Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the puck should I coach

Why would anyone want to coach children football ?
    To be a coach at grassroots level takes a lot of thinking about. before you decide to do it . Yes it can be rewarding but also will take all of your weekend time away , it can be a thankless task . You can spend an awful lot of time with stroppy kids and demanding and ungrateful parents . It is nice to see the kids develop and gain confidence. And also enjoy matches and to see them make friends and enjoy the social side . It's not so nice to find out that they are being bullied at school because of the team they play for or the result from the weekend match . Also not nice for your child to hear other players and parents say nasty things about you .if you are coaching at a big club you will have the opinion of every other manager and chairperson , good or bad . Maybe it's just an English thing , but you can't do right for doing right . I'm not really having a winger but would like you to think hard before you deside . I am very interested in your input please .

Based on your rant I believe you should persue a career in road kill cleanup.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Why would anyone want to coach children football ?
      To be a coach at grassroots level takes a lot of thinking about. before you decide to do it . Yes it can be rewarding but also will take all of your weekend time away , it can be a thankless task . You can spend an awful lot of time with stroppy kids and demanding and ungrateful parents . It is nice to see the kids develop and gain confidence. And also enjoy matches and to see them make friends and enjoy the social side . It's not so nice to find out that they are being bullied at school because of the team they play for or the result from the weekend match . Also not nice for your child to hear other players and parents say nasty things about you .if you are coaching at a big club you will have the opinion of every other manager and chairperson , good or bad . Maybe it's just an English thing , but you can't do right for doing right . I'm not really having a winger but would like you to think hard before you deside . I am very interested in your input please .
      Please let this be genius satire. If a genuine person wrote this, good grief.

Comment

The genius that wrote this is unfairly outdone by the accidental hilarity of Mr Road Kill biting his lip over spelling of pursue

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          The genius that wrote this is unfairly outdone by the accidental hilarity of Mr Road Kill biting his lip over spelling of pursue
          Or, perhaps, he intended to spell "peruse." That makes sense, I guess.

Based on your rant I believe you should peruse a career in road kill cleanup.

Comment

When I was conscripted into coaching soccer, I had never played it and had no clue. The blind leading the blind. Fortunately the 10 year old refs blew the whistle when the kids did something wrong, hence facilitating a rudimentary understanding of beehive soccer. At least today’s emerging adults have largely played some soccer. Let’s hope for better things.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X