Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here's hoping they put him in place for now because they plan a long and exhaustive search process and just needed a body. If he's up next and they keep current USSF staff the NT might as well be like the Titanic - at the bottom of the ocean
    Sunil's acknowledgement that his days are numbered and whoever he puts in place will not likely stay.

Every friendly will be a painful reminder we are not going to the WC. Ticket sales and endorsements will dry up and Sunil will be gone.

Comment

What’s most wrong with USMNT is that very few now play in Europe. In the early 200’s all of our top men played in Europe (McBride, Reyna, Howard, Dempsey, etc). Playing in MLS hurts our national team.
      Has nothing to do with that, our guys are not on that elite level except for Howard.

Let’s be for real...Dempsey, McBride, Reyna , Donavan and all the other Vets would never make the starting line up of most countries NT so don’t kid yourself.
      The USNMT is almost like the roster of a HS team, too many with seniority.
      There’s many freshman that are better than their senior teammates but the Coach’s are too stupid to get their feet wet early.

I say get rid of them aside from Pulisic , it will be a painful struggle at first with many loses but in 3 years much better.

Get ride of um all!

Comment

What the F does Sunil know about soccer! Piece of cRap he is.

Comment

Sunil's acknowledgement that his days are numbered and whoever he puts in place will not likely stay.

Every friendly will be a painful reminder we are not going to the WC. Ticket sales and endorsements will dry up and Sunil will be gone.
          This window, they are playing only one friendly and it's in Portugal. Also sitting on $100 million surplus

I would love to believe that Galati's days are numbered but I will believe it when I see it. He's entrenched in power and it's a non paying position. I expect him back.

The bigger questions are can he

1). evolve the USSF from within AND
          2). Hire the correct Men's coach and technical director AND
          3). Not screw up the women's program

You are correct that's is truly an interim coaching position and that's okay. I just wish it wasn't one of the "Gang who couldn't shoot straight."

Comment

Has nothing to do with that, our guys are not on that elite level except for Howard.

Let’s be for real...Dempsey, McBride, Reyna , Donavan and all the other Vets would never make the starting line up of most countries NT so don’t kid yourself.
            The USNMT is almost like the roster of a HS team, too many with seniority.
            There’s many freshman that are better than their senior teammates but the Coach’s are too stupid to get their feet wet early.

I say get rid of them aside from Pulisic , it will be a painful struggle at first with many loses but in 3 years much better.

Get ride of um all!
            Yes somewhat but I’ll add that the European model has no college path, we all have our views on what the US is doing wrong but going from HS to a college platform has to be the biggest dent for US soccer development. It won’t change and I’m fine with that but we should seriously look in supporting the choice of Pro or College play, funding players for pro play after HS instead of wasting the millions elsewhere.

Comment

Yes somewhat but I’ll add that the European model has no college path, we all have our views on what the US is doing wrong but going from HS to a college platform has to be the biggest dent for US soccer development. It won’t change and I’m fine with that but we should seriously look in supporting the choice of Pro or College play, funding players for pro play after HS instead of wasting the millions elsewhere.
              Totally agree. Better rookie pay, guaranteed college funds for those who forgo college. I'd love to see college soccer turn into more like football and basketball where it's farm teams for the pros, but that won't happen any time soon if ever. It still wont match playing profesionally overseas when you're 18-22, but college soccer is so weak right now. So if that wont happen then its time to get creative and find other solutions.

Comment

Not only is the college game weak, it's only a 3 month season. Yes, that's going to change at least on the men's side soon with the implementation of the fall/spring season, but the level is poor. Subbing and huge rosters prohibit the proper playing of the game, or at least the game that's played everywhere else in the world.

Comment

Not only is the college game weak, it's only a 3 month season. Yes, that's going to change at least on the men's side soon with the implementation of the fall/spring season, but the level is poor. Subbing and huge rosters prohibit the proper playing of the game, or at least the game that's played everywhere else in the world.
                  No way in hell a full year gets approved. Schools don't want it because it costs them money and soccer is a non revenue sport. Schools and the NCAA don't want it because then other sports will want full year. Regardless, it wouldn't help because it's still lousy coaching and competition. More of something bad doesn't make it better.

Comment

No way in hell a full year gets approved. Schools don't want it because it costs them money and soccer is a non revenue sport. Schools and the NCAA don't want it because then other sports will want full year. Regardless, it wouldn't help because it's still lousy coaching and competition. More of something bad doesn't make it better.
                    Remember this post

Comment

Totally agree. Better rookie pay, guaranteed college funds for those who forgo college. I'd love to see college soccer turn into more like football and basketball where it's farm teams for the pros, but that won't happen any time soon if ever. It still wont match playing profesionally overseas when you're 18-22, but college soccer is so weak right now. So if that wont happen then its time to get creative and find other solutions.
                      No I don’t want the farm system like Basketball or Football, that’s the US version and it only works for American sports.
                      99% of the world does not use the American platform for soccer, we have the worlds recipe and what we are trying to do is change it to our( farm system ) . Unlike Football , Hockey and basketball .... soccer does not require a player to be a muscular grown man.
                      Of those other sports a 17 year old kid would get crushed playing against 30 yr old men.

The Average European Pro player is 5’10-11 , 170lbs , height and weight a factor in the BPL with the league being more physical, much smaller players tend to be in main land Europe like Pulisic as his size and age perfectly fits those clubs as they do a great job focusing early on technical development.

Comment

No I don’t want the farm system like Basketball or Football, that’s the US version and it only works for American sports.
                        99% of the world does not use the American platform for soccer, we have the worlds recipe and what we are trying to do is change it to our( farm system ) . Unlike Football , Hockey and basketball .... soccer does not require a player to be a muscular grown man.
                        Of those other sports a 17 year old kid would get crushed playing against 30 yr old men.

The Average European Pro player is 5’10-11 , 170lbs , height and weight a factor in the BPL with the league being more physical, much smaller players tend to be in main land Europe like Pulisic as his size and age perfectly fits those clubs as they do a great job focusing early on technical development.
                        We need to focus on a true US second division for those not ready or able to win a spot on the first team (MLS) or overseas

By focusing

- make it a requirement for MLS teams to have a second division team
                        - improve the pay for the players and set aside college money for younger players
                        - Promote best DAP players to USL teams
                        - Reward teams with more allocation money for promoting second division players to first team.

I like what some teams like Red Bull's or LA Galaxy are doing with their USL team. These should be the norm

Comment

Brazil v England playing now , I hope the US boys are in the stadium taking notes!

Comment

The rest of the world has the same exact model as us. If your kid cabt get a pro contract by 17 go to an American university. Is college really the problem at 18 uears old? If you cant get a pro contract by then should you sit home on your couch and wait? Loads of European and south American kids that can't make it as a pro also choose the college path ..... Maybe that is a better reflection if how difficult it is to be pro in anything.

Comment

Brazil v England playing now , I hope the US boys are in the stadium taking notes!
                              It's U17. Nobody cares. None of this will translate into success for the England grown-up team -- even the good ones will do a Rooney or Lampard and never show up to play on the senior team.

Comment

It's U17. Nobody cares. None of this will translate into success for the England grown-up team -- even the good ones will do a Rooney or Lampard and never show up to play on the senior team.
                                England has put a renewed emphasis on their youth national teams. The results are starting to show. No whether that emphasis pays off for the full English national team. Only time will tell and it certainly can't hurt the full English results.

Also England beat 3-1 Brazil which is one of the favorites. England on to the final

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X