Match Fit Girls 2006 ECNL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't quote anyone specifically as to not call any particular thread out, but geez what a toxic environment. No offense to all of you as I'm sure it is not what you signed up for, but you are all obviously wrapped up in that sh*t show over there and you are all oozing toxicity. Honestly I feel bad for you and I hope you fix your own personal situations quickly before it becomes toxic for your daughters. It isn't worth it.

Good luck

Comment

Match fit 06 just got crushed by the pda heat 07 team this morning 5-1.
      But let’s tell everybody it’s not about winning but development . Well if your developing you are getting better and if you are getting better you start to win . Especially against a team that’s a year younger and a lot smaller and slower. So how can you claim development if you aren’t getting any better! So let’s keep the status quo and continue to pay outrageous fees to fund these overpaid coaches to watch our kids not get any better. I am done!

Comment

This whole website and thread is a joke! It’s like any review. People ONLY post the negative when they are unhappy. It’s clear that the majority of people posting are either unhappy or joined mid year and left because of their false information. My daughter has been a part of MF 2006 ECNL team for years and has always be afforded great opportunities there. Our team has always been strong and competitive and we welcome girls like the “two sisters” who joined our team. There are NOT 28 girls rostered every game. You cannot possibly roster more than 18. U13 is still a learning year and coaches are trying to find the best mix of kids for the future.

Problem is parents are not realistic about their child’s level and where she belongs. At an academy everyone doesn’t always play and everyone doesn’t get a trophy. If you are looking for that, you should stay with your travel team.

The ECNL is the best league in the country playing the best competition and unless you want to go to PDA or World Class you can go play for a lower level team. If your child plays multiple sports then the DA is not the place for you either.

People on here should act like adults and do not talk about children in a negative way. It is completely uncalled for and immature. Actually you should find something more productive than complain about 13 year old soccer!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          This whole website and thread is a joke! It’s like any review. People ONLY post the negative when they are unhappy. It’s clear that the majority of people posting are either unhappy or joined mid year and left because of their false information. My daughter has been a part of MF 2006 ECNL team for years and has always be afforded great opportunities there. Our team has always been strong and competitive and we welcome girls like the “two sisters” who joined our team. There are NOT 28 girls rostered every game. You cannot possibly roster more than 18. U13 is still a learning year and coaches are trying to find the best mix of kids for the future.

Problem is parents are not realistic about their child’s level and where she belongs. At an academy everyone doesn’t always play and everyone doesn’t get a trophy. If you are looking for that, you should stay with your travel team.

The ECNL is the best league in the country playing the best competition and unless you want to go to PDA or World Class you can go play for a lower level team. If your child plays multiple sports then the DA is not the place for you either.

People on here should act like adults and do not talk about children in a negative way. It is completely uncalled for and immature. Actually you should find something more productive than complain about 13 year old soccer!
          The tryouts page just seems to reek of desperation, I’m certain it’s not parents issue:
          ———
          **Any Player Born 2006 - 2001 and not currently ECNL carded please contact jraper@matchfitacademy.net to schedule early evaluation**
          ———
          In the meantime, MF ECNL teams can’t seem to handle a newly promoted NPL team.

Comment

I am glad your happy and yes people shouldn't be talking trash about 13 year olds. But it does seem its coming from one of your own...What you need to understand is that there is a huge turnover in all age groups at MF for a reason. players and coaches. If your are fortunate enough to be having a positive experience then that's great. But if you have been part of that 06 team for years then you have seen many, many players come and go. Both "A" and "B" level. Why do you think that is? If you say that those players aren't of a certain caliber well there lies the rub with Matchfit. They don't develop kids and 'B' level kids get tossed to the side. What happened when coach Ash was there? He was doing good things with the 'B' kids until you "elite" parents complained and wanted him for the "A". Parents who paid their money get the shaft. And of course coach Ash moved on to something better...He hated you parents by the way..and its not just the 06 team that there are issues with. Throughout all age groups kids leave because the program sucks and then in the middle of the year new "better" kids are brought in. Why do they need to do that if they are developing talent? If you have been part of the 06 for years you should be pissed that new kids are brought in mid year..unless your friends with the new ones because you've played elsewhere with them....I know the families of the kids now being bumped down are pissed. Yes I know that is part of the process of elite soccer but in the middle of the year when you've already paid?
            All in all I get your frustration with peoples comments especially if they target the kids. But most are giving their honest feedback. Like it or not Bucci is hated by many and you will continue to see people bash him and the MF program on these boards. just don't read the boards if you don't want to hear the honest feedback from prople

