Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 04-16-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
good to hear. you meant that tryout for RDS regional, right?
how many kids were there ?
They had about 40 kids at that one location. RDS held tryouts at 3 locations with roughly 200 players for each group.
Old 04-16-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
They had about 40 kids at that one location. RDS held tryouts at 3 locations with roughly 200 players for each group.
thank you for the info~ its a lot..
Old 04-17-2018
Unregistered

most responders here totally missed question. OP asking not about RDS but RDS Regional Teams. My son is on one now and they have been great. Low 10:1 ratio, great instructors, highly professional organization, communication etc. Also, many free or low cost added sessions, tournaments, camps etc. It can be a bit more driving but if you can manage it - totally worth it. Yes - only 2-3 per team likely to end up at academy, but thats not so different than regular DAs. For my rising 7th grader at a DA, probably only 2-3 of the original team of 25 3rd graders will be on DA next year.
Old 04-17-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
most responders here totally missed question. OP asking not about RDS but RDS Regional Teams. My son is on one now and they have been great. Low 10:1 ratio, great instructors, highly professional organization, communication etc. Also, many free or low cost added sessions, tournaments, camps etc. It can be a bit more driving but if you can manage it - totally worth it. Yes - only 2-3 per team likely to end up at academy, but thats not so different than regular DAs. For my rising 7th grader at a DA, probably only 2-3 of the original team of 25 3rd graders will be on DA next year.
I heard RDS team is good , but cost is $2900 + uniform $400-500 + games + optional practice is at NJ + low cost added sessions + camp. I thing its very high for 9 & 10 years boys
Old 04-17-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
I heard RDS team is good , but cost is $2900 + uniform $400-500 + games + optional practice is at NJ + low cost added sessions + camp. I thing its very high for 9 & 10 years boys
I agree especially if they already play on another team too. My son plays on SUSA and we will keep him there. They are around the same cost. SO its 6k a yr for soccer. I want my kid pushed. I feel he has talent and does very well on his team. But 6k is a big nut.
Old 04-17-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
what's the difference between the regional and the standard RDS? The competition seemed the same. Is the regional more of a commitment?
Old 04-17-2018
Unregistered

Standard "RDS" consists of supplemental training clinics and camps, which are tryout based.

RDS Regional Teams are actual teams playing in pre-Academy age groups (this year was 08s and 07s), From these teams (there were 3 teams playing EDP) they will probably select 2-3 kids from each to move on to Red Bulls Academy. So figure next year the Red Bulls U12 team may consist of some kids (7-10 kids?) from the 3 RDS teams and the rest they've gone out and found outside from other clubs.
Old 04-17-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Standard "RDS" consists of supplemental training clinics and camps, which are tryout based.

RDS Regional Teams are actual teams playing in pre-Academy age groups (this year was 08s and 07s), From these teams (there were 3 teams playing EDP) they will probably select 2-3 kids from each to move on to Red Bulls Academy. So figure next year the Red Bulls U12 team may consist of some kids (7-10 kids?) from the 3 RDS teams and the rest they've gone out and found outside from other clubs.
Can my son still play NYCSL if picked?
Old 04-17-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Can my son still play NYCSL if picked?
yes, you can play dual carding. but 1st tryout was last week.
Old 04-17-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
I agree especially if they already play on another team too. My son plays on SUSA and we will keep him there. They are around the same cost. SO its 6k a yr for soccer. I want my kid pushed. I feel he has talent and does very well on his team. But 6k is a big nut.
Your son should be playing on Barca Academy NY if you want him to be pushed and trained correctly. Forca Barca!