Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timbers tryouts?

We have a bunch of kids missing from our practice due to Timbers tryouts.

Anyone else heard of this? Was it posted somewhere I missed?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We have a bunch of kids missing from our practice due to Timbers tryouts.

Anyone else heard of this? Was it posted somewhere I missed?
    Here fishy fishy.....🐟🐠🐡

Comment

Here fishy fishy.....🐟🐠🐡
      Im not sure what that means. It’s not fishy, it’s happening, I’m just trying to figure out how to get my son involved.

Comment

Im not sure what that means. It’s not fishy, it’s happening, I’m just trying to figure out how to get my son involved.
        There is a 07 invite players only try out this week at Timbers training facility. Around 60 kids seen today. Majority little DA teams, some ADF kids

Comment

I would say more like 40 kids or less. Also, no ADF. Victor said no state cup if you come to the tryouts. Mostly DA kids, I see a couple from PCU and one from East side.

Comment

I would call your kids coach. He could have got left off the list if he changed teams mid season.

Comment

I would say more like 40 kids or less. Also, no ADF. Victor said no state cup if you come to the tryouts. Mostly DA kids, I see a couple from PCU and one from East side.
              Of course. Good ole victor “developing”kids.

Probably doesn’t want kids to know not all coaches yell at their players

Comment

Must be April 1

Comment

There is a 07 invite players only try out this week at Timbers training facility. Around 60 kids seen today. Majority little DA teams, some ADF kids
                  Thank you for the serious reply. I didn’t know they did invites, I thought it was just regular tryouts and I thought we missed them.

now too see how to get my kid an invite

Comment

Thank you for the serious reply. I didn’t know they did invites, I thought it was just regular tryouts and I thought we missed them.

now too see how to get my kid an invite
                    Timbers coaches have been around the past few months watching games. They have their list. Today was top ‘07’s and ‘08’s. Some may have declined going.

Timbers are not going to have tryouts. They will have their team picked by end of April.

Comment

Timbers coaches have been around the past few months watching games. They have their list. Today was top ‘07’s and ‘08’s. Some may have declined going.

Timbers are not going to have tryouts. They will have their team picked by end of April.
                      For the most part this was a decision by club coaches who to send. Trust me, the Timbers aren't spending that much of an effort scouting 11 year old soccer games

Comment

What league will this team play in?

Comment

My son said it was interesting mix of kids. Many of whom he had played against and recognized but some new ones too. Said most kids were higher caliber than his overall DA team but there were quite a few that seemed well below the level and he wondered why they were there and he even said “I wonder if they will even Show back up” maybe they were just nervous 11 year olds, maybe the Timbers were trying to get a quota from each local team?

Parents weren’t allowed to watch last night so I can’t give my opinion.

Comment

For the most part this was a decision by club coaches who to send. Trust me, the Timbers aren't spending that much of an effort scouting 11 year old soccer games
                            Two Timbers coaches have been to almost a dozen of my sons practices and 5-6 games. I’m sure the coaches know everything about my sons 07 team.

Comment

Two Timbers coaches have been to almost a dozen of my sons practices and 5-6 games. I’m sure the coaches know everything about my sons 07 team.
                              Sure they are

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X