GU15 EMSC Smithtown Cosmos Open Practices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ijust stumbled on this post , how did the practice tryouts go. This is a good bunch of kids from what I've seen. Any new players show up or just the locals from Smithtown, vob, etc.

Comment

Hello,
      Thanks for your interest with our post. To answer some of the comments posted, we're having open practices next week because our primary focus has been preparing for the NPL Regional Playoffs which are this weekend. If we advance we'll head to the Nationals in Colorado next month. As we all know, this is a crazy time of year for these kids with regents and finals and what not. There is no point stressing the girls out with tryouts on top of that. While we don't anticipate many changes there could be some. Therefore, we're inviting girls down who'd like to check out our practices and train in with us. It's a friendly competitive group who work hard and strive to do their best on the field. Their overall team efforts have truly paid off and it's been a pleasure to watch.

So just a reminder: Cosmos Open Practice Sessions are Tuesday and Wednesday, June 19th and 20th from 5:00-6:30 pm at Moriches Rd. Park - North Field
      Address: 291 Moriches Road, St. James, NY 11780

Please contact our Trainer Mark Dawson: mark.dawson@liu.edu if you have any questions.

Thank you and see you at the fields!

Wayne

Comment

thank;you this is a very nicely worded post. Thanks for the info.
        It says "next week" does that mean tomorrow, wednesday and also next week too?
        Good luck at your playoffs next week/
        What is the roster size you are looking to field? What positions are needed/wanted most? Dont know if it is of interest for a field player to come as I hear you are looking for keepers?

Comment

Yeah I'm calling BS on this "we care too much about the kids to stress them out with tryouts" crap. My kid goes to school with a couple players on this team and my kid thought about coming down after she just got completely screwed over by her current club, but your line of BS sounds just like theirs-that it's all for the good of the kids. Yeah right.

All the other clubs had tryouts in May, starting the first week of May, no kids were thinking about school finals of playoffs that were over a month and a half away. I checked this team out and they have a pretty good record, but there's already 21 players on the roster. How many more can you even add to a 21 player roster? Plus my kid's friends said there are a couple girls every week that don't even play. How does that work out for them?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but some of us that are looking for new teams have just been through a whirlwind for the last couple of months of our club spinning a bunch of BS and lies to fit their agenda, meanwhile it seems everyone else knew what was going to happen. Not looking to jump on that roller coaster again!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Yeah I'm calling BS on this "we care too much about the kids to stress them out with tryouts" crap. My kid goes to school with a couple players on this team and my kid thought about coming down after she just got completely screwed over by her current club, but your line of BS sounds just like theirs-that it's all for the good of the kids. Yeah right.

All the other clubs had tryouts in May, starting the first week of May, no kids were thinking about school finals of playoffs that were over a month and a half away. I checked this team out and they have a pretty good record, but there's already 21 players on the roster. How many more can you even add to a 21 player roster? Plus my kid's friends said there are a couple girls every week that don't even play. How does that work out for them?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but some of us that are looking for new teams have just been through a whirlwind for the last couple of months of our club spinning a bunch of BS and lies to fit their agenda, meanwhile it seems everyone else knew what was going to happen. Not looking to jump on that roller coaster again!
            They are probably losing a few players...read between the lines.

Comment

I understand what you are saying. This team has had open practices every Tuesday for a month now and have had players come down and train. They are looking for one more opportunity after playoffs to invite kids down who couldn’t attend on those Tuesdays.

Comment

I understand what you are saying. This team has had open practices every Tuesday for a month now and have had players come down and train. They are looking for one more opportunity after playoffs to invite kids down who couldn’t attend on those Tuesdays.
                That's a lot different than-we didn't want to the kids to be stressed out during finals as they get ready for playoffs, isn't it?
                And still, who would send their kid to a team that's already leaving 3 kids off the game day roster every week?
                Thanks, but no thanks
                Good luck to the kids in playoffs

Comment

Hello,
                  Sorry, that your information is a little off. Is it unrealistic to to say that when every kid is coming down to practice and working their tails off in pursuit of a team goal, going to the Nationals, that they set in a winter training session that we should still hold early tryouts? For what purpose? Right know they're just a great group of kids looking to compete, but also facing their end of the year school assessments. Kids are supposed to be enjoying this age of their lives. Thank you to the posters who get that!

If at season's end a player wishes to pursue another opportunity, then maybe another dedicated hard working girl will have an opportunity. Also, just a side note their are 19 active players on the roster. No offense meant to anyone... we're just trying to do the right thing for our team.

We wish everyone the best with their tryouts and hope that it is a positive experience for all.

Comment

Active or non active , they are still listed on your roster as members of the team. what makes them inactive ( i suppose injury, but that means they still are members and will be back on the team once injury subsides I guess. Either way , no thanks to that large a team. ANy time anyone is left off the roster it sucks forall. Parents pay for an entire season of games and tournaments, not 3/4 of them. PLUS most importantly kids want to play . I bet your kid plays all the time...well goody for you....imagine not being that kid who can I'm sure play just as good as yours if given the same opportunity . Anyway,
                    Even though I may sound negative, I do think they have a grat chance of going to Nationals. where they may get to play the same age group SUSA team. Imagine that.

Comment

Active or non active , they are still listed on your roster as members of the team. what makes them inactive ( i suppose injury, but that means they still are members and will be back on the team once injury subsides I guess. Either way , no thanks to that large a team. ANy time anyone is left off the roster it sucks forall. Parents pay for an entire season of games and tournaments, not 3/4 of them. PLUS most importantly kids want to play . I bet your kid plays all the time...well goody for you....imagine not being that kid who can I'm sure play just as good as yours if given the same opportunity . Anyway,
                      Even though I may sound negative, I do think they have a grat chance of going to Nationals. where they may get to play the same age group SUSA team. Imagine that.
                      Check it out if you are interested...the issue is that no one knows the final counts as there is so much movement among clubs and other league choices now. Or talk to the coach directly to understand the situation. You keep posting the same thing.

Comment

Different "Nationals". Susa won the State Cup and are playing in the National Cup. Cosmos are playing in NE NPL playoffs trying to earn a bid to NPL Nationals.
                        Cedar Stars (fka NJ Crush) won the 2004 NYCSL NPL

Good luck to all the LI teams though, I'd love to see my kid's team get to one of these competitions!

Comment

My kid is a 2004 GK and is very interested, but has a couple questions. Are you looking for a primary GK or a back-up GK and how many GKs are you looking to carry on the team?

She's the primary on her current team, but frequently splits games with another GK, just wondering what you're looking for.

Also, does the club provide seperate GK training or do GKs follow the same training regimen as field players?
                          Any info you can provide would be appreciated! Thanks!

Great questions... also you should ask how GKs are integrated into practices (will be very important for your daughter's future development).
                          Note GK competition at this age is a good and motivating thing- might appear to be counter productive but is not.
                          Also ask about coach's previous work with GKs - any play in college?

Comment

There were a lot of those kids at the susa tryouts bashing the team and the club. I’d ask a lot of questions. Maybe they’re just sour grapes

Comment

There were a lot of those kids at the susa tryouts bashing the team and the club. I’d ask a lot of questions. Maybe they’re just sour grapes

A lot of what kids?

Comment

Anyone go to this open practice ? Is the team the same or looking fo rplayers because they are losing some? Open practice tonight also.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X