Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And, the senior teams of both nations suck azz.
    I was thinking the same thing ..... hate to be in the same class as England (probably worse for them being in the same class as the US though :) )!

Comment

Not really. The difference is England play for a soccer nation with critical fans and media. The US, not so much. England are in the WC. I would nto be so quick to dismiss England.

No one else seems to take Youth WCs as serious as the US do. Probably because they realize that is all they can win. Englands best player left the event to go back to Dortmund . Show you where the priority lies.
      England will make it out of the group stages and lose on penalties playing with 10 after some idiot player gets sent off for being an idiot.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing ..... hate to be in the same class as England (probably worse for them being in the same class as the US though :) )!
        They're still in the WC chase and still produce top players. Can't say the same about the US, not even close.

Comment

They're still in the WC chase and still produce top players. Can't say the same about the US, not even close.
          England are not now and never have been in the WC chase (including '66, when they should have lost if the refs had eyes).

Comment

And, the senior teams of both nations suck azz.
            Nope! your wrong, in fact “ dead wrong”
            English teams always had talent but chemistry, attitudes and the lack of passion playing for the country faded in the late eighties , people do forget that England has at least won 1 World Cup and has finished 4th in quarter finals a couple times. Although 2nd , 3rd or 4th don’t count they still have their name in the history books like Spain and France as winning at least 1 World Cup.
            For England unfortunately the English and the world see the program as a failure being that the BPL is the most exciting and talented league in the world, you would expect the brits who play alongside the foreign players could churn out studs all day.

Comment

England are not now and never have been in the WC chase (including '66, when they should have lost if the refs had eyes).
              No defense but your saying the refs were bias for every English game in order to win.

Funny!! I assume you have the clips?

Comment

No defense but your saying the refs were bias for every English game in order to win.

Funny!! I assume you have the clips?
                No. I'm saying in the 1966 World Cup final, axis power Germany should have won if the refs called the game correctly.

Comment

They're going, we're not. They're ranked 12th while we're 28th. We suck, they suck much less.

Better?

Comment

They're going, we're not. They're ranked 12th while we're 28th. We suck, they suck much less.

Better?
                    I think it's worthless to argue about which team sucks more. They both suck. The difference is that England is going to the WC to prove their suckyness and we did it all within Concacaf.

Comment

England have some excellent players - Pickford, Kane, Sterling Welbeck, Stones, Delle Ali, Dier, Rose, Walker are all good. Please list the comparable US players? You cant. A player like Wilshere had achieved far more than Pulisic has by this time. One is talked about by US media as a future Messi (hilarious) and the other is pilloried by the UK press for his minor stumbles.

The bar is totally different.

England have good players but they play in a toxic environment because Club >>Country in the UK. If they get off to a good start, they will shock some people .

Comment

No. I'm saying in the 1966 World Cup final, axis power Germany should have won if the refs called the game correctly.
                        Ok. Im sure we can make a petition , the Brits will definitely sign it because they hate their players anyway, oh and while we're at it lets Petition the Floyd V Connor fight and there's a few more but let me get lunch first and ill get back to you, is that alright with you Skpper?

Comment

Ok. Im sure we can make a petition , the Brits will definitely sign it because they hate their players anyway, oh and while we're at it lets Petition the Floyd V Connor fight and there's a few more but let me get lunch first and ill get back to you, is that alright with you Skpper?
                          Doesn't matter. England sucks. Sure, not a single one of the U.S. players would even make the bench for England, but that doesn't lessen the suckage any.

Comment

England have some excellent players - Pickford, Kane, Sterling Welbeck, Stones, Delle Ali, Dier, Rose, Walker are all good. Please list the comparable US players? You cant. A player like Wilshere had achieved far more than Pulisic has by this time. One is talked about by US media as a future Messi (hilarious) and the other is pilloried by the UK press for his minor stumbles.

The bar is totally different.

England have good players but they play in a toxic environment because Club >>Country in the UK. If they get off to a good start, they will shock some people .
                            I agree OP, there's a lot of idiots here that have a grudge with the mother country i think its the accent and how it makes the US wife's drool.

Comment

I agree OP, there's a lot of idiots here that have a grudge with the mother country i think its the accent and how it makes the US wife's drool.
                              Yeah, the foreign coaches are jacked and have wonderful teeth.

Comment

Wife's is possessive, meaning belonging to one wife.

Wives is plural, meaning more than one wife.

Yes, the accent is a panty dropper, but their friendliness doesn't hurt.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X