Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    At the stronger academic schools the coaches deal with "AI" or Academic Index. Let's say the team needs to average 1200 SAT (its more complicated than that but the example holds) and they are recruiting a killer player that got an 1100. They need a kid with 1300 to be able to get the 1200 "IN". So a slightly weaker player looks good to the coach to help raise his teams AI.
    Totally agree with this, however what you describe is admissions selectivity (inputs). Is that what is meant by "strong academics"? Is college really about telling the world you went somewhere few others could?

Personally, I think the answer is actually "Yes"' and I think most people are uncomfortable admitting that it is mostly about elitism and snobbery. no one actually knows what "strong academics" is beyond the size of the line on the other side of the College's velvet rope

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Totally agree with this, however what you describe is admissions selectivity (inputs). Is that what is meant by "strong academics"? Is college really about telling the world you went somewhere few others could?

Personally, I think the answer is actually "Yes"' and I think most people are uncomfortable admitting that it is mostly about elitism and snobbery. no one actually knows what "strong academics" is beyond the size of the line on the other side of the College's velvet rope
      That depends, where you went to school matters in certain occupations, say doctor or investments. Do you want your heart surgery with a guy from Harvard or a guy from University of Aruba? Right or wrong, selective schools offer easier opportunity to graduates.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X