Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    One age group is thin because of injury the rest isn't nonsense IMG has roster of 17-18 players per team.
    Injuries are part of the game. Thin is thin. Plus, next year you need an extra 17-18 players to field the extra age group, assuming everyone from this year returns.... which they won't. That's a lot of recruitment at that price point.

Comment

Injuries are part of the game. Thin is thin. Plus, next year you need an extra 17-18 players to field the extra age group, assuming everyone from this year returns.... which they won't. That's a lot of recruitment at that price point.
      facts

Comment

IMG is probably opening doors as indicated above because US Soccer asked them to. It keeps top players in the DA, and allows WFF to say they are DA becuse they have the affiliation with IMG. It really is no skin off IMGs nose to go along with this game and solidfies their relationship with US Soccer. All of WFF teams will continue to be pre-DA and will overcharge players and parents for playing NPL
        IMG reached out to a few club when they received GDA status for assistance with the U14 age group. Clubs didn't help then other then Braden River. Now IMG should help WFF. I'm calling BS

Comment

Nope. Returning players are at 100% return rate. Don't believe go tour yourself and ask.

Comment

^ nothing but a bunch of bullshít and fake news. The only way that the GDA is going to restructure is when it is no longer a thing. That day is much closer than most think - probably 18 to 24 months at most.
            Yeah, I heard the entire US Soccer Federation is going to shut down too. And then soccer itself will be made illegal within our borders with anyone found playing soccer being subject to immediate deportation to Puerto Rico.

"REPENT . . . the END of SOCCER is HERE!!!"

Comment

Nope. Returning players are at 100% return rate. Don't believe go tour yourself and ask.

So the guy that takes the tests for all the kids is doing campus tours now?

Comment

No one has to ask anyone. Just look how the rosters have changed year to year. Players move on for various reasons. Maybe not lots, but when you are already looking to add 17-18 players having to add another 4 or 5 is not insignificant.

Comment

Here's your restructuring::

SIX NEW CLUBS TO JOIN GIRLS' DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY FOR 2019-20 SEASON

CHICAGO (Feb. 20, 2019)-The U.S. Soccer Girls' Development Academy will expand its membership for the 2019-20 season to 71 clubs, encompassing 342 teams. As part of its mission to impact everyday environments to develop world-class players, six new clubs will join the Girls' Academy and two clubs will introduce new age-group teams. With the introduction of the Girls' U-16 age group, the upcoming third season of the Girls' Academy will be its largest ever, set to feature nearly 7,000 players.

......JUST NOT IN FLORIDA and who can blame them.

Comment

No one has to ask anyone. Just look how the rosters have changed year to year. Players move on for various reasons. Maybe not lots, but when you are already looking to add 17-18 players having to add another 4 or 5 is not insignificant.
                    IMG isn't looking to add 17-18 players. Your numbers are way off.

Comment

Yeah, I heard the entire US Soccer Federation is going to shut down too. And then soccer itself will be made illegal within our borders with anyone found playing soccer being subject to immediate deportation to Puerto Rico.

"REPENT . . . the END of SOCCER is HERE!!!"
                      Puerto Rico is part of the USA. You can't be deported there, dumb azz.

Comment

IMG isn't looking to add 17-18 players. Your numbers are way off.
                        Where is the new u16 age group team coming from? Those players are already in the program and spread out across different teams?

I guess I'm just not understanding. Even if IMG doesn't add u14 next year ( and keeps BR around ), they still need numbers to fill up a team because the u16/17 age group splits next year.

Comment

Where is the new u16 age group team coming from? Those players are already in the program and spread out across different teams?

I guess I'm just not understanding. Even if IMG doesn't add u14 next year ( and keeps BR around ), they still need numbers to fill up a team because the u16/17 age group splits next year.
                          They will either have players play up and fill the rosters accordingly on a weekly basis. There will be new players coming to IMG to attend the school to help with the roster spots as well. No WFF players will play at IMG if they don't attend the school.

Comment

They will either have players play up and fill the rosters accordingly on a weekly basis. There will be new players coming to IMG to attend the school to help with the roster spots as well. No WFF players will play at IMG if they don't attend the school.
                            I’m sure there will be new players coming in and current players will shuffle around.

Still stand by my statement that between the new age and graduating players that they will need extra 17-18 bodies for next year above and beyond what they currently have. I’m sure they know this and are recruiting to the school hard. Better results this year will help.

Comment

I’m sure there will be new players coming in and current players will shuffle around.

Still stand by my statement that between the new age and graduating players that they will need extra 17-18 bodies for next year above and beyond what they currently have. I’m sure they know this and are recruiting to the school hard. Better results this year will help.
                              Yes new players will come to attend IMG but they won't need 18 new players like in your statement nor will they get any from WFF.

Comment

Yes new players will come to attend IMG but they won't need 18 new players like in your statement nor will they get any from WFF.
                                They may not come from WFF, but they certainly need a bunch of new bodies. It's simple math. Look at the current rosters and then add a 4th team to the mix. I mean I guess you could have enough kids currently if you had rosters of 12-13 players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X