Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New retention tactics

CFC has requested all players have deposits in this month for next year. Why?

Probably because tryout season is coming and by securing everyone’s money early it prevents mass exodus from inferior low level teams.

The new pay for play model is here, brought to you by this states best...CFC

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Probably because tryout season is coming and by securing everyone’s money early it prevents mass exodus from inferior low level teams.

prove it!

Comment

actually, it's to keep the lights on. They spread themselves way too thin financially with this project and delays with opening up also crushed they're projected of revenue over the winter 2017-2018 permit issue their still playing catch up.

I would rather pay early than find out kicking their whole program to the curb next year with some lame ***** excuse "does not fit our brand". You picked the girls you trained them you're the fault the quality does not meet your standards. Brought to you by this states slimmest....Succes is choice:).

Comment

so if my daughter is bottom third on a ECNL team and i pay my deposit now for next year she makes the team? where do i send the check?????

Comment

actually, it's to keep the lights on. They spread themselves way too thin financially with this project and delays with opening up also crushed they're projected of revenue over the winter 2017-2018 permit issue their still playing catch up.

I would rather pay early than find out kicking their whole program to the curb next year with some lame ***** excuse "does not fit our brand". You picked the girls you trained them you're the fault the quality does not meet your standards. Brought to you by this states slimmest....Succes is choice:).
          "Success is for Boys" is his new motto

Comment

Why so shocked? They have been doing this for years!

Comment

Can't blame them for wanting to know who is returning. They need to see what slots are open. If this is happening (it's TS so I am I always skeptical), how big is the deposit? If it's a few hundred and it's refundable say through the end of May if you change your mind? No problem with that.

Comment

Can't blame them for wanting to know who is returning. They need to see what slots are open. If this is happening (it's TS so I am I always skeptical), how big is the deposit? If it's a few hundred and it's refundable say through the end of May if you change your mind? No problem with that.
                What point does a refundable deposit serve for them?

Comment

What point does a refundable deposit serve for them?
                  They can have 3 lists - definitely returning, might be, not returning. They can keep working on the maybes. Creates some good will too with families feeling so pressured

Different poster

Comment

This is not new. CFC has done this for years. The reason is they need to know who is returning before they can add any additional players. To their credit, CFC doesn’t cut from the United program. If you’re happy and have a guaranteed place, why wouldn’t you? If you aren’t happy, leave. Either way, they aren’t waiting around nor should they. If you aren’t sure, have a conversation with your coach. They’ve always been straight forward with us.

Comment

This is not new. CFC has done this for years. The reason is they need to know who is returning before they can add any additional players. To their credit, CFC doesn’t cut from the United program. If you’re happy and have a guaranteed place, why wouldn’t you? If you aren’t happy, leave. Either way, they aren’t waiting around nor should they. If you aren’t sure, have a conversation with your coach. They’ve always been straight forward with us.
                      Nearly all CFCU players will return typically. It's the branches that have more churn. If I ran a club I wouldn't ask for a deposit yet but at least get an idea of who is staying or going. Doesn't have to be a signed contract and sure a few may change their minds. But but for ballpark planning purposes its just a good practice. Hiw many teams, what teams have holes, who don't have on staff to coach those teams etc?

Comment

Nearly all CFCU players will return typically. It's the branches that have more churn. If I ran a club I wouldn't ask for a deposit yet but at least get an idea of who is staying or going. Doesn't have to be a signed contract and sure a few may change their minds. But but for ballpark planning purposes its just a good practice. Hiw many teams, what teams have holes, who don't have on staff to coach those teams etc?
                        I don’t see a problem with a deposit. You can’t dip your foot in the pool without having a swim. Without a deposit, there is nothing to hold players or prevent them from leaving after the fact. If they didn’t require a deposit, they’d probably resort to cutting people.

Comment

so if my daughter is bottom third on a ECNL team and i pay my deposit now for next year she makes the team? where do i send the check?????
                          Who knows what goes on in the CFC coaches/management heads. Little movement historically goes on in United back and forth from ECNL to NPL and vice versa. Are they afraid of the handbag mafias? Does it make sense for the player to go from a NPL starter to a ECNL bottom third? Does it make sense to hold on to ECNL bottom thirds who are obviously just mailing it in and should be on NPL now just to not rock the CFC boat? Is it fair to NPL girls that work their butts off not to move up and take the spot of a ECNLer who just dosent care anymore but mommy would revolt if she was moved down. Are NPL starters put there to bolster the NPL team and make it competitive when they should be playing ECNL? Who knows?

Comment

I don’t see a problem with a deposit. You can’t dip your foot in the pool without having a swim. Without a deposit, there is nothing to hold players or prevent them from leaving after the fact. If they didn’t require a deposit, they’d probably resort to cutting people.
                            Nothing wrong with cuts when appropriate. Teams should always be looking to improve. As long as those being cut get adequate notice. A lot clubs don't do that which really pisses people off, understandably

Comment

Hurry up an pay the early fee! They need a new load of gravel for the Bethany parking lot

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X