Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    He only left with one team, not two. And that had nothing to do with Smithtown, it had to do with him
    Smithtown and LIPS especially should have insisted the team stayed at Sachem. That would have been the right thing to do.

Comment

Smithtown and LIPS especially should have insisted the team stayed at Sachem. That would have been the right thing to do.
      You are talking about dishonorable people here. What makes you think they would do the right thing. I knew from the beginning that Lips would just come and steal players and whole teams. You don't trust a snake.

Comment

You are talking about dishonorable people here. What makes you think they would do the right thing. I knew from the beginning that Lips would just come and steal players and whole teams. You don't trust a snake.
        Tom Lips is an idiot ! Get it through your heads.

Comment

Are you people serious? I'm not defending Lips but am simply responding to the idiotic statement that he stole teams and players. How does someone steal a team? The team decided to leave, they weren't stolen. I'm sure some parents/kids didn't want to move but the majority did. And not because they were stolen, but because Smithtown was able to offer them a product (better league options) that Sachem couldn't. This happens (unfortunately) all too often in youth sports, usually because everyone always thinks the grass is greener, but so is life. But to say teams and players were stolen is ridiculous. As many have said, the teams and players have been leaving Sachem for years because the board is awful. Before Lips, any player that was even halfway decent, left sachem to go to KK. Was that Lips' fault too? No, it was because there was a better product out there.

Comment

Are you people serious? I'm not defending Lips but am simply responding to the idiotic statement that he stole teams and players. How does someone steal a team? The team decided to leave, they weren't stolen. I'm sure some parents/kids didn't want to move but the majority did. And not because they were stolen, but because Smithtown was able to offer them a product (better league options) that Sachem couldn't. This happens (unfortunately) all too often in youth sports, usually because everyone always thinks the grass is greener, but so is life. But to say teams and players were stolen is ridiculous. As many have said, the teams and players have been leaving Sachem for years because the board is awful. Before Lips, any player that was even halfway decent, left sachem to go to KK. Was that Lips' fault too? No, it was because there was a better product out there.
            You are on point.

Comment

BULL**** team didn't need to go anywhere. It was a Sachem team stolen by the training organization bought in to protect and grow the club, not dismantle it.

Comment

Tom Lips is an idiot ! Get it through your heads.
                Greedy

Comment

More Sachem Shenanigans

Perfectly said....Its like saying microsoft excell stole the spreadsheet market from lotus 123 (remember this 30 years ago) Excell was a better product plain and simple.

Kids/parents will move if they are unhappy (This happens at every club every day, its not a new revelation. if they did't go to LIPs, they would have gone somewhere else).

Comment

Perfectly said....Its like saying microsoft excell stole the spreadsheet market from lotus 123 (remember this 30 years ago) Excell was a better product plain and simple.

Kids/parents will move if they are unhappy (This happens at every club every day, its not a new revelation. if they did't go to LIPs, they would have gone somewhere else).
                    Wasn't LIPS employed to make the SYSL program stronger so kids didn't leave?

Comment

More Sachem Shenanigans

Wasn't LIPS employed to make the SYSL program stronger so kids didn't leave?
                      Oh well, cost of doing business. If you are dumb enough to invite a wolf to dinner, don't be surprised if you get eaten yourself. sounds like a history of bad decision making at sachem.
                      Business is business.

Comment

how was it a better product when it was the same trainer, same players, same training organization but they switched Sachem jerseys for Smithtown ones and were forced to train in a different location? How has that been to the benefit of Sachem?

Comment

More Sachem Shenanigans

how was it a better product when it was the same trainer, same players, same training organization but they switched Sachem jerseys for Smithtown ones and were forced to train in a different location? How has that been to the benefit of Sachem?
                          Maybe the kids and parents like the trainer and went with him....its not unheard of (actually happens alot).

Comment

You keep asking "how has that been to the benefit of Sachem" and that's the point, that's Sachem's problem not Lips. In terms of how is it a better product, because Smithtown is better than Sachem. They have better teams and more importantly for some, better leagues, particularly on the girls side. While the NPL is not what it was 2-3 years ago, its infinitely better than what Sachem can offer any of the girls teams, hence, the better product.

Lastly, we really need to stop acting like Lips/Smithtown is where all the sachem kids left and went to. They did not. Most are at SUSA, LGA and still a bunch at KK.

Comment

BULL**** team didn't need to go anywhere. It was a Sachem team stolen by the training organization bought in to protect and grow the club, not dismantle it.
                              The majority of that team wanted NPL. Sachem could not offer them that.

Comment

This is a common and funny cycle that many towns have done to themselves and I find it ironic. It is no different in our town and several surrounding towns that brought in hired guns (often with accents) from premier clubs. The board of our town ran our program into the ground because of their own stupidity and antics around their own kids and teams. They got in way over their heads and local parents were sick of it and fled to premier and other sports. This negatively impacted their own teams and they thought bringing in pros could fix the training and stupidity but it did not. It only gave some of the remaining decent players options to go elsewhere and many took these options further weakening a club (and several teams) in a downward spiral. I often chuckle at the fools that did this and what they accomplished. They have often been fearful of losing kids to other sports and premier but they put out such a terrible product and model of development, that they actually pushed far more kids out than would have left otherwise. I have no sympathy for our club and the fools that run it and I see may towns around ours in the same boat .... no wonder soccer and youth sports in general are in the boats they are in .... adults can't do the right things ever when their own kids are involved. The only reason people get involved nowadays is so their kids can get prime positions on the A teams and board members or coaches can build everything around their less than average children.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X