amount of travel for youth soccer. VA to Boston is a 450-mile trip!

Not saying I wouldn't do it, but not saying I'm not bonkers either 😀

Comment

That is a bonkers amount of travel for youth soccer. VA to Boston is a 450-mile trip!

Not saying I wouldn't do it, but not saying I'm not bonkers either ��
                    But a MA or VA team only has to do that once - one round home, one round away. The boys regions re bigger but that may change if it grows. This area is lucky to be more in the middle.

Comment

Boys events are Delco, Florida and San Diego

Boys will require more Travel than Girls due to size of the region.

Boys recruiting exposure will be way less than girls ECNL due to the existence of a first division (DAP) and overall less scholarships. Good to have options and boys Ecnl will take some players away from DAP
                      What it will likely do is take away from NPL recruiting, assuming it becomes the #2 league behind DA. One thing ECNL does well is big events for one stop shopping. NPL shopping is more fragmented and regional

Comment

What it will likely do is take away from NPL recruiting, assuming it becomes the #2 league behind DA. One thing ECNL does well is big events for one stop shopping. NPL shopping is more fragmented and regional
                        Agreed on the eCNL big events. However, keep in mind most college recruiting is done regionally and not nationally

Comment

Isn't the U14 season supposed to start in September just like girls U14?

Comment

what are your opinions on the 2 boys ECNL clubs from Long Island?

Comment

what are your opinions on the 2 boys ECNL clubs from Long Island?
                              I hope boys ecnl thrives. If picking between the two, I'd pick EM just for stability. Seems like Albertson will be using random fields. Other than that, only time will tell.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X