X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    DC United is mostly pay to play
    They are one of the few MLS clubs, maybe only?, that charges but supposedly the fee is reasonable. A few other MLS clubs have residency programs.

Comment

They are one of the few MLS clubs, maybe only?, that charges but supposedly the fee is reasonable. A few other MLS clubs have residency programs.
      Very very few have a true residency program. RSL is the leader with there new facility while others only have a home stay program where they place players with host families.

Comment

philadelphiaunion

https://www.philadelphiaunion.com/youth one the best program in the country

Comment

https://www.philadelphiaunion.com/youth one the best program in the country
          Home stay where kids stay with host families and the school is run by a outside company. Not close to a true residency.

Comment

Home stay where kids stay with host families and the school is run by a outside company. Not close to a true residency.
            We may never get to that. Cost is obviously a huge issue, but so is the school piece. Parents need to have reassurances that their children's education won't suffer. Having host families make a good deal of sense - they have a immediate stand in parents when issues arise, they won't feel so isolated, they can attend (hopefully) a decent quality public school, and obviously the cost would be much lower. Some have suggested clubs starting their own schools or affiliating with a private school, but that would be far more expensive and cumbersome. Clubs dont' want to get involved with education - and they shouldn't.

Comment

Philadelphia union

Bro everting rum through Philadelphia Union if you don’t like staying in Kendall o Weston

Comment

Bro everting rum through Philadelphia Union if you don’t like staying in Kendall o Weston
                Speaking of rum, looks like you had quite a lot of rum before you posted late last night

Comment

So I dropped my 04 off at Barca academy last weekend. Ended up paying about 25% of the actual cost. Well worth it with full time soccer, great training, great facilities, and a very good school on site. Teams should be very competitive this year with probably the u19 most competitive to make as the 01 group made it to final 4 last year. U15 had 300 try out.My son recruited to 2 south Florida da but this much better for anyone looking for professional environment

Comment

So I dropped my 04 off at Barca academy last weekend. Ended up paying about 25% of the actual cost. Well worth it with full time soccer, great training, great facilities, and a very good school on site. Teams should be very competitive this year with probably the u19 most competitive to make as the 01 group made it to final 4 last year. U15 had 300 try out.My son recruited to 2 south Florida da but this much better for anyone looking for professional environment
                    What is the name of your little Messi? We would like to follow him in his career. You must be a very proud Daddy. How did he get so good that he could beat all of those players trying out? Does he have an agent yet?

Comment

What is the name of your little Messi? We would like to follow him in his career. You must be a very proud Daddy. How did he get so good that he could beat all of those players trying out? Does he have an agent yet?
                      Just letting people know good environment anyone thinking of trying

Comment

What a sad little hater you are. I’d recommend a new hobby than ripping others succcess. Something that you won’t be a total loser at.

Congrats to your son.

Comment

What a sad little hater you are. I’d recommend a new hobby than ripping others succcess. Something that you won’t be a total loser at.

Congrats to your son.
                          Thank you. I think it’s a situation where real players can flourish.

Comment

Congrats!

Congratulations! He most be very committed to move out of state for soccer... How often do you plan to visit him? Do you know which showcases are they playing?

I heard the Academy is well run, the school ASU Prep is very good and the kids there are very nice and well behaved... is it true..?

Comment

What a frustrated loser comment.

Comment

Philadelphia Union and FC Dallas are the two best DA programs. Union have a quality on site school. It’s extremely competitive. There have been a number of FL kids at Union but I don’t think they lasted.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X