•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please rank these divisions best to worst I have no clue

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's probably best to put them in tiers:

GDA and ECNL are the top of the Girls. There are numerous threads debating both -- they each have their place.

Then, below that, you have NPL and now EDP's National League battling for regional play that leads to national championships.

Look at clubs and coaches specific to your age group.
    Ok, so at this point my daughter probably needs a year of seasoning before ECNL.
    Local teams we are looking at are in the girls 04.

****Question:a coach said his team would becolaying in EDP national. are they referring to edp NPL or something else ?
    ****Also please rank the level of play of teams in the following leagues/ divisions: (I am so confused) and please explain.
    -NORTHEAST PDP ,
    -EDP National league
    -EDP 1st division north (New York surf)
    -EDP premier north 1 (Leicester city ( em) )nye

Comment

Ok, so at this point my daughter probably needs a year of seasoning before ECNL.

****Question:a coach said his team would becolaying in EDP national. are they referring to edp NPL or something else ?
      ****Also please rank the level of play of teams in the following leagues/ divisions: (I am so confused) and please explain.
      -NORTHEAST PDP ,
      -EDP National league
      EDP is revamping. EDP National League is their new structure. See https://www.edpsoccer.com/leagueregistration for the pyramid. In the current season, 1st Division North is going to be the harder division...the order of the divisions indicates their supposed competitiveness: https://www.edpsoccer.com/springschedule18.

Northeast PDP is not a league. PDP programs are secondary training sessions. Some are pay to play, some are free. Depends on the league offering it.

Comment

-NORTHEAST PDP ,
        -EDP National league
        PDP isn't a league. It's a program.

EDP National League = Nationwide program, highest level of USYSA. Teams have to do well in their National League Conference to get promoted.

EDP National League Conference = USYSA regional program, replaces Region 1's Eastern Regional League. Main difference is that it breaks down Region 1 into four conferences to make travel less burdensome. Teams have to apply based on their merits to enter.

EDP D1 North (and for that matter D2, Premier, Champion, etc) are using USYSA passes but are not part of the USYSA pyramid. It's an independent regional league just like it is currently under US Club. This is a departure from normal USYSA practice to allow this but I think it was too good an opportunity for USYSA to pass up. In one fell swoop they have potentially poached up to 3,500 teams from US Club.

There will probably be similar talent at the top of EDP National League Conference and EDP D1 North. The big difference will be the NLC teams will have the opportunity to play in season ending national playoffs and be eligible for promotion to the nationwide league. But it comes with the "price" of having to follow more rules where in EDP D1 it's going to be the wild west just like it was under US Club.

Comment

EDP is revamping. EDP National League is their new structure. See https://www.edpsoccer.com/leagueregistration for the pyramid. In the current season, 1st Division North is going to be the harder division...the order of the divisions indicates their supposed competitiveness: https://www.edpsoccer.com/springschedule18.

Northeast PDP is not a league. PDP programs are secondary training sessions. Some are pay to play, some are free. Depends on the league offering it.
          I meant Nprtheast NLP. That was a typo from autocorrect.

Comment

I meant Nprtheast NLP. That was a typo from autocorrect.
            I think you meant Northeast NPL not Npl . So does someone know where northeast Npl would fall compared to the current edp teams in the post above , that is edp 1st division north and edp premier north 1
            And the proposed edp bational league.

Thanks.

Comment

Northeast NPL has some very good clubs/teams as well as some lesser ones. What age group are you asking about and where do you live?

Comment

Northeast NPL has some very good clubs/teams as well as some lesser ones. What age group are you asking about and where do you live?
                girls 2004 north mid nassau county. child is probably right below ecnl.

Comment

Your location is tough if you don't think your child is an ECNL player yet. The reason I say that is the Albertson NPL team just isn't very good and the East Meadow NPL team, which is much better, trains and plays out of Smithtown. EM has a team that plays in EDP that is decent, but may be below what you're looking for. The only other NPL team on long island is SUSA and they are (1) far from you, and (2) not very good. SUSA is also in flux now that they have ECNL so I would imagine their NPL team will be even worse.

Comment

Take a look at the current standings in both EDP and NYCSL for that age group. You will find a few Nassau-based clubs. Too many people have opinions on this board, so I will refrain from listing them. All are going to have pros and cons...figure out how much travel and $$$ you want to spend as well, as that will influence which options are appropriate.

Comment

This is a good idea too. It's all about what's best for your daughter. That's all that matters.

Comment

Most clubs are holding open training sessions select a few clubs go to their websire and fund out the dates and times best of luck

Comment

Take her to NYCFC, and change her life.

Comment

I feel like EDP is turning USYS into the wild, wild west! Suddenly almost every team out there is playing in the National League, and if not they just create a new conference-club v club, U16 DA rejects, etc
                            I prefer the old system, top to bottom structure clear definition of what's what. This just feels like a mess...
                            U16 DA rejects? You clearly have no idea how the soccer landscape is changing or you'd start to see how US soccer is taking DA to another level.

Comment

U16 DA rejects? You clearly have no idea how the soccer landscape is changing or you'd start to see how US soccer is taking DA to another level.
                              Are they taking GDA to another level? That has to happen first! And yes, it is for the players who did not make the combined U16/U17 team that want to tag along for another year in the hopes they make it the following year. It's not a great path, but gives the clubs something to keep the players inhouse and contribute to their profits. GDA is only 4 teams, so adding another one just helps the bottom line.

Comment

Cosmopolitan Junior Soccer League-Elite Player League
                                Im looking more info about this new league.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X