Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any girls, like 2 from each team that was sent to try out for academy, did not hear back. It will be all Weston girls. So why the alliance when they are not looking at them ? Just makes WOU girls parents have false hope and keep them at WPU. “Oh wait, my daughter might have a chance now!”
    Go try out everywhere. You are not stuck at WPU. Look at the board members whose kids are not at WPU anymore. If this club is so great why did they leave? Two faces people that are here rot make things worse. Run for a board position. Call the city. Have the city do a meeting with all WPU parents and get a brand new board on. That would change things. How much does being a board member without your child at this club really make you want to help? A conflict of interest is what it is.
    What are you talking about?

You are calling for change and here is MAJOR change. Explain to me why this is not better than the previous few years?

Comment

LOL

So this is the same idea rejected by the West Pines when GV was the president. This deal would've made sense back then when West Pines had quality on both sides.

Comment

Zero chance Weston loses GDA.. exciting time at WPW tryouts when people realize future ECNL teams are being put together!! Most likely for 2020-2021 season, when FC Prime runs out of money!
        Maybe Girls DA if Prime fails, Which doubt it will. For boys side, keep dreaming South Florida, wont be take away from Miramar or another one 50 mile radius.

Comment

No

As BT’s time is up, he sold WPU out to Weston. We are now part of Weston. W t f.
          To be clear to everyone who doesn’t understand the intricacies of mergers, partnerships, joint ventures, affiliations, etc.: this is not a merger. All this says is that the two are going to make an effort to work together to help combine resources in an effort to improve the quality of the local clubs and local soccer.

Will it work? Personally, I don’t see how sharing of resources such as this will work out but in the short term, it might be a good way, at a minimum, for West Pines to ensure that it has proper coaching among all the teams in all the age brackets. It is my understanding that the changes go deeper than this - and that the days of lazier coaches who do not do a good job will be coming to an end. For that reason, the short term fix might be ok but of course everyone should retain a health dose of skepticism as the project unfolds.

Comment

This is not it

What are you talking about?

You are calling for change and here is MAJOR change. Explain to me why this is not better than the previous few years?
            This is not the MAJOR change - that is yet to come. As part of this, the training will be different, however. There will be more in the near future - just maybe not soon enough for you all thinking of leaving to be convinced to stay.

Comment

This is not the MAJOR change - that is yet to come. As part of this, the training will be different, however. There will be more in the near future - just maybe not soon enough for you all thinking of leaving to be convinced to stay.
              Now they want to help.... Last season same thing last min broke off... Will be the same, once they see no talent, what benefits Weston. Like South Florida FC, after this year's U19 on that team, what is South florida FC stating partnership with Weston. Bad clubs and players, both now considered rec more than travel..

Comment

I have to laugh at people saying that WPU will now have a shot at the DA. You have a shot at the DA now. You could go tryout and make the team.

But once you are a part of Weston, you can't tryout, so no DA for you.

Makes sense to me!

Comment

Why did BT do this? How does this make us better? The way I see it is that pines becomes an arm of Weston. We are no longer WPU. We are more like Davie now.

Comment

Why did BT do this? How does this make us better? The way I see it is that pines becomes an arm of Weston. We are no longer WPU. We are more like Davie now.
                    It's kind of like prison. You either become the gang leader's bitch or you get shanked and killed in the yard.

WPU chose to be Weston's bitch.

Comment

It's kind of like prison. You either become the gang leader's bitch or you get shanked and killed in the yard.

WPU chose to be Weston's bitch.
                      This actually makes a lot of sense. Very good analogy. The only other question I have is the economics of the deal. Do we as a club keep our fair share or did we really give up the house?

Comment

This actually makes a lot of sense. Very good analogy. The only other question I have is the economics of the deal. Do we as a club keep our fair share or did we really give up the house?
                        Pretty much what that whole email says in a 3-4 short sentences, but they are super excited. Everyone that comes will make it and now be DA.... Amazing. This should have been done 3 years ago when there was a club to save and to be better, now are just that. Feeder, which sadly maybe from the whole club 5-6 good kids which are leaving this season. So project wil be a complete failure. On top we have Miramar with ECNL right next to us, younger club and took us over!

Comment

, but they are super excited. Everyone that comes will make it and now be DA.... Amazing. !
                          No, Weston doesn't promote kids from within the club. So unless, you are already DA you have less of a chance of making DA now than you did before.

Comment

No, Weston doesn't promote kids from within the club. So unless, you are already DA you have less of a chance of making DA now than you did before.
                            Wrong they are promoting ID camps, they know what they have is not enough begging for more outside players to come tryout. Don't want to even look at what they have now.

Comment

The one thing I take out of that email is that the Jerome dude has a pretty damn strong resume. Pretty impressive really. Who else stacks up to that locally? Serious question.

Comment

Weston has not been told they are in DA next year, their fate will be decided at DA showcase.
                                If their fate will be decided at DA Showcase......Sunrise, pull your horses off those teams, that's all Weston has. Sunrise, you saved them once and got what in return?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X