Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And why would having too many clubs matter to OYSA?
    Ask them, but I suspect that the large number of "here today, gone tomorrow" clubs has been royal pain for them. Most of them can't line up their own fields, take recruiting to whole new level that ticks off existing clubs, and many leave unpaid bills when they close up.

Comment

THUSC does not subsidize CU AT ALL. CU players pay dues and fees just like every club out there. THUSC families, please know your club fees do not go to CU. That's just a nasty rumor and not at all true.
      Why did THUSC pay for kits, but CU did not?

Comment

Why did THUSC pay for kits, but CU did not?
        CU players do in fact pay for a lot of the kit. Some comes out of dues (which is probably more than THUSC) and some comes because the vendor (soccerloco) was the primary sponsor for CU. But THUSC families paid for none of the CU kit. They just had to get the kit from soccerloco which I think where the confusion comes from. THUSC didn't have soccorloco plastered on the front of their jerseys.

Comment

CU players do in fact pay for a lot of the kit. Some comes out of dues (which is probably more than THUSC) and some comes because the vendor (soccerloco) was the primary sponsor for CU. But THUSC families paid for none of the CU kit. They just had to get the kit from soccerloco which I think where the confusion comes from. THUSC didn't have soccorloco plastered on the front of their jerseys.
          How much of the proceeds from the Oregon Elite Soccer tournament went to support THUSC? THUSC resources and THUSC teams supporting CU ECNL

Comment

Ask them, but I suspect that the large number of "here today, gone tomorrow" clubs has been royal pain for them. Most of them can't line up their own fields, take recruiting to whole new level that ticks off existing clubs, and many leave unpaid bills when they close up.
            Lining their own field and not paying their bills is not an OYSA problem unless it is an OYSA bill. Clubs losing players is also no an issue for OYSA.

If they can play the league and state cup fees then it is not an issue for OYSA.

Comment

THUSC may not have subsidized CU in the past, but with the change I am sure that will happen.

You have the same person running THUSC girls and CU ENCL.

THUSC is the "B" group. CU is the "A" group with lots of travel that parents always complain about.

BTW, THUSC board members have kid's playing on CU.

What do you think will happen?

Why would you get the kits from Soccerloco when you can support a local Oregon business? How much money did Soccerloco make on the THUSC deal? I am sure they did not do it for free. You don't think some of this profit helped justify the CU jersey deal? I am sure the THUSC group would have been happy to put Soccerloco on their jerseys if it meant getting it for free.

Comment

Lining their own field and not paying their bills is not an OYSA problem unless it is an OYSA bill. Clubs losing players is also no an issue for OYSA.

If they can play the league and state cup fees then it is not an issue for OYSA.
                Well I think oysa views that differently then you.

Comment

Well I think oysa views that differently then you.
                  The smoldering crater of NSC still reverberates....

Comment

The smoldering crater of NSC still reverberates....
                    This is exactly it especially when you have a nonprofit who’s board members profit from the club. There is no accountability and too much risk for OYSA to let them in.

Comment

A few years back didn’t OYSA (or was it OPL?) not let a Bend Timbers competitive club in the Bend area join the league to protect the market share for the existing club?

Comment

They are set up as a not for profit, they should be able register themselves? Why would OYSA prohibit them from joining?
                        Part of it is you have to provide your club's fields list

Comment

This is exactly it especially when you have a nonprofit who’s board members profit from the club. There is no accountability and too much risk for OYSA to let them in.
                          Perhaps she ought to register as a recreational club first, until an ability to balance a budget is demonstrated. From THUSC to THJSL would be an interesting trip...

Comment

THUSC may not have subsidized CU in the past, but with the change I am sure that will happen.

You have the same person running THUSC girls and CU ENCL.

THUSC is the "B" group. CU is the "A" group with lots of travel that parents always complain about.

BTW, THUSC board members have kid's playing on CU.

What do you think will happen?

Why would you get the kits from Soccerloco when you can support a local Oregon business? How much money did Soccerloco make on the THUSC deal? I am sure they did not do it for free. You don't think some of this profit helped justify the CU jersey deal? I am sure the THUSC group would have been happy to put Soccerloco on their jerseys if it meant getting it for free.
                            You sound desperate. The THUSC board has kids playing in THUSC and CU. One doesn’t have any kids playing.

The only difference with new director of girls at THUSC is that they will now finally have someone who actually knows how to run a program and cares about developing players. RH only cared about how much money she and her friends could make. That and day drinking.

Comment

You sound desperate. The THUSC board has kids playing in THUSC and CU. One doesn’t have any kids playing.

The only difference with new director of girls at THUSC is that they will now finally have someone who actually knows how to run a program and cares about developing players. RH only cared about how much money she and her friends could make. That and day drinking.
                              ^^^Totally agree. And let’s assume that the Soccerloco thing is a problem, which it’s not, but in a club with $1.5M in Revenue, any uniform arrangement is nickels in the grand scheme of things. That’s not a subsidy. Besides CU parents pat $600 more in fees so what subsidies? It’s made up.

Comment

I wonder if THUSC will have an Advisory Board to guide and counsel the DOC just like it is done for him at CU ECNL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X