Comment

Heard a pair of sisters were at a certain tryout this week !
              I guess the kool aid isn’t as potent as you think!
              where are they going?

Comment

I agree that parents here should act like adults. We left MF due to the toxicity, especially that parents' sideline during games, some of the parents really do have unreasonable expectations for their kids. My advice in general to parents, shut up, be positive, let them play, play hard, let them make mistakes, make up for mistakes, and be positive and PATIENT. Do you want your kids to have fun, or not?

And yes, paying that much money, to sit on the bench, is not fun for the child, OR the parent.

As a group, parents should be required to play 1 game a season, pay $200 for that game, with the ECNL / DA substitution rules, so they can experience what their kids are feeling.

Totally DISAGREE that best soccer, for girls, overall across all age groups, is being played, in NJ, in the ECNL league. That's BS. Look at Cup results. And, later this year, let's look at EDP tournament results now that DA teams can play. Can't wait to see that!

Comment

I agree that parents here should act like adults. We left MF due to the toxicity, especially that parents' sideline during games, some of the parents really do have unreasonable expectations for their kids. My advice in general to parents, shut up, be positive, let them play, play hard, let them make mistakes, make up for mistakes, and be positive and PATIENT. Do you want your kids to have fun, or not?

And yes, paying that much money, to sit on the bench, is not fun for the child, OR the parent.

As a group, parents should be required to play 1 game a season, pay $200 for that game, with the ECNL / DA substitution rules, so they can experience what their kids are feeling.

Totally DISAGREE that best soccer, for girls, overall across all age groups, is being played, in NJ, in the ECNL league. That's BS. Look at Cup results. And, later this year, let's look at EDP tournament results now that DA teams can play. Can't wait to see that!
                  Not sure if this is Tim or Shaun, but either way, Thanks STA

Comment

ha ha. but thats not Tim's style. Cryer maybe

Comment

"The ECNL is the best league in the country playing the best competition and unless you want to go to PDA or World Class you can go play for a lower level team. If your child plays multiple sports then the DA is not the place for you either."

Hey soccer Mom, thats Bucci telling you ECNL is best leauge in the country. Since you have been with him for a while your just drowning in his koolaide.

and what your really saying with your statement is your kid can't make PDA or WC so have to settle for match fit

Comment

ha ha. but thats not Tim's style. Cryer maybe
                        Ah but Tim is getting desperate. Heard he is struggling with numbers in the 02, 03 and 06 age groups. Parents talk you know.

Comment

You think Tim or Shaun, or any MF coach past or present, can carry a conversation for over 1 or 2 sentences? No, I am parent with child who thankfully, left that team.

Comment

Ah but Tim is getting desperate. Heard he is struggling with numbers in the 02, 03 and 06 age groups. Parents talk you know.
                            Lots of STA girls at tryouts these days. No wonder the panic is real. Watch to insults to Matchfit increase over the next few weeks

Comment

Lots of STA girls at tryouts these days. No wonder the panic is real. Watch to insults to Matchfit increase over the next few weeks
                              Yea. STA kids that didn't make the DA team or USYS A team looking at Matchfit. That has been the norm for years. There is not one A team player from STA heading over to Matchfit in any age group. Thats a fact. PDA or WC maybe, but Match fit gets the scraps.

Comment

Yea. STA kids that didn't make the DA team or USYS A team looking at Matchfit. That has been the norm for years. There is not one A team player from STA heading over to Matchfit in any age group. Thats a fact. PDA or WC maybe, but Match fit gets the scraps.
                                Isn't that the truth! Seen it at many age groups at Matchfit.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X