Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    in the end.....the team did poorly in the tournament....jurgens should have got him on the team fault with jurgen and his personal issues.
    I believe there was a role for him on the team. So did Klinsman.

Problem is Landon didn't want the role.

Comment

Is NYSC Political

Yeah bullsh-t happens everywhere but that doesn't mean it is acceptable. Just saying that NYSC had a lot of strange stuff going on and we don't miss that part of the program at all.
      You cant pretend to be surprised when it happens....you know this and have to accept this going in.

Comment

Here is my experience with NYSC. My son is a starter on one of the teams with the President of the boards son. I don't have a complaint about start time or even playtime, because my son gets more than his share. That being said, our team is awful. Not because the players on the team are so bad, but because the favoritism is unbelievable. There are times when my son is playing like crap, and he is kept in because he is a favorite. The board members son does not belong in the starting line up, much less play every minute of every game. it is a very bad situation on that team

Comment

Is NYSC Political

Here is my experience with NYSC. My son is a starter on one of the teams with the President of the boards son. I don't have a complaint about start time or even playtime, because my son gets more than his share. That being said, our team is awful. Not because the players on the team are so bad, but because the favoritism is unbelievable. There are times when my son is playing like crap, and he is kept in because he is a favorite. The board members son does not belong in the starting line up, much less play every minute of every game. it is a very bad situation on that team

AGAIN....BS Poilitics

Comment

Here's where I've seen players get "special treatment":

-They are really good, and FDB dad is always leveraging that they have better offers

-They are close with the coach in some way

-Kids who show up early, stay late, listen, behave, and are asking for me. They may not be the best kids on the team, but they show they are the most willing to improve.

You'd be surprised how often it's the last item listed there. Coaches aren't always interested in a player, especially at a young age, who may look to be the best player on the pitch from the parent's sideline. Most, or at least the good ones, are looking at where that player can go vs. where they are now.

obviously written by a coach. this is some funny stuff. Tell me what club you play for that rewards all the 'hardworking' players and I will bring my kids there tomorrow.

Coaches have no idea what players 'will develop into'--they fall in love with big, fast, and skilled even when these kids are the dumbest players on the field. Cost their teams over and over again by refusing to pass and trying to dribble anyone/anything in their path and never lift their head up. Soccer IQ of 0 but coaches are looking for 'high IQ' players. hilarious.

Comment

Did Someone Say Politics

Not sure if it is politics or just poor management. Speaking for the girls side, the customer service is so poor you would think they are a government run agency. They treat the girls like cattle and will always chase the shiny new toy. The coaches feel they do not need to speak with the parents and if questioned management will lie to your face. Instead of truly focusing on developing players they spend all of their practices teaching how to play in their system.

Comment

obviously written by a coach. this is some funny stuff. Tell me what club you play for that rewards all the 'hardworking' players and I will bring my kids there tomorrow.

Coaches have no idea what players 'will develop into'--they fall in love with big, fast, and skilled even when these kids are the dumbest players on the field. Cost their teams over and over again by refusing to pass and trying to dribble anyone/anything in their path and never lift their head up. Soccer IQ of 0 but coaches are looking for 'high IQ' players. hilarious.
                Not a coach; just a player's parent who has a bit of a clue.

Comment

Is NYSC Political

Not a coach; just a player's parent who has a bit of a clue.
                  oh, great another parent with a clue???.....no difference with a quarterback on a monday morning!!!!

Comment

oh, great another parent with a clue???.....no difference with a quarterback on a monday morning!!!!
                    Actually, quite the difference. It's those who come on here and complain about everything though they have no real understanding of the game. When someone tells you from direct experience with something, it goes right over your head...

I'm the quarterback everyday of the week, sizzlechest. Not just on Mondays.

Comment

U12 or U15 team?

Comment

U12 or U15 team?
                        Why would this person tell you which team they are on? So you can go after every player on the board members team who starts a lot? Neither of his sons deserve to be playing every second of their games

Comment

Why would this person tell you which team they are on? So you can go after every player on the board members team who starts a lot? Neither of his sons deserve to be playing every second of their games
                          I didn't volunteer the information, the poster did.

If it's the U12 team, who cares?

If it's the U15 team, that's sorta BS, and it's not as if the team is tearing up the league. That's why I asked as it would directly answer the question of this thread.

Comment

The dad is loaded and financially supports the program.
                            That's America today, love it or leave it.

Comment

I didn't volunteer the information, the poster did.

If it's the U12 team, who cares?

If it's the U15 team, that's sorta BS, and it's not as if the team is tearing up the league. That's why I asked as it would directly answer the question of this thread.
                              Why is it "sorta BS"?

Comment

Not sure if it is politics or just poor management. Speaking for the girls side, the customer service is so poor you would think they are a government run agency. They treat the girls like cattle and will always chase the shiny new toy. The coaches feel they do not need to speak with the parents and if questioned management will lie to your face. Instead of truly focusing on developing players they spend all of their practices teaching how to play in their system.
                                They totally chase new toys. They give prospective kids parents so much more information than they do current players. We cant get any sense of who is coaching next year, who is being placed on which team, what league we're playing in but they want the money immediately and meanwhile they're out there telling prospects all the info. Not sure that is politics but it is crappy treatment of loyal customers.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X