Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Meadow-Smithtown-KK Partnership

Larry just implied East Meadow will partner with KK to bring ECNL to KK and Lips would be apart of it. Where would they play and does ECNL even matter anymore with GDA?

Thoughts?

East Meadow already has the relationship with Smithtown/Lips essentially for Northeast Girls NPL.

ECNL is still relevant for at least the next couple of years, especially on LI where the GDA clubs are still figuring things out. Unfortunately for the players of this caliber, there is going to be a lot of churn over the next few years as clubs appear/disappear and teams consolidate.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      East Meadow already has the relationship with Smithtown/Lips essentially for Northeast Girls NPL.

ECNL is still relevant for at least the next couple of years, especially on LI where the GDA clubs are still figuring things out. Unfortunately for the players of this caliber, there is going to be a lot of churn over the next few years as clubs appear/disappear and teams consolidate.
      I agree, all girls not in HS yet, GDA is the future. This will be a 2 year benefit.

KK still won't be allowed on town and district fields. Sachem gets 2 home games a year and Smithtown would lose their permits to their fields if they bring in KK players. Town of Smithtown is the most restrictive on the island with 75% town players requirements.

Comment

I agree, all girls not in HS yet, GDA is the future. This will be a 2 year benefit.

KK still won't be allowed on town and district fields. Sachem gets 2 home games a year and Smithtown would lose their permits to their fields if they bring in KK players. Town of Smithtown is the most restrictive on the island with 75% town players requirements.
        Relax, no KK kids using government fields, they are for profit and cant meet school district and town requirements because of the nature of where they draw players from.

After what just happened in Oyster Bay no governments want US Attorneys asking questions about something as stupid as bending their own rules on field permits for youth sports!

Just because someone wants it doesn't mean they will get it and in the end KK will keep playing on the fields they already rent like Granny and Medford.

Gook luck to KK.

Comment

Larry implying would be played at Sachem fields. I wonder who has the lease with the district?

Comment

Larry just implied East Meadow will partner with KK to bring ECNL to KK and Lips would be apart of it. Where would they play and does ECNL even matter anymore with GDA?

Thoughts?
            I actually read the posts and didn't see any where LM implies that, but it's an interesting point. The only real question is, what does KK get out of all this? And please don't say ECNL, because they won't. I can see East Meadow tapping a few Atletico players to be discovery players, but how does that help KK?

Comment

I actually read the posts and didn't see any where LM implies that, but it's an interesting point. The only real question is, what does KK get out of all this? And please don't say ECNL, because they won't. I can see East Meadow tapping a few Atletico players to be discovery players, but how does that help KK?
              KK is currently experiencing a major problem with player counts. Sachem may give them fields but they don't have anything to give them in terms of quality players. Everyone on the boys side are long gone and the girls aren't much better. KK will have much better luck backfilling with Smithtown and East Meadow players than from Sachem.

Not sure that is what is happening but that is something that KK could get out of the deal.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X