Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Part of the problem with many people like yourself is that you are constantly fixated on such a tiny footprint of the overall soccer scene. College , College , College. ' Commits " " placements" , ' good teams", " bad teams " on and on.

The truth is that a very small percentage of children who play the game will ever play in College. Of those who end up playing, a very small percentage will receive anything amounting to considerable monetary consideration for their efforts, and for the family's financial expenditures.. If you dispute that opinion, the response back is that any and all matters of financial aid, scholarships, etc. are private matters, and the true evidence of it is rarely , if ever released as proof positive.

The entire bandwagon of marketing hoopla regarding College considerations is based on speculation and conjecture.

Therefore, the most important aspects of contributions to a soccer culture are the opportunities provided for the vast majority of interested parties across a broad spectrum. Whatever your hatred for FSA is rooted in, they must be recognized for making a significant contribution to the soccer culture of their area. Indoor, outdoor, children , adults, women's leagues, summer leagues, on and on. Programs available for most any and all participants at various levels. Yes, it costs money. So does your gym membership , the dance or karate lessons, your country club if you play Golf, the list goes on.

For good measure, CFC and Oakwood have also made their contributions in their specific realms and have also made significant contributions to the soccer culture in CT. They may have different structures and philosophies , and that is a strength for the consumer. You may not like any of them, you may like them. The end decision is with the consumer who either finds value or not.

It really gets kind of silly with the constant back and forth attacks against parents, clubs and even the children themselves. You would think the adults around here would have grown up already.
    Good post! Lot of truth here!

-CFC Parent

Comment

Great post. Most states don’t have the vile and hated posts we do in CT. The fact that it is a cowardly anonymous post allows 2-3 people to post over and over. It seems it’s OW v CFC or FSA v OW etc.....In the end, most parents get along and we must ignore the 2-3 that stir up crap. The best thing to do would be to boycott TS then the obnoxious posts would have no audience

Comment

Great post. Most states don’t have the vile and hated posts we do in CT. The fact that it is a cowardly anonymous post allows 2-3 people to post over and over. It seems it’s OW v CFC or FSA v OW etc.....In the end, most parents get along and we must ignore the 2-3 that stir up crap. The best thing to do would be to boycott TS then the obnoxious posts would have no audience

Comment

And beat them when? They are in last place of the ECNL at very age group. FSA is just a glorified travel program club with a badge.
          Yup. And the parents need to shut it

Comment

Yup. And the parents need to shut it
            All parents need to shut up! Just let your kids play, develop and see where it leads them. Your stupid chest pumping goes no where. Then we have the jack arse trolls who post just to see if if it leads to banter

Comment

As a CFC parent Ive never seen any animosity between FSA and CFC parents. In fact I know a few FSA parents and all they are all good people and act respectfully at games. I think this is just a good old fashion fun in state rivalry thing between the clubs as a whole. Parents and players get along fine, many of the players also playing together on high school and prep teams. And if the other FSA coaches are of the caliber of AD they are doing fine as a club.

Comment

^^ truth be told most parents couldn't give a rat's azz what happens at other clubs. they focus on their own clubs and really just on their kids' teams and how THEIR kids are doing. Sure a game against another in state team is interesting (and a welcome break from all the travel) but it's little else beyond that. The real rivalry is the clubs, both of whom are out to prove something. Even then all the coaches know each other and mostly get along well. Management are the ones who worry that too many local losses might cause families to migrate elsewhere. They're out to protect their bottom line.

Comment

As a CFC parent Ive never seen any animosity between FSA and CFC parents. In fact I know a few FSA parents and all they are all good people and act respectfully at games. I think this is just a good old fashion fun in state rivalry thing between the clubs as a whole. Parents and players get along fine, many of the players also playing together on high school and prep teams. And if the other FSA coaches are of the caliber of AD they are doing fine as a club.
                  You are oblivious! Fsa parents have a chip on their shoulder because they are looked at as the second best ecnl club. They desperately want to be number one. Under their breath, they talk poorly about cfc and do not wish them any success. I have seen this first hand. How? My kid played for Fsa and I was at the showcases and the games. No Fsa parent ever said anything positive in front of other Fsa parents or coaches about cfc in our time at the club. Sorry, but that was my reality.

