Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DA might be going bye bye

Big clubs in Seattle dropping out of DA entirely.

MLS Clubs are going to get stuck with more travel and higher costs.

Bye bye U12-U14 DA.

It will be nice to see these TA players joint is back in the state leagues this coming year.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Bye bye U12-U14 DA.

It will be nice to see these TA players joint is back in the state leagues this coming year.
    Join us**

Comment

Can you post link where this information was gathered?

Comment

The girls DA just seemed like a bad idea to begin with. I hope they figure it out but I don't like the rules at all.

Comment

I think he pulled it from http://www.hisbigfatass.com

Comment

I think he pulled it from http://www.hisbigfatass.com
            It was shared from www.im****ingjealousmykiddidntnakeit.net

Comment

I read it on the wall of the women's room at the Sandy Jug. There was no phone number which made it a little sketchy but it seemed legit.

Comment

Wow, all that effort and you misspelt it. 😂

Comment

Bye bye U12-U14 DA.

U12 is already gone.

u13/14 Little league in Oregon is a bust.

No big deal, it was a path to nowhere in Oregon. Other than FC and WST at the HS ages.

Life goes on.

Comment

Wow, all that effort and you misspelt it. 😂
                    And the pussies who run this place don’t allow swearing either

Comment

DA is failing... I give it 1-2 years tops at this rate.

Comment

U12 is already gone.

u13/14 Little league in Oregon is a bust.

No big deal, it was a path to nowhere in Oregon. Other than FC and WST at the HS ages.

Life goes on.
                        GDA never had U12 or U13; BDA is dropping U12. But now BDA and GDA are splitting U17s into U16 and U17, so that adds another team back. GDA has been a very mixed bag - a few regions like SoCal are still good, but others like here and th NE are a mess. Last year several good clubs left GDA to return to ECNL; there's a already a few announced drop outs for next year and USSF has only added in some mediocre clubs. Can GDA survive? Maybe. But not how it is now. It either needs to drastically scale back to just some top clubs and players, or maybe it drops the poor regions.

The bigger risk to BDA right now is if MLS clubs pull out, as is rumored. If they pull out BDA becomes just another league. As it is now some of the non MLS clubs aren't hacking it

Comment

GDA never had U12 or U13; BDA is dropping U12. But now BDA and GDA are splitting U17s into U16 and U17, so that adds another team back. GDA has been a very mixed bag - a few regions like SoCal are still good, but others like here and th NE are a mess. Last year several good clubs left GDA to return to ECNL; there's a already a few announced drop outs for next year and USSF has only added in some mediocre clubs. Can GDA survive? Maybe. But not how it is now. It either needs to drastically scale back to just some top clubs and players, or maybe it drops the poor regions.

The bigger risk to BDA right now is if MLS clubs pull out, as is rumored. If they pull out BDA becomes just another league. As it is now some of the non MLS clubs aren't hacking it
                          You guys are killing me!

The OP wasn’t talking about GDA. The heading to this strand is “DA might be going bye bye”

Nobody cares about the GDA.

Comment

You guys are killing me!

The OP wasn’t talking about GDA. The heading to this strand is “DA might be going bye bye”

Nobody cares about the GDA.
                            DA covers boys and girls. BDA and GDA are for each gender. Having GDA disappear isn't a good look; it reinforces that USSF doesn't know what it's doing. Eleven years of BDA and there isn't much to show for that either.

Comment

DA covers boys and girls. BDA and GDA are for each gender. Having GDA disappear isn't a good look; it reinforces that USSF doesn't know what it's doing. Eleven years of BDA and there isn't much to show for that either.
                              It’s because there is no set teaching curriculum that each team must follow. Why not have certain practice formats and schedules of drills and video that EVERY team must follow rather than the fragmented and individual decisions by coaches. We have been at 3 different clubs and had 3 different experiences. Before you start we moved here from California because of my job and the first team my oldest landed on was not a good fit (I will leave out names and details) and we are now have had 3 different styles/approaches/commitment levels to actually developing the kids. IMHO contraction needs to happen and a “standardized” approach needs to be implemented and taught to whoever is going to coach this group of identified kids. At the young ages style and formation (ie TA trying to teach its philosophy) are not nearly as important as fundamental ball skills and technique

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X