Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Barca practices are starting to look like a SUSA parent meeting lately. Larry's campaign of hate and lies isn't working. Word is spreading and people are coming to see things for themselves, and I've yet to hear anyone say that they weren't impressed. Once official tryouts are announced, it's going to look like Walmart on Black Friday there. I have nothing against SUSA, but the training at Barca is on a whole different level. With girls teams coming soon and Barca's facility starting to make some progress, SUSA will have to scale back their aspirations for expansion or they're going to risk growing too large to be supported by the diminishing player pool. This may be a hard pill for SUSA to swallow because they were poised to take over LI before Barca showed up, but if their ego gets in the way and they don't adjust their plans, they're going to find themselves in trouble.
    They tried with the girls last year. Don't think they even formed a single team. Barca is for boys

Comment

Kaz did extend an open invitation to one of them and the other would have no problem landing a starting roster spot. Just not worth the travel to be on a big fish team in the small pond of the lackluster NE GDA.
      Now if NYCFC could compete against teams more than 2 teams outside of those that Manhattan routinely beat in NPL, it might be worth the trip. Until then, that hour+ commute both ways is better spent on schoolwork.

Thanks Doggie Dad!
      Not sure which MSC you are referring to, Massapequa or Manhattan, which both suck by the way. If its the land of many lakes, no one wants you at NYCFC, your accent bothers us. If its Manhattan, well then you are welcomed, because you are #Cityfolk, and as such, you are forever welcomed at NYCFC Academy, both boys and girls.

#Forthecity!!!

Comment

Barca practices are starting to look like a SUSA parent meeting lately. Larry's campaign of hate and lies isn't working. Word is spreading and people are coming to see things for themselves, and I've yet to hear anyone say that they weren't impressed. Once official tryouts are announced, it's going to look like Walmart on Black Friday there. I have nothing against SUSA, but the training at Barca is on a whole different level. With girls teams coming soon and Barca's facility starting to make some progress, SUSA will have to scale back their aspirations for expansion or they're going to risk growing too large to be supported by the diminishing player pool. This may be a hard pill for SUSA to swallow because they were poised to take over LI before Barca showed up, but if their ego gets in the way and they don't adjust their plans, they're going to find themselves in trouble.
        Dude, NYCFC rules this area..

#FortheCityForever

Comment

They tried with the girls last year. Don't think they even formed a single team. Barca is for boys
          And what's the incentive to play for Barca over SUSA on the girls side?

Comment

Keep sticking your head in the sand, it's ok.

Comment

Dude, NYCFC rules this area..

#FortheCityForever
              Yeah sure... Red Bulls has a bigger footprint in Long Island than NYCFC.....and their in New Jersey!

Comment

Keep sticking your head in the sand, it's ok.
                Ok. Barca is for girls. If you want to watch the girls always be second fiddle at the club then sure.

Comment

And what's the incentive to play for Barca over SUSA on the girls side?
                  If people are happy there, they will stay there. The market will dictate, pure and simple. If Barca has a superior product, they will pull the players. If not, they won't.

Comment

Ok. Barca is for girls. If you want to watch the girls always be second fiddle at the club then sure.
                    Girls are already playing on the boys teams at Barca. That's PLAYING in league games, not just training. I've never seen that at SUSA. Not saying it doesn't happen, i've just never seen it.

I'm sure the boys sitting on the bench watching their girl teammates play are happy those girls are "second fiddle"!

And then theirs this of course.

https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/sto...pansion-051217

Comment

Yeah sure... Red Bulls has a bigger footprint in Long Island than NYCFC.....and their in New Jersey!
                      There is you problem, Log Island. Wish you guys would just sink into the sea, sooner rather than later, like now....

Comment

Girls are already playing on the boys teams at Barca. That's PLAYING in league games, not just training. I've never seen that at SUSA. Not saying it doesn't happen, i've just never seen it.

I'm sure the boys sitting on the bench watching their girl teammates play are happy those girls are "second fiddle"!

And then theirs this of course.

https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/sto...pansion-051217
                        That would be great for NWSL and ALLLLL female youth soccer, GDA, ECNL, USYS, NPL*

*Yes in that particular order

Comment

Unfortunately, the only women's sports that market well is tennis and a few of the Olympic disciplines. No way at all knocking the competitors but the financial viability of these leagues has not been good. God Bless Barca for entering the market but long term feasibility is slim.

Comment

That would be great for NWSL and ALLLLL female youth soccer, GDA, ECNL, USYS, NPL*

Much harder to set up a girls program on LI than to set up boys. 2 GDAs, 2 ECNLs and a landscape where college is king. As long as the former ISA folks stick around at Susa (I.E.-Ron & Sue Alber, Nir Sveri and Tim Hearney) girls won't be flocking to an unknown entity with no college placement record or evident relationships with coaches...going from one NPL club to the other, just because? Won't happen

Then you have the Paul Riley effect, good luck trying to land another GDA or ECNL badge, lol. That's the only draw on the girls side and until PR decides to up and leave LI entirely, his club(s) will continue to reign supreme.

Comment

Much harder to set up a girls program on LI than to set up boys. 2 GDAs, 2 ECNLs and a landscape where college is king. As long as the former ISA folks stick around at Susa (I.E.-Ron & Sue Alber, Nir Sveri and Tim Hearney) girls won't be flocking to an unknown entity with no college placement record or evident relationships with coaches...going from one NPL club to the other, just because? Won't happen

Then you have the Paul Riley effect, good luck trying to land another GDA or ECNL badge, lol. That's the only draw on the girls side and until PR decides to up and leave LI entirely, his club(s) will continue to reign supreme.
                              LISC becomes Barca. I can def see that. Fury goes back to Nassau. Which is where they are anyway.

Comment

Yes, except that Barcelona has indicated that the NWSL team would be based on the West Coast...so it would not be directly linked to the operation on LI.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X