Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi everyone - glad found this because it is the exact topic we were looking for information on.
    Our club sent out offers to this year players asking for commitment ahead of the tryouts next week and we're confused on what to do. The roster for the teams will not be set until after tryouts finish and they do not say in the offer which team you're being placed on. Is that normal? This is our first year with a club and trying to figure out how to handle. They want the commitment within 3 days.
    If your son/daughter is good, don't worry about it..
    If you son/daughter is bottom 4-5 than i would make a decision quick. The issue at hand is that teams are very worried about losing players now a days because jump ship whenever they want. They want to try and lock you in now before tryout season starts.

Comment

If your son/daughter is good, don't worry about it..
      If you son/daughter is bottom 4-5 than i would make a decision quick. The issue at hand is that teams are very worried about losing players now a days because jump ship whenever they want. They want to try and lock you in now before tryout season starts.
      ok, so if we generally get good amount of playtime and feedback nornmally is good nothing to worry? Just weird they have A, B and C teams and since we're on the A team it would be a huge deal if then demoted to B and they dont say until way fter you already paid and miss tryouts everyehwere else.

Comment

ok, so if we generally get good amount of playtime and feedback nornmally is good nothing to worry? Just weird they have A, B and C teams and since we're on the A team it would be a huge deal if then demoted to B and they dont say until way fter you already paid and miss tryouts everyehwere else.
        There is no way a club should be taking any deposits or requesting a deposit for the fall season already. Major red flag from the club or organization and would not be happy to be put in that situation because the spring season just started !

Comment

There is no way a club should be taking any deposits or requesting a deposit for the fall season already. Major red flag from the club or organization and would not be happy to be put in that situation because the spring season just started !
          Depends on the age group -- for the younger ones U8-U14 tryouts are kicking off right now at many clubs and I have heard of several clubs sending pre-offer letters weeks ago. Letters will be going out this / next week at numerous clubs which will require your deposit along with acceptance. I think its more the unfortunate reality than anything else.

Comment

Depends on the age group -- for the younger ones U8-U14 tryouts are kicking off right now at many clubs and I have heard of several clubs sending pre-offer letters weeks ago. Letters will be going out this / next week at numerous clubs which will require your deposit along with acceptance. I think its more the unfortunate reality than anything else.
            Which clubs are sending out letters already ... any high level ones at the lower age groups?

Comment

Anyone have any idea of when the East Meadow tryouts are?

Comment

some people are just not happy playing at their current team/club....you have to get yourself as many options as possible to choose from before rosters are full for fall.
                Some people. There are way too many toxic parents spreading the negativity. Some people can not be made happy no matter what.

Comment

Tryout season already here

I was just thinking the same thing. What gender/age group are you interested in?

Comment

I’m so confused by people wondering if they should be attending tryouts. Do your current clubs not offer evaluations of your child’s play after was each season? Our club has given my daughter 2 evaluations this season already. She is luckily progressing on track with where her coach expects the team to be. Others on her team have told us that their daughters are below the expectations of the team, and those parents have of course made plans to attend other tryouts. If your child has not gotten an evaluation, you should be asking for one. No one should be going into tryout season without a clue

Comment

I’m so confused by people wondering if they should be attending tryouts. Do your current clubs not offer evaluations of your child’s play after was each season? Our club has given my daughter 2 evaluations this season already. She is luckily progressing on track with where her coach expects the team to be. Others on her team have told us that their daughters are below the expectations of the team, and those parents have of course made plans to attend other tryouts. If your child has not gotten an evaluation, you should be asking for one. No one should be going into tryout season without a clue
                      We get a mid year report card. I think more and more parents are making noise that there should not only be a report card but some sort of sit down parent/teacher type of conference. For all the money being paid some face to face feedback isn't too much to ask.

Comment

Historically EMSC has had their tryouts after other clubs. It’s dumb but whatever they want to do is up to them.

Comment

I was just thinking the same thing. What gender/age group are you interested in?
                          07 Girls

Comment

07 Girls
                            The top upcoming club are the Dix Hills UST teams run by Kozy. The boys teams have been competing and beating the likes of Valencia, Barca and KK. The training is top notch and the younger boys teams are top notch. Come down for a training and see for yourself. The Hype is real.

Comment

Tryout Season already here

The top upcoming club are the Dix Hills UST teams run by Kozy. The boys teams have been competing and beating the likes of Valencia, Barca and KK. The training is top notch and the younger boys teams are top notch. Come down for a training and see for yourself. The Hype is real.
                              BS.....the kosy teams are playing low divisions.....for example UST boys 2010 they beat barcas 3rd team in a close game (the barca 3rd team plays without a real GK)!!!! what a joke!!!!

I'm sure this is the same UST person idiot bragging about how good these particular 2010 kids are that are still playing in diapers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Barca? are you kidding? Dix Hills are playing NYCSL D2 with Barca's 3rd team. Come play in NYCSL D1 against Barca 2010 1st and 2nd teams. We will then see if the Hype is real.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X