Comment

And my experience was the complete opposite. Oh well play where ever you want, no one forces you to do anything

Comment

You are oblivious! Fsa parents have a chip on their shoulder because they are looked at as the second best ecnl club. They desperately want to be number one. Under their breath, they talk poorly about cfc and do not wish them any success. I have seen this first hand. How? My kid played for Fsa and I was at the showcases and the games. No Fsa parent ever said anything positive in front of other Fsa parents or coaches about cfc in our time at the club. Sorry, but that was my reality.
                      Totally not experience my kid had. The majority of CFC and FSA parents chatted and joked during the games. Both clubs had a few isolated parents who took the game too serious. I guess if you are happy at CFC and your kid is developing then great happy for you

Comment

Totally not experience my kid had. The majority of CFC and FSA parents chatted and joked during the games. Both clubs had a few isolated parents who took the game too serious. I guess if you are happy at CFC and your kid is developing then great happy for you
                        This is youth soccer. No games should be taken that seriously. These are kids not pros. They play to develop and hopefully for fun. That is what we should remember. It's for fun, first. Any issues with the different Clubs should be handled inside the Club. They all have them but not everyone posts about it.

Comment

Question Man Responds

Part of the problem with many people like yourself is that you are constantly fixated on such a tiny footprint of the overall soccer scene. College , College , College. ' Commits " " placements" , ' good teams", " bad teams " on and on.

The truth is that a very small percentage of children who play the game will ever play in College. Of those who end up playing, a very small percentage will receive anything amounting to considerable monetary consideration for their efforts, and for the family's financial expenditures.. If you dispute that opinion, the response back is that any and all matters of financial aid, scholarships, etc. are private matters, and the true evidence of it is rarely , if ever released as proof positive.

The entire bandwagon of marketing hoopla regarding College considerations is based on speculation and conjecture.

Therefore, the most important aspects of contributions to a soccer culture are the opportunities provided for the vast majority of interested parties across a broad spectrum. Whatever your hatred for FSA is rooted in, they must be recognized for making a significant contribution to the soccer culture of their area. Indoor, outdoor, children , adults, women's leagues, summer leagues, on and on. Programs available for most any and all participants at various levels. Yes, it costs money. So does your gym membership , the dance or karate lessons, your country club if you play Golf, the list goes on.

For good measure, CFC and Oakwood have also made their contributions in their specific realms and have also made significant contributions to the soccer culture in CT. They may have different structures and philosophies , and that is a strength for the consumer. You may not like any of them, you may like them. The end decision is with the consumer who either finds value or not.

It really gets kind of silly with the constant back and forth attacks against parents, clubs and even the children themselves. You would think the adults around here would have grown up already.

Are you and I the only rational ones who see beyond this club boasting nonsense?

Comment

Question Man Responds

Or would it not be better if people were required to sign in first, so that we could associate contributions with contributors? Over time, would we not then know whose thoughts were worth considering and whose were not? Wouldn't be likely then that there would be less club denigration and more helpful soccer dialogues as a result?

Comment

Or would it not be better if people were required to sign in first, so that we could associate contributions with contributors? Over time, would we not then know whose thoughts were worth considering and whose were not? Wouldn't be likely then that there would be less club denigration and more helpful soccer dialogues as a result?
                              Registration has been attempted and it failed. Easy enough for someone to have multiple IDs too. Anyone who takes this site too seriously needs to find a better source for information, like maybe talk to real people in real life. Most of this is entertainment

Comment

Question Man Responds

Registration has been attempted and it failed. Easy enough for someone to have multiple IDs too. Anyone who takes this site too seriously needs to find a better source for information, like maybe talk to real people in real life. Most of this is entertainment
                                What do you mean by "fail"?

Did the technology not work?

Did the user population disappear?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X