This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We are talking about the older ages, U13 and above. Below that, i agree, stay at your local club, whatever best meets the player/parents needs and yes let the cream rise to the top. US has a huge cultural challenge of win at all costs even at young ages in all sports. It can be good to drive competition but has many downsides as well.

The point is at older ages the best kids do need to be identified and funneled together. They will develop faster playing, practicing and competeting together. The funneling continues to US region teams and ultimately into team USA national pool players, who are the best of the best of the best of the best. That's 4 levels of funneling/pooling (club, city, region & national). That's how and why it works.

Jacksonville area was late getting invited to the party for DA and still don't have ECNL. If the area clubs don't come together they'll lose the boys DA. JFC won't lose it, they'll be fine. FESA won't get it either. DA will be gone till 2020 or beyond. There is talent in this area but it's the boys that will lose out.
    Exactly. And does it really hurt a single club that much if say 5 of your elite U14 are "on loan" to a Jax top travel team. Start the Armada small with one team at each level and test it. Give players option to play back at home club's top team when no national travel. Jax Armada teams will be known and feared far.

Comment

How????

We are talking about the older ages, U13 and above. Below that, i agree, stay at your local club, whatever best meets the player/parents needs and yes let the cream rise to the top. US has a huge cultural challenge of win at all costs even at young ages in all sports. It can be good to drive competition but has many downsides as well.

The point is at older ages the best kids do need to be identified and funneled together. They will develop faster playing, practicing and competeting together. The funneling continues to US region teams and ultimately into team USA national pool players, who are the best of the best of the best of the best. That's 4 levels of funneling/pooling (club, city, region & national). That's how and why it works.

Jacksonville area was late getting invited to the party for DA and still don't have ECNL. If the area clubs don't come together they'll lose the boys DA. JFC won't lose it, they'll be fine. FESA won't get it either. DA will be gone till 2020 or beyond. There is talent in this area but it's the boys that will lose out.
      Ok, I have to ask. How will the area clubs "lose the boys DA" if they don't come together? Yet "JFC won't lose it, they'll be fine"? Exactly what do you mean?

Not sure if you are a JFC person (if not there are those JFC reps that love to communicate on this post). Is the leadership in JFC willing to "support the area" by developing your boys DA program and supporting another local organization as the lead on the girls side? Or is it that only JFC can be successful? I expect based on the postings on different JAX area threads that you are more inclined to think that JFC is the best option for both boys DA and girls ECNL (or whatever program is best). And that is why we are were we are...

Comment

Yes, for now!

Ok, I have to ask. How will the area clubs "lose the boys DA" if they don't come together? Yet "JFC won't lose it, they'll be fine"? Exactly what do you mean?

Not sure if you are a JFC person (if not there are those JFC reps that love to communicate on this post). Is the leadership in JFC willing to "support the area" by developing your boys DA program and supporting another local organization as the lead on the girls side? Or is it that only JFC can be successful? I expect based on the postings on different JAX area threads that you are more inclined to think that JFC is the best option for both boys DA and girls ECNL (or whatever program is best). And that is why we are were we are...
        Yes, at this point in time JFC is the best option for both DA and ECNL. The main reason is that both require a club to have consistently competitive teams across all age groups. Other clubs have a boys team here or a girls team there, but don't have the same depth of successful teams or players for that matter that JFC does.

Comment

...And there is the problem...

Yes, at this point in time JFC is the best option for both DA and ECNL. The main reason is that both require a club to have consistently competitive teams across all age groups. Other clubs have a boys team here or a girls team there, but don't have the same depth of successful teams or players for that matter that JFC does.
          "Yes, for now !" So you're saying that the other area clubs, who are interested in maintaining their membership and continuing to grow a program, start supporting JFC as the lead for the girls ENCL program, too. Please elaborate on what you mean "for now". If JFC gets the support today, is there a person leading that club who will transfer ECNL to another club later? How long?

Are we in agreement that the ECNL is not coming to JAX next year? If so, why not focus on developing an area wide program of the best girls/boys to represent the JAX area? How about North FL Football Club, with a joint board with one rep from each club? Rotate the presidency (non-voting positon who only breaks ties) throughout program allowing each club to have a second representative in that position for a 1 year cycle. Each club operates independently and selects their best players at each group to tryout and their best coaches (equal representation from each club) for additional duties to represent the NFFC. You can even have an executive director if you like. The board reviews and approves the coaching list. This then guarantees that each club is represented by a coach and board member. Hopefully by having equal representation of coaches from all clubs doing the selections, it won't become too onesided. Then let the chips fall where they may.

Comment

DA????

Ok so I went through the US Youth Soccer Rankings for Florida and gathered information for the best boys team in each club at each age group. Here is what I compiled. I did this quickly so there may be an error or two. However, it is relatively accurate.

