Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL season

My U15 daughter is interested in playing for an ECNL team. I have a few quick questions. I went on the ECNL website and looked at the schedule. I see that the season runs from ~March 1 to May 1, 2018. Are there two seasons in the ECNL, a spring and fall season? And how much time prior to the start of the season(s) do practices start. Also, what about post-season play. How long does that last?
    Thanks in advance for your insight.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My U15 daughter is interested in playing for an ECNL team. I have a few quick questions. I went on the ECNL website and looked at the schedule. I see that the season runs from ~March 1 to May 1, 2018. Are there two seasons in the ECNL, a spring and fall season? And how much time prior to the start of the season(s) do practices start. Also, what about post-season play. How long does that last?
    why don't you contact the local ECNL club you will get the answer

Comment

Go to the ECNL website and look at this year's schedule for any U15-U17 team. Playoffs are late spring and early summer.

Comment

Season is pretty much anytime your area isn't in high school season.

Training year round for my daughter, but may differ based on your club. We are in Pittsburgh.

Comment

They take off 3-4 months for high school - not sure if they credit the fees for that period

Comment

They take off 3-4 months for high school - not sure if they credit the fees for that period
            This is not true in Florida.

Comment

This is not true in Florida.
              My experience as an ECNL parent, November through January is when Florida ECNL does take a break for high school play. There is a showcase sprinkled within that time frame, but high school season pulls most of the girls away from ECNL play, and therefore we do break from our ECNL season competitions.

Comment

My experience as an ECNL parent, November through January is when Florida ECNL does take a break for high school play. There is a showcase sprinkled within that time frame, but high school season pulls most of the girls away from ECNL play, and therefore we do break from our ECNL season competitions.
                That is true almost everywhere. It's too much to do a full-on club season and HS soccer at the same time. Not enough time, no time to rest, not time for homework etc. Some states actually prohibit it or restrict it. Yes a showcase might overlap here or there but for the most part whenever your HS season is (which varies around the US) that's when there's little ECNL activity.

Comment

Da is 10 months - minimal break and they are cheaper here in south Florida - I’m not a numbers guy but someone is getting ripped off.

Comment

Da is 10 months - minimal break and they are cheaper here in south Florida - I’m not a numbers guy but someone is getting ripped off.
                    I live in Atlanta and my kid plays DA and before that ECNL. Both have positives and negatives. Depending on your kids situation those Pos and Neg will differ. Regarding getting ripped off, both are expensive. For me being ripped off was playing R3PL and playing rec teams while traveling hours spending $$ for Gas, Hotel, food, coaches expenses and fees which were more expensive than my ECNL season.

My kid is committed due to playing against high level teams and players and competing well. There was nothing like going up against recruits from major schools and my kid playing very well and in some instances better than high level d1 commits. Since my kids College is paid for, I feel like I am earning my $$ back from those years of soccer as well as the one remaining year she has left. Hopefully you can regain your investment from the leagues you are currently saving money in.

Comment

Found the expense difference to be true for our son. ECNL amount really not much more then travel but for some reason non ECNL clubs are pitching this myth to keep players.

Comment

I live in Atlanta and my kid plays DA and before that ECNL. Both have positives and negatives. Depending on your kids situation those Pos and Neg will differ. Regarding getting ripped off, both are expensive. For me being ripped off was playing R3PL and playing rec teams while traveling hours spending $$ for Gas, Hotel, food, coaches expenses and fees which were more expensive than my ECNL season.

My kid is committed due to playing against high level teams and players and competing well. There was nothing like going up against recruits from major schools and my kid playing very well and in some instances better than high level d1 commits. Since my kids College is paid for, I feel like I am earning my $$ back from those years of soccer as well as the one remaining year she has left. Hopefully you can regain your investment from the leagues you are currently saving money in.
                        I call BS on this. ECNL was crap three years ago and GDA wasn't around

Comment

I call BS on this. ECNL was crap three years ago and GDA wasn't around
                          OK Stupid...thats why most every good club was tring to get an ECNL team. Additionally, most of the national team pool and players came from ECNL clubs. You are an idiot! Go back to SFUYSA and get a medal.

Comment

Parents need to speak up...the travel that these teams are doing especially at u13-u15 for these leagues is absolutely unnecessary. I am a fan of ECNL, but again u14 traveling to Alabama for a league game? Really? Keep league travel to a reasonable distance for league play and go to two tournaments/showcases that require plane, trains and automobiles to two a year plus one or two local tournaments. Let’s get our senses back. Our club is doing a concord tournament in Angust after two weeks of being together...what in the world are we doing???

Comment

Parents need to speak up...the travel that these teams are doing especially at u13-u15 for these leagues is absolutely unnecessary. I am a fan of ECNL, but again u14 traveling to Alabama for a league game? Really? Keep league travel to a reasonable distance for league play and go to two tournaments/showcases that require plane, trains and automobiles to two a year plus one or two local tournaments. Let’s get our senses back. Our club is doing a concord tournament in Angust after two weeks of being together...what in the world are we doing???
                              Not to be flippant about some families not being able to afford the trips but we really enjoy these trips. Checking out new cities, visiting nearby college campuses, sitting around the hotel pool drinking with other parents, etc. I know they are not for everybody so we are fortunate that our club schedules a few "players only rooms" (for ages above U14) so that only the player has to travel and the family can save the money.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X