Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boys ECNL

How is this league doing? It is my understanding that the league is gaining traction and getting more competitive. Any thoughts?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How is this league doing? It is my understanding that the league is gaining traction and getting more competitive. Any thoughts?
    It's like GDA .... a few decent teams and most are not really anything special (the bottom quarter is not very good at all).

Comment

From the looks of it more boys commit from NPL than ECNL.

DA gets the most consistent attention from coaches but that doesn’t necessarily translate to more, or better commitments.

Comment

ECNL is approximately the same as the top tier NPL teams (i.e. Super Group). If you want to avoid crazy travel then stick with NPL. (speaking from ECNL experience)

College coaches we have spoken to do believe that ECNL is higher than NPL. It's still early with ECNL but so far I'm not seeing a big difference.

It seems that when my kids team plays a club that also has a DA team then my kids team wins. When they play clubs don't have a DA team they lose.

Bottom line...same as NPL with a national focus. It does seem to be growing (I think the boys ECNL just added 18 teams for 2020...mostly in the northwest)

Comment

ECNL is approximately the same as the top tier NPL teams (i.e. Super Group). If you want to avoid crazy travel then stick with NPL. (speaking from ECNL experience)

College coaches we have spoken to do believe that ECNL is higher than NPL. It's still early with ECNL but so far I'm not seeing a big difference.

It seems that when my kids team plays a club that also has a DA team then my kids team wins. When they play clubs don't have a DA team they lose.

Bottom line...same as NPL with a national focus. It does seem to be growing (I think the boys ECNL just added 18 teams for 2020...mostly in the northwest)

This is the new NPL

Comment

Depends on the class year and location. In this area, it’s pretty obvious by now that NEFC and GPS have far better boys teams than the boys ecnl options (bolts and stars). But depending on your personal geography and age group those teams might be an ok option.

Comment

Depends on the class year and location. In this area, it’s pretty obvious by now that NEFC and GPS have far better boys teams than the boys ecnl options (bolts and stars). But depending on your personal geography and age group those teams might be an ok option.
              Say good bye to the NPL

Comment

Say good bye to the NPL
                GPS is terrible and nefc right behind them

Comment

GPS is terrible and nefc right behind them
                  Based on what objective metrics? Either cough up some evidence or STFU as your opinion is worthless and factually incorrect.

Comment

Based on what objective metrics? Either cough up some evidence or STFU as your opinion is worthless and factually incorrect.
                    Relax Susan. Bolts, GPS and NEFC and the boys clubs to join

NEFC struggles against GPS
                    Bolts struggles against GPS

Bolts = NEFC

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X