Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Clubs can take everyone, but need to do a better job of delineating levels of play.
    Since the destruction of town leagues, the clubs should and need to offer all levels.
    But clubs can utilize a plethora of leagues that have cropped up in the last few years. Not only is there something for everybody, but then clubs don't have to play local clubs and risk losing players when families see another local club offers something better. The soccer pyramid isn't really a pyramid nor are the layers clearly delineated.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The parents are responsible for the entire mess when they decided town soccer was not good enough for their kid.
      Clubs simply stepped in to fill the vacuum.
      Oh how I wish town soccer was remotely good enough...and not a massive ego stroke!
      (I'll take profit-driven clubs over ego-driven dads any day of the week.) Instead, town soccer in my experience is a horror of self-interested, clique-ishly tribal under-employed dads with the time to hop out of bed (or the barroom) and get the cones set up. I love how the Revolution training programs have co-opted these town programs by feeding the egos of the local decision makers with tickets, empty "affiliations", and preferential access to training for the kids of the local sachems. If the "Revs" are in your town, follow the money.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X