JFC Creeks JYS Clay
            U13B 9 63 57 45
            U14B 45 38 49 108
            U15B 45 35 82 12
            U16B 37 64 56 32
            U17B 3 84 81 12

I understand that JFC has 2 top ten teams, but how can you claim that JFC defintely should have DA. You already have a self professed pre DA or DA or something of the sort. Yet that has not allowed you to assemble a top of the line boys program. If I am missing something, please let me know what.

Comment

My kids are at JFC and buy into the DA program for elite player development and exposure. Same thing for ECNL on the girls side. What I mean is JFC will continue to be a large succesful club with or without the DA. Likewise, FESA will successful because of its new merger and numbers. Again, It's the players that lose out.

I do think JFC is better positioned for ECNL too, but think the only way the two sides would support each other is if ECNL went to FESA. Of course, the ideal way is if Jax Armada stepped in with support & leadership similar to MLS DA Clubs.

Comment

Ok so I went through the US Youth Soccer Rankings for Florida and gathered information for the best boys team in each club at each age group. Here is what I compiled. I did this quickly so there may be an error or two. However, it is relatively accurate.

JFC Creeks JYS Clay
                U13B 9 63 57 45
                U14B 45 38 49 108
                U15B 45 35 82 12
                U16B 37 64 56 32
                U17B 3 84 81 12

I understand that JFC has 2 top ten teams, but how can you claim that JFC defintely should have DA. You already have a self professed pre DA or DA or something of the sort. Yet that has not allowed you to assemble a top of the line boys program. If I am missing something, please let me know what.
                JFC 18/19 ranked #1

Comment

JFC Creeks JYS Clay
                  U13B 9 63 57 45
                  U14B 45 38 49 108
                  U15B 45 35 82 12
                  U16B 37 64 56 32
                  U17B 3 84 81 12

You are missing a few things. The JFC U13, U14, U15 & U16 rankings are not completely accurate because of the DA and its impact in several ways. DA runs on international cycles which means January 1 birthdates not August 1 school birthdates. The rankings for the U14 & U15 are actually the B teams for JFC. The rosters and coaches are different. At those age groups its DA, Elite, Premier, but it's all off by a half calendar year. The U13 earned most off its ranking from previous years successes but it's now partial DA. The U16 is coming off last years DA so they had to start building their ranking again. The only accurately ranked team is the U17, which is 3rd.

It's all irrelevant anyway. United States Soccer Federation came to Jacksonville 2 years ago and decided JFC was the club best positioned for DA. END OF STORY.

I don't work, coach or play for JFC. I don't work for USSF either, but USSF made the decision. Support it, fight it, question it, undermine it, or whatever, but know this...IF DA GOES AWAY , IT GOES AWAY FOR EVERYONE!!!

Comment

You are missing a few things. The JFC U13, U14, U15 & U16 rankings are not completely accurate because of the DA and its impact in several ways. DA runs on international cycles which means January 1 birthdates not August 1 school birthdates. The rankings for the U14 & U15 are actually the B teams for JFC. The rosters and coaches are different. At those age groups its DA, Elite, Premier, but it's all off by a half calendar year. The U13 earned most off its ranking from previous years successes but it's now partial DA. The U16 is coming off last years DA so they had to start building their ranking again. The only accurately ranked team is the U17, which is 3rd.

It's all irrelevant anyway. United States Soccer Federation came to Jacksonville 2 years ago and decided JFC was the club best positioned for DA. END OF STORY.

I don't work, coach or play for JFC. I don't work for USSF either, but USSF made the decision. Support it, fight it, question it, undermine it, or whatever, but know this...IF DA GOES AWAY , IT GOES AWAY FOR EVERYONE!!!
                    DA is only u14 age and JFC uses it to try to recruit boys from every club at every level. It is great for JFC and Jax area. Full DA and ECNL bids have a better chance of approval with depth and success that comes from more local clubs supporting.

Comment

Does JFC put players in position to be seen by college coaches?

Comment

I heard that last week when they were at CASL they were seen by more than 90 coaches.

Comment

Who cares about DA? Honestly the main purpose of the DA is about producing Pro players not college.

Comment

Who cares about DA? Honestly the main purpose of the DA is about producing Pro players not college.
                            You're right! DA is about producing 1) US National team players, 2) professional players and finally 3) college players from the leftovers. High school and college fraternities get all the non-DA players.

Best of luck with the non-DA programs.

Comment

This post cracks me up. DA Daddy having to justify the rankings and kids being off in birthdays. Why don't you claim what big tournament or events the U14 DA participated and the results? The best U14 players have gravitated to JFC's DA, many from PV, JYS, and Creeks. How are the true results for DA U14 going?

Comment

It's not the program that makes a player great or good. JFC has 3 U19 teams ranked 1,31,and 36. Only one player on these teams ever played in the DA program. My point these teams are good due to the coaches and the desire of the players. These coaches are some of the best in club and HS in the Jacksonville area.

If people want they can continue to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on a DA program and still not get the results these coaches have accomplished. At the end of the day it's a ball of air, eleven players and the coach that wins or loses not the program.

Comment

Working...
                                X