X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Dear CU parent,
    Please be honest with yourself. She is the team with a good supporting cast.
    Maybe so. But if she is all the things posters are saying she is (on and off the field), she will attract other top players to CU. She's getting national attention and recognition and already has a verbal D1 commit to her first choice school (as a freshman). And she didn't have to give up HS soccer or other sports. Sounds like a win-win for her.

Comment

Maybe so. But if she is all the things posters are saying she is (on and off the field), she will attract other top players to CU. She's getting national attention and recognition and already has a verbal D1 commit to her first choice school (as a freshman). And she didn't have to give up HS soccer or other sports. Sounds like a win-win for her.
      "verbal D1 commit" is an oxymoron.

Not to distract from the Tualatin Tornado, who is an awesome player, but verbals involve about as much commitment as a date made on Ashley Madison.

Comment

03 CU team is a one trick pony. Who would they be without their best and only scoring player?
        Same place as GPS 03's - nowhere.

Comment

These two teams are miles a part. CU improved immensely through recruitment and GPS went backwards.

Comment

You are an idiot. "Nowhere" is playing for a National Championship. My daughter has friends at CU. I have people I consider friends that are parents at CU. I hope you aren't one of them, I would be really disappointed. I tend to think you are not a parent. I have never rooted against them because in the real world, success isn't mutually exclusive. You should check that real world out sometime. It's a good place to be.

Comment

These two teams are miles a part. CU improved immensely through recruitment and GPS went backwards.
              CU needed to drag more people in because their development wasn't near as good as GPS

GPS didn't need to cold call players, they actually did what they said they were.

CU will never be as good as GPS unless GPS breaks up.

Sorry about the facts

Comment

Imagine if someone with national level talent played on a DA squad.

They would have to give up hs rec in order to represent the country.

HS soccer is just too important to give up.

Do you have any clue how stoooopid your posts read.

Comment

Takes a team... just ask Messi why he hasn’t won a WC. I’m sure you have his number.
                  He plays against professional world class male athletes ,not recreational teenage girls who love playing HS. Jus sayin

Comment

If like her, the supastar newcomers have all their fees and travel covered by the other team parents, they might land another one. Not likely.

Comment

You are an idiot. "Nowhere" is playing for a National Championship. My daughter has friends at CU. I have people I consider friends that are parents at CU. I hope you aren't one of them, I would be really disappointed. I tend to think you are not a parent. I have never rooted against them because in the real world, success isn't mutually exclusive. You should check that real world out sometime. It's a good place to be.

Since we live in a state were head to cpmpetition is forbidden, for fear of being exposed as a fraud, you have a point.

Comment

CU needed to drag more people in because their development wasn't near as good as GPS

GPS didn't need to cold call players, they actually did what they said they were.

CU will never be as good as GPS unless GPS breaks up.

Sorry about the facts
                        How many of the GPS developed kids have committed to a school?

Comment

Imagine if someone with national level talent played on a DA squad.

They would have to give up hs rec in order to represent the country.

HS soccer is just too important to give up.

Do you have any clue how stoooopid your posts read.
                          It’s called balance, nitwit. Not burning your kid out or letting her burn herself out. For a player like CT, soccer is a marathon. Do you have any idea how many talented kids quit early in college? It’s because they are finally free from Mommy and daddy and the constant pressure to make soccer their only priority 24-7. Playing other sports including HS soccer might be beneath what you see as your little Alex’s lofty talents. But if it is fun and gives her a respite from the high pressure side of sports, and helps her remember why she loved the sport in the first place, why is that a bad thing? Because some honk at Thorns GDA told you it was bad? Talk about stoopid.

Comment

It’s called balance, nitwit. Not burning your kid out or letting her burn herself out. For a player like CT, soccer is a marathon. Do you have any idea how many talented kids quit early in college? It’s because they are finally free from Mommy and daddy and the constant pressure to make soccer their only priority 24-7. Playing other sports including HS soccer might be beneath what you see as your little Alex’s lofty talents. But if it is fun and gives her a respite from the high pressure side of sports, and helps her remember why she loved the sport in the first place, why is that a bad thing? Because some honk at Thorns GDA told you it was bad? Talk about stoopid.

High pressure of Oregon Club Rec soccer...You need help.

Carrying a rec team can be stressful on 2nd thought.

Great point, time to move, on to better less stressful places.

Comment

High pressure of Oregon Club Rec soccer...You need help.

Carrying a rec team can be stressful on 2nd thought.

Great point, time to move, on to better less stressful places.
                              You are an idiot. Post you are responding to made great points and must have touched a nerve. Get over it. Know when you are beat and go away Thorns boy!!!

Comment

Can I interrupt this fascination discussion for a moment? Just wanted to say that you all really need to get a life. That's all. Carry on.

You really have nothing better to do? I know I don't, but come on you have to have something better to do.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X