Barrington

On the road for Playoffs:
    Cumberland
    Bay View

Comment

What happened to the best keeper in RI. Lost to BV

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I believe Prout has cancelled both that game and today's game v Lincoln (which was a makeup? Great, the Prout kids will be playing something like 6 games in a 10 day span..bite the bullet and ask SK, NK, URI, or Narragansett for a playable field...
        Well... I don't feel bad for Prout. That field should have been ruled unplayable and not acceptable years ago.

Comment

Bayview 3 Scituate 1 today.
          Wowwwwww

Comment

What did happen?

Comment

Same thing that probably happened to the team with another good keeper that blew a two goal lead to a not very strong team yesterday!!!!!

Comment

Well, looks like Cumberland is finding their stride! Beat rival Lincoln 3-1. In another year, this team looks to be better than it’s been in years.

Comment

Same thing that probably happened to the team with another good keeper that blew a two goal lead to a not very strong team yesterday!!!!!
                  Bad tie by SK. The strategy is to end up with the 2 or 3 seed - that semi is on a turf field against most likely another grass team (Smithfield, SK, NK most likely) and then get LSA on the crappy RIC field hopefully in bad weather.

SK needs to be careful - probable loss to LSA and then still have Smithfield. Don't want to be the 4 seed.

What's happened to Portsmouth? - have played more of the upper half of the division, but still rough start.

Teams shouldn't have games on a holiday - I get athletes make a commitment in season, but players/families should have holidays off. Just another example of poor planning by RIIL - as noted earlier, 4 divisions, less games.

Prout - 6 games in 8 days..speaking of poor management.

D2 would be fantastic this year if RIIL had swapped Pilgrim and Burrillville.

Comment

Well, looks like Cumberland is finding their stride! Beat rival Lincoln 3-1. In another year, this team looks to be better than it’s been in years.
                    I saw the game last night and have watched Cumberland for the last couple of years. First, nothing will approach the Cumberland team from 2 years ago, Monsters, maybe the best COMPLETE public school team in a decade. Should have been State Champs, gave up a goal late to LSA and lost 1-0. They had two All-State players who were true all-state and a solid 11 player starting roster where everyone had skills. As far as last night's game, worth mentioning that LHS had to start their 3rd-string frosh keeper who can't be more that 5'0", there was some communication issues early and they allowed 3 goals in the first half. Second half was all Lincoln. I would guess 12 shots on goal, 3 that clanked off the bars. A win is a win but neither team is going to make any noise in the post season.

Comment

Bad tie by SK. The strategy is to end up with the 2 or 3 seed - that semi is on a turf field against most likely another grass team (Smithfield, SK, NK most likely) and then get LSA on the crappy RIC field hopefully in bad weather.

SK needs to be careful - probable loss to LSA and then still have Smithfield. Don't want to be the 4 seed.

What's happened to Portsmouth? - have played more of the upper half of the division, but still rough start.

Teams shouldn't have games on a holiday - I get athletes make a commitment in season, but players/families should have holidays off. Just another example of poor planning by RIIL - as noted earlier, 4 divisions, less games.

Prout - 6 games in 8 days..speaking of poor management.

D2 would be fantastic this year if RIIL had swapped Pilgrim and Burrillville.
                      I agree with your point on Holiday games. I also think it's wrong to ask these kids to be playing on Saturdays, football is one thing, it has been that way for decades, but is seems more and more common to be scheduling soccer games on Saturdays.

Comment

Watch for CW to romp over NK tonight as they begin their drive for the playoffs!

Comment

Watch for CW to romp over NK tonight as they begin their drive for the playoffs!
                          That will be interesting - usually a trap kind of game for NK teams that causes them to fall out of the race for 3rd seed.

Head down to SK to see the SK-Scituate game!

I don't mind a couple of Saturdays if it meant a day off during the week to catch up - but holidays should be no activities.

Comment

I agree with your point on Holiday games. I also think it's wrong to ask these kids to be playing on Saturdays, football is one thing, it has been that way for decades, but is seems more and more common to be scheduling soccer games on Saturdays.
                            Boo Hoo. lol

Comment

That will be interesting - usually a trap kind of game for NK teams that causes them to fall out of the race for 3rd seed.

Head down to SK to see the SK-Scituate game!

I don't mind a couple of Saturdays if it meant a day off during the week to catch up - but holidays should be no activities.
                              Trap kind of game? Are you insinuating that CW is not very good and will be lucky to beat NK, or whoever? Obviously you haven't watched any of our games. We could very well be fighting for 3rd seed as well. Let's see how the next couple of weeks play out.
                              I agree on holidays with no activities scheduled. RIIL owns the blame on that. Cram as much into the season as possible and get the season done. Puts pressure on everyone involved in all sports.
                              SK with another big win! SK GK even had an assist in this one I see.

Comment

Trap kind of game? Are you insinuating that CW is not very good and will be lucky to beat NK, or whoever? Obviously you haven't watched any of our games. We could very well be fighting for 3rd seed as well. Let's see how the next couple of weeks play out.
                                I agree on holidays with no activities scheduled. RIIL owns the blame on that. Cram as much into the season as possible and get the season done. Puts pressure on everyone involved in all sports.
                                SK with another big win! SK GK even had an assist in this one I see.
                                Fighting for a third seed???? lol

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X