Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 07-20-2018
Unregistered

Default Barca Girls Program

I just saw on another thread Allie Long did a clinic for Barca girls. Anyone got info on Barca and a girls program. Teams they are fielding and where they are playing out of?

Thanks
Old 07-20-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I just saw on another thread Allie Long did a clinic for Barca girls. Anyone got info on Barca and a girls program. Teams they are fielding and where they are playing out of?

Thanks
Allie Long is the TD of the girls program
Old 07-20-2018
Unregistered

It looks like they are playing NYCSL metro division
Old 07-20-2018
Unregistered

do they have any teams for 2004 and older or just up to 2005?
Old 07-20-2018
Unregistered

anyone have a link to anything? You would figure they would want people to know about it,
Old 07-26-2018
Unregistered

Wink

Quote:
do they have any teams for 2004 and older or just up to 2005?
Has anyone received any further information about the program since registration? I have emailed the Academy to see if I could maybe get a practice schedule or if some kind of orientation is planned and never heard back. Does anybody have any further info on the girls program other than what was initially provided in the invitation letter? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-27-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Has anyone received any further information about the program since registration? I have emailed the Academy to see if I could maybe get a practice schedule or if some kind of orientation is planned and never heard back. Does anybody have any further info on the girls program other than what was initially provided in the invitation letter? Any help would be appreciated.
Welcome to Barca! Yeah, they need to work on their communications a bit more.
Old 07-27-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Barca's email system was down for a little while from what I hear even FC barcelona's emails were having issues. I saw they are now back up and running; I would send a new email in case that one never made it through as I did.
Training restarts August 20.

For anyone that wants info- you can follow Barca Academy Pro NY on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and will see all the info you need; they post often. FC Barcelona will occasionally post info regarding Barca NY events also. I do not work there, these are the ways I know of to keep up to date.

Also, They have fielded Girls teams at many ages, I do not know what ages though. You can email Barca NY at Barcaacademyny@fcbarcelona.cat and ask for info.

Until the they have at least 2-3 fields complete at the complex in Kings Park, The teams train out of NYIT and Manhasset valley Park for the most part.
Old 08-18-2018
Unregistered

Westchester parent here who just received the pre-season schedule and having a difficult time trying to figure out how we will be getting our daughter to the second week of practice let alone for regular season practices. Unfortunately, our work schedule doesn't allow us to leave earlier than 515 for a 6pm practice. Any other Westchester parents facing the same issue? Any ideas? Does anyone carpool? Does anyone have any idea at what time regular season practices will be held (also at 6pm or later?). Thanks.
Old 08-18-2018
Unregistered

Why go from westchester to LI for a metro league team?