Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FC Stars ECNL tryouts

My daughter is a 2006 NPL player from a different club. I want her to tryout for the Stars ECNL team. The spots on this team must be limited. When are tryouts and are these current FC Stars players already locked in at Stars or do they cut players to take someone better.

Stars will always take a better player from outside, they have a tendency to develop through acquisition...

Comment

You have a better shot at making the ECNL team from outside the club. Once you accept an npl position at stars you have a slim shot of movement until college. Ask any staff coach there

Comment

I’ve heard from Stars parents most typically start in NPL before you make an ECNL team

Of course now with 3 teams carrying an ‘Elite’ label is hard NOT make at least one of them

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          I’ve heard from Stars parents most typically start in NPL before you make an ECNL team

Of course now with 3 teams carrying an ‘Elite’ label is hard NOT make at least one of them
          Yeah at 12 maybe. Remember this. Once you say ok to npl you accept the fact that you are a grade below as a player and continue to pay stars the tuition. Do you know how hard it must be to pidgin hole a entire team of that level? Why promote those players?? Just easier to promise top team to recruit players

Comment

My daughter is a 2006 NPL player from a different club. I want her to tryout for the Stars ECNL team. The spots on this team must be limited. When are tryouts and are these current FC Stars players already locked in at Stars or do they cut players to take someone better.
            What is this her 5th club before her 13th birthday? You guys are nuts.

Comment

Yeah at 12 maybe. Remember this. Once you say ok to npl you accept the fact that you are a grade below as a player and continue to pay stars the tuition. Do you know how hard it must be to pidgin hole a entire team of that level? Why promote those players?? Just easier to promise top team to recruit players
              Ding ding ding YES!!!

Comment

They will take her just to get her from her current club don't let anyone fool you

Comment

Classic TS
                  one thread begs for single pyramid and asks clubs to be honest in placements
                  this threads directs parents to run away if not on top team

There should be no wonder why we have multiple leagues offering multiple peaks

Comment

Classic TS
                    one thread begs for single pyramid and asks clubs to be honest in placements
                    this threads directs parents to run away if not on top team

There should be no wonder why we have multiple leagues offering multiple peaks
                    lol yes US soccer is anything but a pyramid, and the lines between level are let's say "fluid"

Comment

The best stars players will be locked in in the next month or so. Tryouts are end of May, beginning of June. They will always take new talent. The 06 team would definitely take kids.

Comment

ECNL ID is 5/6 and 5/20 for 06-08. Hope this helps

Comment

I have a question: if a GDA player is done with regular season games can she guest with ECNL teams?

Comment

I have a question: if a GDA player is done with regular season games can she guest with ECNL teams?
                            Not after end of April - see page 11 of the rule book

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztayy9pmg4...dbook.pdf?dl=0

Comment

The best stars players will be locked in in the next month or so. Tryouts are end of May, beginning of June. They will always take new talent. The 06 team would definitely take kids.
                              06 group stinks. Your kid has a solid chance

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X